The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

The Conor, like Rousey era, is over. The UFC will try to ring whatever money they can out of him. Back-to-back losses to the same opponent. Out of the cage events. Ditching the classy Conor and talking about his opponent’s wife. The magic is gone. He’ll still have the Paul’s, the Diaz’s, a Masvidal.

It’s crazy the UFC is at odds with Jon. Push Jon, Francis, Rose, and Izzy. You’re owned by a talent management company. Make them household names.

I disagree. How is Connor ranked #5 at LW and his ONLY win in that division was 2016? 🧐 He never intended to defend his 155 title so instead of dropping the belt, he was parading around with it until he was forced to relinquish the belt. Then a 1st Rd victory at WW earned him a #1 contender match at LW. Finally, a KO loss earned him an immediate #1 contender rematch. Those reasons listed is why he’s holding 155 hostage. And let’s just say McGregor would win a possible part 4. We would need a 5th right away as it would be 2-2. Unless McGregor cons the public again I’m thinking he won the series and the rivalry is now over. 🙄
Not really. Since khabib retired the only fighter that has an argument to being screwed is Dustin, but he’s the one that chose the conor fight instead of fighting for the title

Nobody else is being held up and the division moved forward with Charles and chandler

Not sure what the deal with Justin is but he may need to fight his friend Benny to get a match

And rankings don’t matter. I didn’t know that needed to be mentioned

More I watch the clip the more you can see his footing was so bad and wobbly from getting tagged that he landed on his back foot wrong. Connor was done and broke his own leg lol

Justin definitely got screwed.

Also, the Islam rocket needs more fuel. Khabib’s departure definitely has led a vacuum.

Justin definitely got screwed.

Also, the Islam rocket needs more fuel. Khabib’s departure definitely has led a vacuum.
Nobody wants to fight Islam that’s the problem

Justin could also fight chandler now since the signing of chandler is something else that “screwed” Justin if you say that

Not really. Since khabib retired the only fighter that has an argument to being screwed is Dustin, but he’s the one that chose the conor fight instead of fighting for the title

Nobody else is being held up and the division moved forward with Charles and chandler

Not sure what the deal with Justin is but he may need to fight his friend Benny to get a match

And rankings don’t matter. I didn’t know that needed to be mentioned

Rankings do matter as his position in the ranks lead his last two bouts to be a #1 contenders match. You neglected my point about Connor’s last LW win was in ‘16. As a matter of face Connor has not beaten any of the ranked LW fighters that are on the official UFC rankings. So 15 guys are technically as rankings help with contracts, Preliems/main card placement etc.

I think you are coming from a money perspective which in that case rankings don’t matter. But that still doesn’t negate the fact that people are being leapfrogged by a guy who shouldn’t be in that position. The goalposts will always move to make McGregor the forever #1 contender with unlimited title shots.

Rankings do matter as his position in the ranks lead his last two bouts to be a #1 contenders match. You neglected my point about Connor’s last LW win was in ‘16. As a matter of face Connor has not beaten any of the ranked LW fighters that are on the official UFC rankings. So 15 guys are technically as rankings help with contracts, Preliems/main card placement etc.

I think you are coming from a money perspective which in that case rankings don’t matter. But that still doesn’t negate the fact that people are being leapfrogged by a guy who shouldn’t be in that position. The goalposts will always move to make McGregor the forever #1 contender with unlimited title shots.
You neglected the main fact in that whom exactly has been held up or leap frogged?

spiderjericho spiderjericho

Kellerman and Teddy Atlas were giving their take on the Conor fight and they cut to Rogan and he said “I completely disagree with that analysis”

I don’t know why they got so many people covering the show.

SAS and Kellerman got no business being there.

Obviously you got the cageside crew and then it should have been Karyn Bryant in the studio with Dom and Bisping.

You neglected the main fact in that whom exactly has been held up or leap frogged?

Reading is fundamental. I said the 15 people, as Connor doesn’t have a LW win over any of them and when you factor his ranking which he shouldn’t have, the 16th guy who would have been on the list was screwed/leapfrogged.

Reading is fundamental. I said the 15 people, as Connor doesn’t have a LW win over any of them and when you factor his ranking which he shouldn’t have, the 16th guy who would have been on the list was screwed/leapfrogged.
Ok you got it, not gonna debate it if that’s your stance

Nate almost got a title shot, wouldn’t have made sense. So yeah, would have sucked too but that’s Dana for ya

spiderjericho spiderjericho

Kellerman and Teddy Atlas were giving their take on the Conor fight and they cut to Rogan and he said “I completely disagree with that analysis”

I don’t know why they got so many people covering the show.

SAS and Kellerman got no business being there.

Obviously you got the cageside crew and then it should have been Karyn Bryant in the studio with Dom and Bisping.
I heard that from Submission Radio. I just watched the main card from Sugar Shawn to the ME.

After last week’s fiasco, ESPN is big trash. They definitely got Disneyfied. I remember watching Sports Center mid to late 90s with Stuart Scott and it was hip. And they obviously had a bunch of other great personalities. But the talking head who has nothing to do with the sport is lame. Issue is none of the big names have retired to become analyst. DC, Chael, Cruz and Bisping could have easily gotten in there. But they’re not mainstream talking heads. Probably why Ariel got out of there. The Politics, Dana, the ESPN/UFC relationship.

Max and Atlas got no business. Neither does SAS. I give him credit for giving that interview though.

UFC so thirsty for that Conor attention that they pushed aside the medical staff to let him cut a promo while his foot is damn near hanging on by a thread :smh:

..it was entertaining tho :lol:

Even before the rematches with Conor, I believe that Dustin is the second best LW of all-time after Khabib

It's tough to compare eras but I think BJ's prime aint touching Dustin's

It be crazy if Connor released Dustin's wife DMs.
It’s definitely nothing and most likely pertained to the donation. Otherwise, Conor would have been leaked the message to get into Dustin’s head. However he’s been twisting it and making it mischievous.

Crazy theory, what if that was Dustin’s idea to have his wife dm him, just to give Conor some desperate material? Conor literally had nothing for the psychological warfare.

Back
Top Bottom