The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

“Is Hans a goofy dude? Yeah, he’s a very goofy dude,” White said. “But they’re a sponsor. These guys are a sponsor, they’re great sponsors, [and] they pay these guys a lot of money.

“It’s a privilege to get money from a sponsor. So if you don’t like the way they do business, don’t do business with them.”

saw this last night, just ******* gross man, not only are you not going to defend your fighter, but you're going to suck their ***** too

Was bummed that Izzy took the L, but he needed some humbling anyway. He was feelin himself a lil too much and underestimated that weight difference. He def woulda been food if he fought Jon Jones.

And anyone who thought Aljo was faking is an idiot. I don't like how he handled everything afterwards tho. Why u going on a press tour? just chill for a min. And I aint even mad at him having a little celebration with his fam and close friends who all flew out to support him, but I woulda just told everyone to not take/post any flicks. Just bad optics. And the little stunt he pulled with Cejudo was goofy.

had no idea that was megan andersons last fight
Posted it in this thread. Normally, they’ll resign folks prior to a title fight. Did no such thing. She was probably .500 in the UFC in a barely staffed division. There’s maybe 1-2 fights in the future. But that division doesn’t have long unless they can get a Kayla Harrison. Or someone else comes along.

Now, they got Yan doing press now lol. I’m a little fatigued from that fights fall out. Looking forward to see Rocky and if he’s improved.

Looking forward to that Till/Vettori scrap, could be fireworks. Though if Till wins I still think he needs at least one more big win before they give him a shot, he just lost to Whittaker last year. I get Till has the starpower but guy is 1-3 in his last four fights. Vettori would definitely be more than deserving if he wins impressively though.

Reactions: OTG
Matt Serra is hurting, wow at Aljo but it is what it is

“When I found out I wasn’t in it, I gave Aljo a call. I felt stupid because I made a call before that and left a nice message. Then I got the call from Longo and he said, ‘How are you out of the corner? It’s your team.’ I said you f*cking tell me. But at the same time, I didn’t want his head f*cked up before the fight so I didn’t attack him. I called him and left a message and said, ‘I love you and I’m here for you either way if you need me.’ I told Aljo a few weeks before he left (for Las Vegas) that the COVID sh*t is crazy so if you need to use bodies (for corners) I understand. But when you’ve been with a guy for that long — first of all, Aljo texted me and said he would call me back, but I didn’t hear from the kid for three days. I don’t want to be over-sensitive, but how do you think those nights were sleeping? I’m just hurt. I know you’re busy and things are going on but I gotta know what the f*ck I’m doing,” Matt Serra said.

“So when I talked to him, we talked a little bit about sparring partners and this and that. So I understand if it’s about that, I understand. But then I’m watching (UFC 259) and I have nothing against Eric Nicksick, he’s a nice guy and it’s not his fault Aljo went there, but it’s like, hey man, you’re gonna have some guy you been working with for three months and I’ve been with you for seven years? If that’s what you want then I understand. But this is the thing. Now, this is no longer this thing of ours with mine or Longo. And that’s all, we did this (Team Serra – Longo) with the intention of guys reaching their goals. But you can’t help but feel disrespected. From the time this guy got into the UFC, you can point to one time I missed a sparing session in seven years. I got a family, but you train, you go, and you do it proudly because you’re backing up your guy. It’s our guy vs. another savage that’s what it is. I’m not going to lie to you, I was a little hurt. And I love everyone involved, but you gotta know when people make choices there are consequences. So I can understand nobody wanted to say anything because they didn’t want to f*ck up this kid’s head before the fight. But at the same time, I would have handled things differently if the shoe was on the other foot,” Serra continued

“My thing is, going forward, it’s better now to make an exit on a high note. I loved cornering, but what is it for the next fight, is it me and Nicksick with rock paper scissors to see who gets to corner? I have a family. I will always be in this kid’s corner, just not physically anymore. And not by my choice, but by the choices that are made here. So I’m retiring from the whole cornering thing,” Serra said.

The heel turn continues...

Longo/Serra are who were in his corner. LI and Longo were there. But hopefully, they resolve the issue.

Also Izzy does not want the rematch with Vittori. That was up there in his top three worst performances (Romero, Blachovich, and Vittori).

I did find it strange that Serra wasn’t there. Dude has been with Aljo for years...

Been defending dude all week, but damn Aljo. :smh:

I must say, I'm tired of Izzy calling out Till. Till deserves not a damb thing. Like seriously, he should be like 3 fights from a title fight. I'm sick and tired of Darren Till being in the same sentence as title shot

Meanwhile you have Robert Whittaker, Vettori and Kevin Holland who are all much more deserving...

Do better Izzy

He isn't brash or flashy or boastful but at least he's usually just being 100% authentic. It's nice to have that alternative character type

I'll have to checkout that UFC Destined ep with Leon. ESPN seems to rarely promote the series but from the other ones I've seen they have all been well produced and been solid watches.

I must say, I'm tired of Izzy calling out Till. Till deserves not a damb thing. Like seriously, he should be like 3 fights from a title fight. I'm sick and tired of Darren Till being in the same sentence as title shot

Meanwhile you have Robert Whittaker, Vettori and Kevin Holland who are all much more deserving...

Do better Izzy
Well I mean he already beat 2 of them.

styles makes fights, gotta feed izzy new bodies before we start doing the rematch game.

why complain? Till and izzy is a good fight...who cares about all the logistics

respect to izzy for calling out all the top guys, izzy will never be known for ducking fights.

Except JBJ.

:/

Izzy gives off that Floyd energy where he’ll pick a matchup based on timing. He doesn’t want a rematch with Vettori. And Bobby Knuckles might take lessons learned from the Jan fight and apply it to their rematch.

GSP defended against all comers...but he was realistic and a scaredy cat when it came to moving up...which is why he waited until Bisping was the champ. So I’ll give Izzy at least respect for trying.

Back
Top Bottom