The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

:stoneface: Dude has no shame. I’d be embarrassed parading around like I’m the champ if I won the fight that way.

This is how you loose a fight. Refreshing to see. Love him or hate him he has to be respected.

watched this finally, he handled that **** quite well. Everything he said was spot on imo

He paid respect and was pretty lucid

His face was literally spotless and honestly he really had the opportunity to win. TDD was pretty solid for the first 3 rounds. He just didn't quite have the venom in his strikes

Hespect.

hespect to izzy, took a big risk....the jon fight is a pipe dream now....don’t think they ever fight, the time was now but the small window has closed. Oh well.

Jan fought a hell of a fight, he was very cautious and his reaction time was lightning quick Saturday, he gave style bender 0 openings and made no mistakes. He used his jab well and touched izzy the whole fight, kept him honest. I gave izzy the 2nd round thats it. 4 rounds to 1 and NO 10-8 rounds. Jan fought a cautious fight and won fairly easy.

luke rockhold
Dom Reyes
Jacare
Manua
Canonier
Corey Anderson
STYLEBENDER

Damn, thats quite a wall.

Hespect.

hespect to izzy, took a big risk....the jon fight is a pipe dream now....don’t think they ever fight, the time was now but the small window has closed. Oh well.

Jan fought a hell of a fight, he was very cautious and his reaction time was lightning quick Saturday, he gave style bender 0 openings and made no mistakes. He used his jab well and touched izzy the whole fight, kept him honest. I gave izzy the 2nd round thats it. 4 rounds to 1 and NO 10-8 rounds. Jan fought a cautious fight and won fairly easy.

luke rockhold
Dom Reyes
Jacare
Manua
Canonier
Corey Anderson
STYLEBENDER

Damn, thats quite a wall.
Bones haven't fought in a minute, but I think Izzy would of have gotten destroyed.

But you never know ... styles make fights.

Ok I'll get off Aljos case now..

Screenshot_20210308-141421_WhatsApp.jpg

Watched the card from the prelims through main event last night (didn't see the early prelims though). The prelims definitely delivered but yea the main fights were largely disappointing. I also only gave Izzy the 2nd round and had it 4-1 Jan. The commentary was so bad, who cares if you're reacting to feints if Izzy isn't effectively using it to his advantage?!?! Izzy was mostly too gun shy outside of the 2nd and that brief period early in the 5th. Jan was smart to use his wrestling late in the fight.

Yan would have had that fight sewed up if he didn't make that terrible mistake. At first I didn't think Aljo was playing up the injury but his post fight interview and those pics he posted have me thinking otherwise. SMH if that's the case. I wonder if they suspend Yan or if not try to do the rematch later this year.

Once again another opponent that had absolutely nothing for Nunes, can see them dissolving that division and her just fighting a few more times at BW.

Islam is a problem at LW, can see him moving up the ranks quickly if he gets the right fights but I'm sure lots of guys won't want to fight him knowing he has that Khabib style and is a grappling powerhouse.

So now all eyes turn to francis and stiopic.....

I wanna say Stipe gut it out again....

but you know MMA lol

Aljo needs to just do a full heel turn and go all in on a new champ, respect me gimmick for the lols. Probably be able to main event the ppv for May. Have Sandhagen/TJ co main.
Not everyone built for the heel, being hated role. But his reputation is pretty much destroyed right now.

That’s probably one of the best, most artful women’s fights right now.

And Aljo definitely made a Miz level heel turn.

:/

He’s going to get buried by those Yan Hands.

Gotta give Yan his due, his resume was being questioned, which was somewhat fair. He went in and handled a prime Aljo who was pushing the pace in the first round

I still think the Cejudo we last saw would beat Yan

I know it's easy to say, but I don't see Aljo beating the current version of Sandhagen

Sandhagen vs Cejudo or Yan would be pretty crazy

Have no clue about Garbrandt's health, but put him up against Rob Font

This fight had it all. Crisp technique, speed, footwork, feints, clinch work, relentless pace, heart and a Hematoma. It was something special

That Aljo gif. This truly is cray.

and the yaaas...the hematoma was insane in the Zhang/JJ fight. That was the best women’s fight I’ve ever seen. And probably 1 or 2 on best fights last year.

I got Jan beating Glover and if they give Jiri the shot should he beat Reyes, I think I got Jiri beating Jan

They might give Rakic a nod though or make Rakic fight Jiri

Rakic gotta show me more to convince me he could beat Jan

Still don’t get the “Aljo should go heel” stuff...

Again, nothing in dude’s character inside nor outside of the cage should suggest that he should even go that route.

Y’all wanted Jones to go full heel for years, but there was evidence to back that in all actuality he was a D*** despite the image he was attempting to portray.

Back
Top Bottom