The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

This is how it's always been. You get stopped, you don't get a rematch. I don't care how you looked before you got stopped. You were the challenger and the champion retained.

Aren't you the same one that brought up Chael/Anderson?

You realize Chael was finished and then there was a rematch, right?

Chael is the exception lol. He got a title shot against JBJ and a rematch with Anderson.

Maybe the answer is a rematch should occur if the decision like a Volk/Max 2 was in question, champion disqualification.

There really isn't a criteria on why a contender or champion that loses a title fight and what criteria they need to complete to qualify for another title shot, eg T. City after losing to Max (he took off more than a year, beat Korean Zombie and because there was a new champion he qualified for a title fight).

Didn't watch the above Colby vid but unless he just wants to sit out until the Fall or later (and even then who knows if they'd give him a titlefight) he likely has to take the Edwards or another fight. It definitely appears they will try to make the Usman/Masvidal rematch, probably by this summer. We all know Dana and co are salivating at the possibility of this fight and Conor-Dustin 3 taking place this summer.

It’s actually a good interview. No MAGA (except for bugging up he got called by a former president).

He brings up a good point. He’s fought four former/current champs in his last four bouts (RDA, Lawler, Usman and Woodley). He’s not against Edwards per say...except for the fact he’s sat out the last two years. His name doesn’t rang outta the moment.

Naw Colby most definitely has to take a fight first. I'd say the same for Masvidal too but he's obviously the biggest pay day for Usman. Colby/Leon would be an automatic title eliminator. Him sitting out waiting for title shots never worked out in the past, why would it now

Costa either on the cycle or weighing at 285 right now :lol:

Last edited:

I don't know why Dana was not doing this from the beginning.

Also, when Leon pulled out for the first fight they should have rescheduled a new opponent and took advantage of the hype at the time.

As much as I dislike Colby, he speaking a lot of facts in that interview. Colby been calling Masvidal name for a while now and not a peep from him. Also knows Masvidal don't stand a chance in that rematch with Usman.

Dana trying to squeeze every ounce of lemonade out of that lemon
Like wow. I give Khabib credit for starting his own league. And refusing Dana’s advances to continue fighting. I’m not sure how long he can hold out.

I honestly think there’s more money in Covington/Masvidal. That would be an insane grudge match. Usman/Masvidal ends the same.

Leon was keen on staying on the card. Said he'd fight anybody no matter ranking or not, just wanted to fight that date. Hell of an opportunity and step up for Belal.

Leon probably shake off some rust on timing and range in the 1st round maybe 2, but man there's level to this. Belal ain't ready for the elite of the division yet.

Good for Leon tho, man's actually got a ranked opponent on short notice and fight will be great as a tune up for him.

Per the nose, official Bellator Rankings.

Interestingly, no Bloodyelbow, MMAfighting or ESPN.

Last edited:
Interesting.... whose left for Covington? Gotta be Wonderboy if Chiesa is out injured. Else he waits anotherrr 6 months. Maybe he holds out and figures he only needs 2 more fights to get real money... Masvidal and a title shot. Cant say im not amused Usman and Jorge left him lookin stupid.

I guess he could fight Nate...

Stealing the ATV of your ex?

original.jpg

I'm just glad someone stepped in to fight Rocky, been too long since he's been out there. Can't keep holding out for a fight that might never happen. Still can't believe he hasn't fought in over 1.5 years, interested to see if he shows some ring rust. He needs to win impressively to show he deserves a #1 contender fight or a shot potentially later this year.

Interesting.... whose left for Covington? Gotta be Wonderboy if Chiesa is out injured. Else he waits anotherrr 6 months. Maybe he holds out and figures he only needs 2 more fights to get real money... Masvidal and a title shot. Cant say im not amused Usman and Jorge left him lookin stupid.

I guess he could fight Nate...

I am convinced Covington will not get his title shot with Usman until 2022 at this point. He really is just gonna sit on the sideline and let a year go by

Problem is a Leon Edwards, Burns, Wonderboy, Masvidal or even Khamzat could leap in front of him.

It's not an objective sport. He's at the whim of petty Dana and the matchmakers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom