The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

You don't get to the top echelon of UFCs welterweight division if your a scrub. I'll go further and say that If you muster up the balls to step in a cage barechested to fight someone on an even playing field in front of the world to see, you have all of my respect. Period. All that to say that it's no use arguing about it. Colby lost the fight against Usman. Convincingly lost that fight.

the justifiable hate for Colby really seems to cloud judgement on his ability to fight. You’re allowed to hate him while still understanding he’s a good fighter.

I don’t see anyone in the division beating Usman at the moment. But Colby sure as **** held his own until the very end. He is probably the only one who can hold his own against Usman, and is probably beating everyone else in the division.

Last edited:
No one beating usman, WB might try to OUTPOINT him....MIGHT but I think usman would eventually get his hands on him.

I thought burns would be the biggest test and he passed.

Usman is set up rn, he can chill collect some checks with some rematches and bank some defenses until a legit threat arises at 170...I think you fight masival, WB and edwards. Thats good money and at least another 1.5 years as champ. Unless stylebender drops that 85 belt don’t expect usman to move up.

and maycee barber is TRASH

Just rewatched the Colby/Usman fight.
Colby was def hanging with him throughout the entire fight, he was able to eat those jabs from Usman. much better than what Burns was able to do. Saying this as a Colby hater :lol:

He wasnt switching stances and throwing the jab with his power hand back then. Wonderboy and Colby seems like a perfect matchup. Run it and lets see if hes as good as some think

Anyone who refuses to give Colby his due is simply hating because of his schtick. I am not saying you shouldn't feel that way, but there are levels to opinions lol.

Colby is the only threat to Usman at the moment and I honestly don't know where I would put my money if they squared off again. It most likely would go to Usman, but it is a toss-up in my opinion. Colby can certainly burn in hell, but dude is the real deal in the octagon. He wins that first fight without the jaw. But the jaw happened and he lost so it is a moot point.

There is only one fight to make from a competitive sense and that is Colby. I don't want to watch Jorge at all but I would understand if he go the call from Dana.

Right? Lol. Guess Connor was blasting Khabib too....... because that’s how this works 🤷🏽‍♂️

People were actually claiming Conor looked "great" against Poirier. Lots of people.

I was like yo dude got his leg kicked off inside of 1 round and then finished inside of 2. In a 5 round fight.

Yeah really sharp :lol:

People were actually claiming Conor looked "great" against Poirier. Lots of people.

I was like yo dude got his leg kicked off inside of 1 round and then finished inside of 2. In a 5 round fight.

Yeah really sharp :lol:
Heard the same thing. “If _______ then Connor would of won”. Ahh what? This isn’t basketball or any other sport. Scorecards aside unless it’s a unanimous no brainers, if the fight gets stopped there’s nothing else to talk about. People in here talking about “at least he’s brave for doing it” :rofl:we really going that route now? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Ariel just said they are thinking of having costa and Whittaker on the same card as till and Marv on April 10th abc card

Anyone who refuses to give Colby his due is simply hating because of his schtick. I am not saying you shouldn't feel that way, but there are levels to opinions lol.

Colby is the only threat to Usman at the moment and I honestly don't know where I would put my money if they squared off again. It most likely would go to Usman, but it is a toss-up in my opinion. Colby can certainly burn in hell, but dude is the real deal in the octagon. He wins that first fight without the jaw. But the jaw happened and he lost so it is a moot point.

There is only one fight to make from a competitive sense and that is Colby. I don't want to watch Jorge at all but I would understand if he go the call from Dana.

While they’ve both made improvements in their striking (Usman more so IMO) Colby just doesn’t have the power necessary to beat Usman. He’ll walk through Colby’s pillow fists again and might even get an earlier stoppage this time.

While they’ve both made improvements in their striking (Usman more so IMO) Colby just doesn’t have the power necessary to beat Usman. He’ll walk through Colby’s pillow fists again and might even get an earlier stoppage this time.

doesnt need power, just needs to hit him with the right combination to change the tide

gil had the tide on his side until usman caught him, it was all over after that

this is the truth right here,

yeah we all get that it didnt go to a decision and was an actual stoppage, but no one is in denial about that, we're talking about everything that happened up until that point, some people are trying to act like none of that matters, it all matters,

usman was getting lit up

Last edited:
Don’t know why people keep saying the hate on Colby is because of his character. That’s all besides the point. He was not in a winning position to beat usman and has since never positioned himself to look like he would be. His broken jaw sat his but out for almost a year while usman just beat a true #1 contender talent. Where’s the hate in those facts? You wanna call out the scorecard? Go ahead, Colby still wasn’t winning on those. Again, facts

If you wanna fall on “well if if if if if......... then he could of won” go ahead and apply that to every fight ever

Last edited:
Chad Mendes was giving Conor that work. He should get a rematch too.

I don’t know when the rules changed. But when you finish a guy that’s it!

I feel like there are two arguments. One in which, Usman won. So it doesn’t matter what occurred prior to because the outcome was Usman had a stoppage on Covington.

Whereas the other side is arguing, Covington was engaged in a close fight up until his jaw broke and he was TKO’d.

We’ve watched Usman fight since 2012 or whatever. And he hasn’t really been in a close fight besides the Covington fight.

So Stipe should've never gotten a rematch with DC and vice versa? Cain should've never gotten a rematch with JDS? GSP Matt Serra? Where do we stop?

So, no Convington because he got stopped. No Masvidal because its going to be exactly the same. No Leon because he hasn't fought in 2 years. We going with Wonderboy vs Usman? Chiesa?

Defending Champions always get a pass.

This is how it's always been. You get stopped, you don't get a rematch. I don't care how you looked before you got stopped. You were the challenger and the champion retained.

Again if it was a decision, like Masdival, how he looked during the course of the fight would hold more weight. But whatever Colby was doing, Usman figured out thus the stoppage.

Chad Mendes got finished in the second round lol

Anywho I don't really care who gets the next title shot with Usman. I just want Leon Edwards to get a fair shake at some point

https://sports.yahoo.com/espn-respo...eporter-ariel-helwani-a-douche-235240339.html

Not getting into politics but you can't on one hand fire Carano from a Disney/Star Wars show but then on the other hand allow a "partner" criticize one of your journalists.

It's crazy how the UFC muffles the first amendment and the fourth estate.

If it weren't for Bloody Elbow, that one journalist that is fixated on Ali, etc, we'd never know all the bs.

Back
Top Bottom