The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Just read that Jon Jones moving up to heavyweight. Not sure if I’m excited anymore to see that after his last couple fights

Why is masvidal in the conversation again? Was it because he took the fight in short notice? Rather see that corny *** colby gets wash again

Usman probably sees Masvidal as an easy fight while being his biggest pay day. That ppv was one of the highest selling last year. Don't really see it going any differently tho.

Really want to see Usman/Rocky next. Still think he has the best chance of beating Usman. .

Hilarious seeing Jorge's manager on social media after Usmans call out. Man's trynna repair Jorge's imag ASAP.

The fact that Masvidal didn’t have a full camp makes you wonder. I still think Usman wins but it’s a fight I’ll pay for.

Masvidal was probably training anyway, I doubt he was lying on the beach eating a cubano

colby probably the only "competitive" match up but i think it goes the same way
for ****s and giggles, dana could have nick diaz just to draw some fans in :lol:

I’d rather see Colby vs Jose. I would like to see something new although i would not mind Colby get a rematch

Usman already cleared out that division, there's no one interesting for him to fight that isn't a rematch and even those he won decisively the first time. Wonderboy would make some sense in terms of the rankings but Usman is a terrible matchup for him. The only intriguing matchup is if Khamzat beats Edwards.

Usman probably sees Masvidal as an easy fight while being his biggest pay day. That ppv was one of the highest selling last year. Don't really see it going any differently tho.

Really want to see Usman/Rocky next. Still think he has the best chance of beating Usman. .

Hilarious seeing Jorge's manager on social media after Usmans call out. Man's trynna repair Jorge's imag ASAP.

This was my immediate thought. Usman knows Masvidal is the biggest pay day AND easiest fight. No reason to not already start cutting promo footage for part 2 now.

How come no one has mentioned WB?

I think his inactivity and the Pettis loss have sort of lowered his stock?

The only folks out of the top ten Usman hasn’t beat is WB, Chiesa, Luque and Magny.

Covington, Edwards and Masvidal are all rematches. Masvidal seems like highest reward vs risk.

I think it’s still early to crown him WW GOAT or JBJ like.

GSP had 9 title defenses(11 total).

Jon was spectacular and dominating during his first title run. Except for the Gustafson fight which he admitted he didn’t prepare properly for, Jon looked invincible.

Colby was neck and neck with him until his jaw broke.

Commentary straight trash for the main. Only time Usman looked hurt was after the shot behind the ear in the beginning.

Man Usmans jab was just beautiful. Stopping Burns rhythm every single time and being able to switch stances and still throw with so much power.

Usman looked vulnerable. I dont think that was the best performance from him. I went into last night thinking MAGA wouldn't sniff his jock going forward but I don't know after last night. Usman still wins, but he can be touched pretty seriously.

Usman looked vulnerable. I dont think that was the best performance from him. I went into last night thinking MAGA wouldn't sniff his jock going forward but I don't know after last night. Usman still wins, but he can be touched pretty seriously.

I saw the contrary. I saw that Usman can be seriously hurt and still manage to keep composure and find a way to win. It's easy to look good when your ahead but the true champions can come back from the deep waters to shine. Same way Adesanya looked in that 5th round against Gastelum. You can't learn that **** you either have it or you don't.

Last edited:
Yeah exactly, I wouldn't characterize Usman as "vulnerable". Though if Colby fights him again it'll probably be another war

Don't quite know what to make of a possible Leon Edwards rematch

But last night Usman performed like a champion, whether it was his best performance or not is besides the point. It certainly wasn't a poor or average performance

Or Colby may make adjustments. That’s probably the best rematch to make from a competitive standpoint. Also the most gratifying if Usman wins lol

I can see giving Masvidal a full camp. But honestly I still got Usman.

I don’t see why masvidal gets the immediate rematch when Colby was dead even with Usman on the score card going into the final round

at the end of the day money talks I guess

Back
Top Bottom