The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I'm not going in with super high hopes for Yoel and Rumble.

Yoel is moving up a weight class, he's gonna be two weeks shy of 44 years old at the time of the fight, and he's already had issues with inactivity in fights, whether it was strategy/being gunshy (Izzy) or just gassing and taking rounds off.

Also Rumble ain't Robert Whittaker or even Costa, and I think Yoel knows that. If I had to bet I'd say it's gonna be alot more cat and mouse than slugfest unless Rumble comes in aggressive. And Rumble has had a 4 year long layoff so who knows what level he's at now too.

I'm definitely watching but I'm definitely lowering my expectations too.

Couldnt risk one of them losing in the first round and losing the matchup. Probably the most anticipated fight regardless of what other matchups come from the bracket.
That is a good point. Who knows where Rumble is with his fighting and Yoel might just stand there like the Izzy fight. Have them fight early rather them possibly lose to someone else in the early bracket.

UFC 259 is less than a month out! Look forward to seeing how Izzy looks at 205 (no homo lol) and if his shots still hold the same powers against a big guy like Jan.

Finally listened to the Nate interview. idk why I was expecting anything different :rofl: dude is comedy

AJ Mckee saying he wants to take Pitbull's belt at 45 and then take his belt at 55. I didn't even think of that lol

Nemkov should go up to Heavyweight and beat Bader again to become champ champ too

Not a bad thing for Glover to be ready

And also, Sandhagen has the aura. That hunger is evident I think he's on his way to getting that belt. His interview with Ariel was low-key intense

You just see these certain talented fighters who combine that with 100% laser focus on being champ it's almost like a forgone conclusion. Conor, Izzy, TJ, Khabib, Max etc. You look back at these guys interviews/prep before on the way to getting the belt you just notice that glow. Notice how they aren't distracted by anything else

Sandhagen has that beaming from him right now. It's been said he never parties or does anything but train. He told Ariel he has been reading Military strategy books ever since his L to Sterling. Reached out to his Military friends and everything

Sandhagen vs TJ five rounds, sign me up.

That 259 card is so damn stacked
Oh my god. I just looked at 259, you are speaking 100% facts. That might be one of the most loaded cards I've seen in a long time

I'm shocked they would put all these names on there together

It's insane how far she's fell

“Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future,” a Lucasfilm spokesperson said in a statement (via Variety.com). “Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable.”

Most recently the fighter turned actress took to Instagram where she shared a post comparing contemporary political differences to the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany.

“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children,” Carano wrote Instagram. “Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views.” Gina Carana shared, which was a post that originated on a different Instagram account.

i wish the pink goof would just let the division move on, this like the 4th time they've met in the past month.

Khabib not coming back

Only a matter of time before they announce dustin vs conor part 3 for the belt

1613139999774.png

As previously stated, it's a cold game.

After my second amateur fight I was flying high. It was a war we both ate some damage but no one got KOed. The doc asks you questions as soon as you walk out the ring I Remebered everything. No real damage just my ego was hurt I lost a desicion other then that I felt fine. Went to get some wings with the boys right after . The next morning I woke up the whole room was spinning like crazy and I was still lying down. Some scary ****. Went on and off like that for a few months. As soon as I started feeling good I'd go to BJJ class and the spinning would hit me hard in the middle of a roll. All in all it took me about 6 or 7 month to be able to get back to full training. Looking back I probably rushed getting back in the room. Not being able to train was the worst.

After a fight even when you win with no damage you have to take a week or two off and test the waters before letting loose. Hindsight is 20/20 lol.

On a side note, never mind cocaine, fighting another trained athlete that wants to end you is a hell of a drug. No other feeling comes close.

Back
Top Bottom