The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Was hard to watch those main events over the weekend, really hope that is the last we see of edgar and overeem.

Everyone in here taking Usman?
You never know with MMA but I feel like if Burns doesn’t knock him out by round 2...Usman wins. Dudes got incredible heart and cardio. Burns is bjj but he hasn’t submitted anyone at 170.

If Burns wins this bout I highly doubt he could beat Usman two out of three.

Last edited:
I got burns.

training partners fighting always turns out to be a [euro accent] cracker![/euro accent]😂

Didn’t realize KG was fighting as well, he need this one to get back on track bad. Big fan.

Watched the first embedded.

I swore KG was flossing on the gram before that Izzy fight. Now it look like he training out of his garage in a small home.

Was hard to watch those main events over the weekend, really hope that is the last we see of edgar and overeem.

Everyone in here taking Usman?

Seems fighters needed to get ko’ed or lose badly 3-4 times in a row before they consider retiring.

Rooting for Burns. No interest in watching a fighter nicknamed nyquil.

Usman 5 round UD :smokin

Hard 1st round for him but then he will as usual make it look easy the rest of the way. Love how Trevor said he didn't change anything for Usman cause he's a champion already but just tweaked his footwork and helped him understand his range and angles. If he frustrates Burns enough I could even see a late stoppage.

Im missing something in this fight. I dont see why so many ppl are picking Burns.... I get it they used to train together and hes this jitsu wonderkin.... but

Hes going to take Usman down or were jus betting hell be able to catch him with something off his back?

Would be his very first submission at 170....

I dunno man i think Usman dominates him tbh. Lookin back at Gs last 7 or 8 fights.... im no Kevin Lee but I see holes. Haha

Prazeres who is 5'6 and granted missed weight and it was at 55.... *****ed him around a bit. Im betting 6 years ago Gil used to sub Usman reguarly in practice... in 2021 in an MMA fight... he gets bullied like everyone else

Im missing something in this fight. I dont see why so many ppl are picking Burns.... I get it they used to train together and hes this jitsu wonderkin.... but

Hes going to take Usman down or were jus betting hell be able to catch him with something off his back?

Would be his very first submission at 170....

I dunno man i think Usman dominates him tbh. Lookin back at Gs last 7 or 8 fights.... im no Kevin Lee but I see holes. Haha

Prazeres who is 5'6 and granted missed weight and it was at 55.... *****ed him around a bit. Im betting 6 years ago Gil used to sub Usman reguarly in practice... in 2021 in an MMA fight... he gets bullied like everyone else
Burns is dangerous with his hands but yeah if he gets controlled on the ground then there it goes

If burns starts trading with him usman takes hits itll test his chin

Looking forward to Pitbull/Sanchez II and Rumble/Romero in April. Just sucks we won't get to see McKee again until June tentatively.

*Bellator also making the move to Showtime, this is about their third move in less years it seems (Paramount to CBS Sports to now Showtime).

Last edited:
So they put the champ in the tournament? There can possibly be 3 new champs before the tournament is over. Crazy

Yup they did the same thing with Rory in the WW tournament and he retained until losing to Lima.

that’s so weird to me. You would think they would hold the champ out and let him fight the winner of the tournament but I guess I could see why you wouldn’t want to hold your champ out that long. Especially since he can’t move up for the hw strap since bader is in it too.

Love how they put the champs in the tournaments. Makes it waaaay more interesting. Wonder what the brackets are. Corey Anderson got to be feeling some type of way if hes on the same side as Yoel/Rumble :lol:

Being on Showtime is a lot better than CBS sports or whatever hidden channel they were on. It'll give that "big fight feel" to the fights.

Love how they put the champs in the tournaments. Makes it waaaay more interesting. Wonder what the brackets are. Corey Anderson got to be feeling some type of way if hes on the same side as Yoel/Rumble :lol:

Being on Showtime is a lot better than CBS sports or whatever hidden channel they were on. It'll give that "big fight feel" to the fights.
bellator-light-heavyweight-grand-prix-bracket.jpg

Yoel vs Rumble is a great fight but seems like a waste of a matchup in the first round

Couldnt risk one of them losing in the first round and losing the matchup. Probably the most anticipated fight regardless of what other matchups come from the bracket.

Back
Top Bottom