The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Can not wait for the main event tonight

Feel bad for Leon at this point, really hope Colby takes the fight but I doubt it.

Nobody wants to go to the yard with yardie.

Leon needs that cage time though. Dude has been of for so long. I hope Colby does step up and take the fight. He wants “Street Judas” because he knows he’ll get an easy win and a huge payday. The best fight to make would be Edwards and Covington. Burns can fight Masvidal.

I think it’s pretty disrespectful that it’s not the other way around with Stipe fighting the winner of Jones and Ngannu.

What Stipe has accomplished at heavyweight with the most title defenses and beating another goat in DC 2/3 and already beating Ngannu. But Jones gets the benefit of facing the winner of Stipe/Ngannu for the belt?

Jones and Ngannu need to prove themselves to fight Stipe not the other way around. To stack the cards against Stipe who has earned it more than anyone else in the division he owns is bogus.

I think it’s pretty disrespectful that it’s not the other way around with Stipe fighting the winner of Jones and Ngannu.

What's funny about that is Ngannu and Jones were campaigning for that fight too but UFC wasn't trying to pay them accordingly for it smh. Would've kept the HW division moving and give Stipe enough time to recover from the DC fight. Now we got a lot jam at the top with contenders that'll have to fight another 2-3x, just cause the title path won't be clear til 2022.

That + money looking real nice for Stipe against Ngannu. Crazy they got him as the underdog. Should be a pick em at most.

What Stipe has accomplished at heavyweight with the most title defenses and beating another goat in DC 2/3 and already beating Ngannu. But Jones gets the benefit of facing the winner of Stipe/Ngannu for the belt?

Jones and Ngannu need to prove themselves to fight Stipe not the other way around. To stack the cards against Stipe who has earned it more than anyone else in the division he owns is bogus.

I don't really agree with this. Francis has fully earned his title shot. He deserves to fight Stipe and has done more than enough to prove himself. I don't think anyone's stacking the cards against Stipe. He's the champ, he should fight the best contenders

Francis shouldn't have to fight Jones or anyone else next, only Stipe

As for Jones- he's the best to ever do it so I can't really be mad at any decisions based around that. At least he isn't cutting Francis in line, I don't really see it as a log jam tbh either. Blades is probably the one who's getting screwed if anything

I don't really agree with this. Francis has fully earned his title shot. He deserves to fight Stipe and has done more than enough to prove himself. I don't think anyone's stacking the cards against Stipe. He's the champ, he should fight the best contenders

Francis shouldn't have to fight Jones or anyone else next, only Stipe

As for Jones- he's the best to ever do it so I can't really be mad at any decisions based around that. At least he isn't cutting Francis in line, I don't really see it as a log jam tbh either. Blades is probably the one who's getting screwed if anything

fair points. It’s not that I don’t think Ngannu deserves it. It’s just a unique situation of Jones being thrown in the mix. Stipe has fought all the best contenders and will do so regardless. if it was Jones/Ngannu first, Stipe would be fighting the confirmed best contender like he has been. I understand Jon Jones is Jon Jones. But this is Stipe’s division. It’s not someone’s who has zero fights in the division his entire career. He shouldn’t get to wait around and see how the dominoes fall as if he’s the champion. Especially considering what Stipe just accomplished.

in most cases I don’t think I’d care. But this doesn’t make sense to me.

Watching the last Embedded, Kelvin Gastelum was listening to Ordinary Life by The Weeknd during his weight cut

Alright, I just became a fan of dude

xotwod

I never knew this about Ian Heinisch

He went on to wrestle at North Idaho College but dropped out of school and started selling ecstasy pills to keep up with his lifestyle after his parents lost their house and got divorced. He was arrested for selling 2,000 ecstasy pills and headed to Amsterdam to avoid a jail sentence after meeting bail. He ended up working in a bar in Spain and sleeping on the beach for three months.

Not long after Heinisch started drug tracking from South America to Spain and got caught on one of his trips when a Spanish immigration officer found one kilo of cocaine on him. Heinisch ended up in prison at Canary Islands. He taught himself how to speak Spanish by reading a Spanish bible with an English dictionary and taking up boxing.

After he finished serving his prison sentence in Spain, Heinisch flew back to New York where he was apprehended upon re-entry to United States for fleeing the country back in 2009. He turned his life around after finishing his sentence at Rikers Island in the United States and pursued an MMA career.[6]
[7]

Back
Top Bottom