The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I mean cmon. If you cheat you cheat. You “do your time” as punishment but it’s more to it than that and that doesn’t need an explanation, just logical thinking. Don’t get what’s so hard to believe and understand.

That’s not hating, that’s the reality :lol:

Last edited:
Cyborg really trying to say Amanda isn’t better than her because she has 4 losses and Cyborg only has 2? B.... you just got faceplant KOed worse than Rousey. The press should have told her she was only dominant because of PEDs.

Everybody has overrated Cyborg forever, her stand up isn’t good. She is wild and powerful. Jorina Barrs exposes how bad Cyborg’s stand up is when they fought Muay Thai way back.

Cyborg needs to stop drinking her own kool-aid and pound a cup of that Jonestown kool-aid.

This thread is hilarious.

Jon Jones is the reason why DC became champ on two occasions.

He committed a hit and run on old girl. Then he popped twice for PEDs.

During JBJ’s absence, DC beat Rumble twice, Gustafson, Ozdemir, etc. He has the proper claim to being the champ.

The not the real champ argument...Khabib wasn’t the real champ until he beat Conor (or Tony).

And RE: Cyborg. She had a good run. But she never faced any truly legit competition outside Holly Holm. Amanda during her current run has beaten Valentina 2X, Tate, Rousey, Pennington and Cyborg. Hopefully, she returns to fight soon. I’d like to see her fight Anderson (FW) or Holmes (BW). And hopefully Dana and the UFC machine get behind her. It really is criminal how they under promote her.

But let’s be real. Women’s MMA is still nascent. The level of competition isn’t at the level of men’s skill wise. The talent level in a division is another factor. It’s why I think LHW and HW are trash. FW has no talent outside of Cyborg.

Seems like Gus was never in it ... Give me the NT summary ...
“Bones” won the first two rounds comfortably. His camp was a lot smarter about defending against Gus’s hands. Jackson Wink clearly dissected the tape from their first fight to develop a clear, effective strategy to negate Alex’s boxing. That was the story last time, people were surprised how much Jones got tagged over the opening three rounds.

Jones was much better this time creating distance and utilizing his sizeable reach advantage. Gus was thrown off and out of sync measuring range. He was hesitant to let his hands go and offered no volume.

Offensively, “Bones” mixed in takedown attempts well. I felt his goal was not actually to put Alex in his back, but rather to perplex Gus with level changes. Jones also consciously chopped down Gus’s lead leg with powerful kicks. That stymied all of Alex’s movement, which is a key element to his successful boxing. Alex was moving gingerly by R2.

Jones sensed that in R3, followed it up with an easy takedown. Gus offered little resistance on the ground to fight back to his feet. Jon showed off his wrestling/grappling to take Gus’s back and finished him with mean G&P to the left side of Alex’s head as he turtled up defenselessly.

Props to Amanda but cyriod was not even a moving target and to those who say cyroid didn’t follow the game plan I’ll have to assume you’ve never watched her fight. That’s loterally what she does all the time. She moves forward only. She looked gassed since yesterday. Testing clean was the only fight she wanted to win
Disagree. Cyborg has fought way more patiently the last few fights. Her coach has drilled that into her. Last night was old cyborg but the difference here was that she was fighting an equal, at worst.

Last edited:
Roids destoryed their legacy. Are you serious :lol:
Temporarily when it comes to Hall of Fame voting and these so called purists columnist. They are still in the greatest of all time. FOH

Even people in the industry are coming around and talking about their greatness.

**** look at bumb *** McGuire ....

Just because their name came to light and people that casually followed got outrage doesnt mean ****. Plenty of dudes juicing before hand. Ask Canseco.

jones and DC got doods TIGHT in here lol

I like em both ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean who isnt Jones ***** lol

DC is a bad boy thats no doubt

there is going to be so many double and eventually TRIPLE champs in the sport (like boxing eventually) the only one that is going to matter is the FIRST
NS9O.gif

This thread is hilarious.

Jon Jones is the reason why DC became champ on two occasions.

He committed a hit and run on old girl. Then he popped twice for PEDs.

During JBJ’s absence, DC beat Rumble twice, Gustafson, Ozdemir, etc. He has the proper claim to being the champ.

The not the real champ argument...Khabib wasn’t the real champ until he beat Conor (or Tony).

And RE: Cyborg. She had a good run. But she never faced any truly legit competition outside Holly Holm. Amanda during her current run has beaten Valentina 2X, Tate, Rousey, Pennington and Cyborg. Hopefully, she returns to fight soon. I’d like to see her fight Anderson (FW) or Holmes (BW). And hopefully Dana and the UFC machine get behind her. It really is criminal how they under promote her.

But let’s be real. Women’s MMA is still nascent. The level of competition isn’t at the level of men’s skill wise. The talent level in a division is another factor. It’s why I think LHW and HW are trash. FW has no talent outside of Cyborg.

the buildup to the nunes/ronda fight, they had nunes do all the media appearances as she was on espn, fox, etc. but the ufc programming all promoted it as rousey's return.
i think it was ariel who mentioned that cyborg's contract is up in march 2019. not sure if they can sneak in another fight before then. are they willing to pay her? will the ufc make an effort to build the 145 division or would it be a complete waste of time and money? is there even interest? we all saw what the ppv buys when nunes/pennington headlined

cyborg threw out all kind of technique and wanted to throw and see who was going to land first :lol:

:lol:

tainted supplement bruh, no one's roided up :tongue::lol:
Dudes over here with the pick and choose BS.

Look at Canelo my dude.

They trying to clean up a sport that always have had some problems. Abused by all and making Jones the fall guy.

Dudes talking about Jones being coked up by look at the countless dude suspended for Marijuana.

Look at how marijuana being illegal all these years and now on the verge of being federally legalized. Dudes over here getting smoked blown .... miss me.

the buildup to the nunes/ronda fight, they had nunes do all the media appearances as she was on espn, fox, etc. but the ufc programming all promoted it as rousey's return.
i think it was ariel who mentioned that cyborg's contract is up in march 2019. not sure if they can sneak in another fight before then. are they willing to pay her? will the ufc make an effort to build the 145 division or would it be a complete waste of time and money? is there even interest? we all saw what the ppv buys when nunes/pennington headlined

cyborg threw out all kind of technique and wanted to throw and see who was going to land first :lol:

Even though Amanda May have done promotional tours for the Rousey fight. Their fight was still billed as the return of Ronda Rousey. That was the focus. Ronda’s back, instead of highlighting Amanda beat Valentina, Tate, her Brazilian background, and capitalizing on her sexual orientation.

After the fight, they didn’t capitalize on it. JJ, Thug Rose, Paige and Cyborg got more shine.

Hopefully, they can recognize she can be a headliner (not really) and start singing her accolades to better promote her fights and cards.

Hopefully, one of the byproducts of the ESPN deal is better promotion. Take the NBA approach, e.g. Greek Freak, Harden, Westbrook, Lebron, Curry, KD, Anthony Davis, etc.

It pays dividends. Probably why no one buys the Reebok gear.

Interesting point because if you think about it, I could see members of the LGBT community rocking a Nunes Reebok shirt more than I can see the average dude rocking one for their favorite fighter.

I wonder if they have her at the Pride parades etc.

In the music biz we have a thing called “lifestyle marketing” which is basically focused on the LGBT community. Many would say that’s where Lady Gaga broke.

they could've easily promoted her after the rousey win
dana even ripped into her for pulling out of 213, which was typical dana BS

sadly, ufc isnt going to create many stars with dana still running things. he holds them back with his grudges (ie woodley)
they got wme and now espn, the sport should be bigger than just conor

Interesting point because if you think about it, I could see members of the LGBT community rocking a Nunes Reebok shirt more than I can see the average dude rocking one for their favorite fighter.

In the music biz we have a thing called “lifestyle marketing” which is basically focused on the LGBT community. Many would say that’s where Lady Gaga broke.

Bro, in a past life, I was a communications major. I’ve done reporting, photography, editing/desktop publishing and marketing/community relations, so UFC’s poor promotion engine vexes me. There are instagram models and YouTube personalities with better skills than their promotional department.

Max, Khabib, Amanda, Jon (he’s popular but he’s literally the Michael Jordan of MMA in a way), DC, Stipe, Aldo, TJ, DJ, Codi, Henry C, Pettis (he’s like JBJ in that they didn’t capitalize), Woodley, etc. They have a great roster of talent, highlight reels, interesting personalities. They just don’t spend the time or money to promote it.

It has always been about the organization with some rare exceptions like Brock, GSP, Rousey, Conor.

Temporarily when it comes to Hall of Fame voting and these so called purists columnist. They are still in the greatest of all time. FOH

Even people in the industry are coming around and talking about their greatness.

**** look at bumb *** McGuire ....

Just because their name came to light and people that casually followed got outrage doesnt mean ****. Plenty of dudes juicing before hand. Ask Canseco.
Dude their names are synonymous with cheating, that’s the fact :lol: All talks about them coincide with “can you forget about _____” to everyone. “Maybe in the beginning” NO 100% fact YES when news broke they were a laughingstock. Bonds himself out there crying on camera. We get that y’all ride hard for jones but the facts are facts. What “people in the industry” are you even talking about? Who or how many need to “care” to make the facts go away? Now you bring in Canelo? Dude who’s in a sport that is currently a laughing stock at the top level? Nobody is bringing him up becuase it’s the mma thread.

Again the “everyone does it” defense is null and void becuase NO that’s not the case. If it was they’d all piss hot too.

Just eat the fact that cheaters are marked for life. Doesn’t mean you can’t like them but there’s no negating the cheating. It’s there for life astrics or not..... put them in your own personal diary

Last edited:
they could've easily promoted her after the rousey win
dana even ripped into her for pulling out of 213, which was typical dana BS

sadly, ufc isnt going to create many stars with dana still running things. he holds them back with his grudges (ie woodley)
they got wme and now espn, the sport should be bigger than just conor
Point blank she doesn’t have the “look” Dana and the ufc wants. They tried to push Barbie doll girl hard but she was too trash

I was just going to say something and the Diaz brothers present an interesting example of it.

They never marketed them. But they are stars.

To the point where they decide who they fight, when they fight, and how much they fight for. Or they just don’t fight and make money elsewhere.

And my guess is the powers that be at the UFC don’t like that.

So you “make” a Star, then that star starts expecting to be compensated accordingly. And starts being able to dictate their terms to a certain extent. Conor asking for shares etc.

Floyd was going to be my original example. He got himself to a point where he doesn’t need promoters or organizations to fight.

^conor got the diaz bros to wise up and not take just any fight
nate was a workhorse for the ufc for a lot of yrs on his deal
nick had solid ppv buys and did well when he headlined
helps that they can now make money elsewhere and dont live that expensive lifestyle where they need to fight for a paycheck

dana prob hates it because he cant lowball them

Dana doesn't really **** with any of his "stars" that he can't control. Conor might be the only exception.

In regards to Nunes tho, this chick beat Miesha Tate (3 minutes & 16 seconds), Ronda Rousey (48 seconds) and Cris Cyborg (51 seconds) in less than 5 minutes total. Damn. Yeah they gotta find a way to market her better.

Dude their names are synonymous with cheating, that’s the fact :lol: All talks about them coincide with “can you forget about _____” to everyone. We get that y’all ride hard for jones but the facts are facts. What “people in the industry” are you even talking about? Who or how many need to “care” to make the facts go away? Now you bring in Canelo? Dude who’s in a sport that is currently a laughing stock at the top level? Nobody is bringing him up becuase it’s the mma thread.

Again the “everyone does it” defense is null and void becuase NO that’s not the case. If it was they’d all piss hit too.

Just eat the fact that cheaters are marked for life. Doesn’t mean you can’t like them but there’s no negating the cheating. It’s there for life astrics or not..... put them in your own personal diary
You're delusional.... how can that be a fact when the answer varies depending who you ask? LoL I think you need a crash course on what facts means.

No need to argue ....

Barry bond = cheating. LoL

Funny PED wasnt an issue when McGuire was breaking records. Let a black man break a record and all hell breaks loose.

FOH .....

In regards Jones, he tested positive for what the 1st fight?

I'm good though ....

Question. When did bonds fail a drug test while playing? When was he convicted of taking PED?

Where's his conviction for "lying" when he said no to taking PED? Those are facts ....

BTW, Bonds is one of the biggest jerk I have ever seen.

As a baseball player, arguably the greatest I have ever seen.

Rainbow belt shorts would be lit

But Dana white republicans *** ain't trying to f with that

Back
Top Bottom