The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I tend to agree with you except that I don't believe Pettis looked all that great either and the while the fight had blood, I didn't enjoy it as much as it seems like everyone else did

They both looked off. Pettis looked a bit long in the tooth, a bit slow, plodding and not too crisp. Tony looked like he had ring rust and coming off a major knee injury

Difference is I have a lot of faith that Tony can get back to at least 80-90% of his old self which is still a top 3-4 LW in the world
You make valid points. I did enjoy it but will agree both looked sloppy (for lack of better word). However, I had that 1-1 going into the 3rd.. barring a broken hand, Tony could have very well lost that fight.

You make valid points. I did enjoy it but will agree both looked sloppy (for lack of better word). However, I had that 1-1 going into the 3rd.. barring a broken hand, Tony could have very well lost that fight.

nahhhhh pettis wanted out of there, cant finish someone you dont want to be in there with.

Reactions: OTG
nahhhhh pettis wanted out of there, cant finish someone you dont want to be in there with.
true, pettis has checked out of fights before and it looked to be only a matter of time. prior to the stoppage he couldn't keep up with tony's output at all and seemed content with backing straight into the fence to get wailed on.

Thought this google trends on Khabib was pretty interesting

FCA55C25-4808-4E41-9A72-B9B5C741B48E.jpeg

I’ve been seeing him all over my social media, even from people I would have never guessed watch MMA. And hearing people still talk about his beatdown of Conor.

For someone who wasn’t considered marketable a few days ago he seems to be captivating people. The counterpoint could be that he just piggybacked Conor’s fame for one fight and will be forgotten by the mainstream, but maybe this dude’s dedicated code of honor and beating down his exact opposite is something refreshing that resonates with people. You don’t really see his throwback personal style from athletes in 2018. It took for someone from an unknown corner of the earth to bring that sense back.

Anyone going to the bellator event this saturday? Would be cool to see Fedor fight in person.

looking to get into bjj, anyone know any good academies in NJ/NY?

like af1 1982 said, Renzo and Marcelo are the top 2 schools. But there are some other good BJJ schools in the city (Sholin BJJ, Unity BJJ, ClockWork BJJ, etc). there are also a bunch in Brooklyn, Queens, bronx, etc. best thing to do is drop by each school for trial classes and see which school fits you the best. PM if you need names of more schools in different boroughs.

looking to get into bjj, anyone know any good academies in NJ/NY?

There are a ton. Really depends on where.

A few of Renzos guys have their own spots in NJ like Ricardo and Tom DeBlass.

Same in NY plus a ton of other academies.

What area in particular are you looking for?

*Throws on Booking Hat if I’m Dana*
Nate beats Dustin which leads to Nate vs. Khabib. Nate beats Khabib which leads to Nate vs. McGOAT 3.

It’ll be like Frazier beating Ali then Foreman beating Frazier followed by Ali beating Foreman.

Kevin Iole article about the parallels between Conor/Khabib and Ali/Frazier:

https://sports.yahoo.com/conor-mcgr...ry-muhammad-ali-vs-joe-frazier-213259935.html

:pimp:

I don't think Aldo has a fight lined up. A win over Nate would put him in the mix at 155 and closer to the McGregor rematch he's been clamoring for. He and Nate match up well IMO.

I suggest checking out whichever spot is closest to you if you're just starting. When you're closer to the gym, it's easier to go more frequently.
There are a couple of gracie gyms by me but I’m never home. I’ll keep looking thank you tho

nate a tough guy but he needs to realize he has 10+ losses for a reason. dude really chasing the big fights now :lol: looking at his old contract, he was really fighting for peanuts

Back
Top Bottom