The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

looking to get into bjj, anyone know any good academies in NJ/NY?
Depends on where you live and how much you want to travel but Silver Fox BJJ should also be a good spot.

I need to make a trip to NY sometime to check out Renzo and Marcelo's gyms

Was really looking forward to that Dustin-Nate scrap. At this point it seems Nate's next fight could be by end of the year or he stays on his current hiatus holding out for a big $ fight. A matchup with him and Aldo would be fireworks and I'd also like to see him take on Gaethje. That UFC On Fox 31 card still needs a headliner...

The bjj place near my house does a free week to try it out. As soon as soccer season is over, i'm thinking of taking my 4 year old son to see if he is into it.

I'd def recommend going to a reputable gym that's closer. Like said above, I like that I can go to class right after work, be home in time for dinner and relax

I don't know how other gyms are set up but mine does a monthly fee and you get unlimited classes of BJJ and Judo. They also recently added kickboxing classes for an extra $30 a month. They brought in one of the best striking coaches in the area

Like most everyone said, go check out different gyms and see which one you like best. I had heard about a gym that was suppose to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I went and checked it out and it was pretty much the Cobra Kai mentality of gyms. I said nope, not as a beginner anyways. Found another gym that was much more suitable for my liking. Great instructor, explained everything in great detail, etc. Just have to decide for yourself.

Considering Chael was able to take Rampage down I'd be surprised if Fedor is able to stop his takedowns. Fedor is long washed as shown in his "draw" to human punching bag Maldonado. Fabio nearly finished him there.

looking to get into bjj, anyone know any good academies in NJ/NY?

Where do you live? There’s bjj schools all over in NYC and all of of them come from a legit lineage. The only knock I’ve ever heard was on Brooklyn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I’ve never trained with them so I don’t know anything first hand...but I believe it’s due to them strictly not competing.

JJ byke, just hope this fight is as competitive as the first and Bones is able to not screw it all up again.

I’m sorry but I don’t care to see JJ anymore. He fights, he gets caught cheating, we see him in a year as if nothing happened. It’s old and a joke at this point.

Nate wins one fight vs a guy who just jumped from 145 to 170 and starts thinking he is good enough to start calling his own shots :smh:

Exactly.

Nate got the biggest W of his career from being a late replacement 9 days out. Shouldn’t you kinda return the favor at this point?

Where do you live? There’s bjj schools all over in NYC and all of of them come from a legit lineage. The only knock I’ve ever heard was on Brooklyn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I’ve never trained with them so I don’t know anything first hand...but I believe it’s due to them strictly not competing.
Newark, i might lowkey look into them. I don't plan on competing.

Nate wins one fight vs a guy who just jumped from 145 to 170 and starts thinking he is good enough to start calling his own shots :smh:

Except the UFC is pretty unconventional when it comes to giving the best fighters the final say like say boxing. It's pretty fan driven and Nate is guaranteed to give the fans a show before, during, and after the fight. Same principle as McGregor commanding all of this ridiculous attention.

Back
Top Bottom