The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Except the UFC is pretty unconventional when it comes to giving the best fighters the final say like say boxing. It's pretty fan driven and Nate is guaranteed to give the fans a show before, during, and after the fight. Same principle as McGregor commanding all of this ridiculous attention.
he is not guaranteed to give the fans a show if he constantly refuses to fight and people move on to fighters that are more talented and more active

he is not guaranteed to give the fans a show if he constantly refuses to fight and people move on to fighters that are more talented and more active

Agreed that he's way too inactive.

But I'm obviously talking about when the fight is signed on :lol:

He'll talk that s****, engage in blood bath, and then talk more s****.

Nate wins one fight vs a guy who just jumped from 145 to 170 and starts thinking he is good enough to start calling his own shots :smh:
It’s not all about being “good”, it’s about whatever you can leverage from a viewership perspective and catching Dana in a vulnerable position to capitalize

Nate might not even need the money nor to fight, so if he was making demands i say good for him

Conor taught a lot of these guys how to try to make their own destiny just by the fundamental action of saying no and demanding what you want. Of course you have to have some skill to go with that and Nate certainly does. He’s actually being smart for once

It’s not all about being “good”, it’s about whatever you can leverage from a viewership perspective and catching Dana in a vulnerable position to capitalize

Nate might not even need the money nor to fight, so if he was making demands i say good for him

Conor taught a lot of these guys how to try to make their own destiny just by the fundamental action of saying no and demanding what you want. Of course you have to have some skill to go with that and Nate certainly does. He’s actually being smart for once
Its one thing to negotiate a better deal/better matchups. But when he's just not fighting at all then all that negotiating just ends up in 0 income from fights during 3 years of his physical prime.

IMO he is happy just sitting on the sideline acting tough and throwing out insults, purposefully only calling out guys like Khabib because he knows that fight will never happen.

Reactions: OTG
Side note...I did not see if this was mentioned earlier, but Sijara is now off the main even at 230. While I like Valentina v JJ, I did want to see Sijara v Valentina, just not as THE main event, but do ya'll think Sijara's now off because of Ali Abdelaziz issues this past Saturday. In the brawl I did see him push and possibly punch some cops.

Where do you live? There’s bjj schools all over in NYC and all of of them come from a legit lineage. The only knock I’ve ever heard was on Brooklyn Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I’ve never trained with them so I don’t know anything first hand...but I believe it’s due to them strictly not competing.

Newark, i might lowkey look into them. I don't plan on competing.

I looked into them a while back. Saw some hit and miss dialogue. Some shadiness with contracts and billing I think.

Not to say that you shouldn't try it. The guys that run it are Black Belts under Renzo.

Do some research though. Be aware of what you're getting into.

One of my (Boxing/MT) gyms started doing BJJ classes so it was easy for me to just go there.

I also do not believe Lewis vs Cormier on 11/3. If I'm not mistaken, whether you win or lose, dont you automatically get 30 day suspension? On top of that, Volkov beat him bad , that should be a medical suspension of another month at least. I think Lewis is a placeholder but that fight won't happen on 11/3.

^not necessarily. if derrick lewis didn't suffer any injuries determined by the doctors and comission, he is good to go. didn't cerrone take a fight two weeks after his first and more recently bisping went over to china to fight gastulem after losing to GSP

^also Lewis got a medical suspension in Vegas, but the Cormier fight is supposed to be in NY, entirely different state commisions.

Most state commissions should follow suit if a fighter has a medical suspension in a different state, but I guess money talks in this case.

And as mentioned before, other guys like Cerrone and Bisping have done it so I guess there's no real reprocussions, besides possibly to Lewis' health.

Its one thing to negotiate a better deal/better matchups. But when he's just not fighting at all then all that negotiating just ends up in 0 income from fights during 3 years of his physical prime.

IMO he is happy just sitting on the sideline acting tough and throwing out insults, purposefully only calling out guys like Khabib because he knows that fight will never happen.
He’s not fighting because perhaps he doesn’t need to? Which again is why he can afford to hold out for what he wants

If you think he’s scared to fight khabib, alright

I’m sorry but I don’t care to see JJ anymore. He fights, he gets caught cheating, we see him in a year as if nothing happened. It’s old and a joke at this point.
tenor.gif

He’s not fighting because perhaps he doesn’t need to? Which again is why he can afford to hold out for what he wants

If you think he’s scared to fight khabib, alright
It’s not that he is scared of khabib, he will def fight him. It just seems like he’s not really interested in fighting so he only gives names that he knows he won’t actually get.

It’s like if someone asks me to do a job that I don’t really want to do, instead of saying no I just give him a quote that’s so high I know he will say no. And if he agrees then that’s awesome for me

It’s not that he is scared of khabib, he will def fight him. It just seems like he’s not really interested in fighting so he only gives names that he knows he won’t actually get.

It’s like if someone asks me to do a job that I don’t really want to do, instead of saying no I just give him a quote that’s so high I know he will say no. And if he agrees then that’s awesome for me
Breh you legit just agreed with me. You ask for the moon because you don’t need anything, and if you get it awesome. That’s exactly what nate is doing

Kevin Lee vs. Al Iaquinta 2 set for UFC on Fox 31 December 15th

Last edited:
Yeah, not mad at Nate for driving a hard bargain. If he got paid what he was rumored to be paid for the 2nd Conor fight then he should never “have” to fight another day in his life. Plus he’s a draw. He can leverage his way into something he might not necessarily deserve at this point, but I’m not mad at him. He’s playing the game

I do want to visit the diaz bjj gym sometime. I can’t really imagine what Nate Diaz would be like when he needs to be encouraging and supportive towards a new white belt.

I’ve only heard good things about the diaz bros when they interact with fans or people they don’t plan on fighting.

I think diaz would stop aldo

aldo has a hard time with taller longer strikers and that chin aint the same

nate can go allllll day and take all the shots, aldo not so much.

Side note...I did not see if this was mentioned earlier, but Sijara is now off the main even at 230. While I like Valentina v JJ, I did want to see Sijara v Valentina, just not as THE main event, but do ya'll think Sijara's now off because of Ali Abdelaziz issues this past Saturday. In the brawl I did see him push and possibly punch some cops.

Nah, she had her shot on that TUF trash heap. Nobody on that show deserved a title fight at 125 considering the number of active 115ers and 135ers that would naturally compete at 125.

Throw in that she couldn’t make weight when she had her shot, is a trash 3-2, and reps team rapist. Yeah, she belongs on Fight Pass prelims at best.

“Khabib fans are attempting to smear me in an attempt to justify his actions,” Danis told ESPN. I have never and would never denigrate anyone’s religion. I look forward to the results of the Nevada Gaming Commission [sic]’s investigation which will reject this bulls*it claim and put the blame where it belongs.”

Back
Top Bottom