The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I am torn about a rematch RIGHT NOW. It is too close to each other, the outcome of the fight will be the same. Ferguson looked great, and seeing that him and Khabib did not do too much damage, the late Dec. card sounds great for them.

Conor should face someone else before Khabib, to get his feet back under him, unlike a Ronda situation.

khabib doesn’t fight during ramadan so even a 6 month suspension might push his next fight to late summer 2019. i’d hope to see him fight even sooner even though he’s not usually a super active fighter.
I highly doubt khabib would have fought within 6 months regardless. Keep in mind he’s fought 3 times in 10 months. I think he’s not super active due to Ramadan as you referenced. I would have expected him to take a year off tbh regardless
The most profitable and smartest fight the UFC can make from a business perspective is a Khabib/Conor rematch. Supposedly breaks live gate and PPV buy records with minimal promotion the first time around, and now with the shenanigans that took place after the fight? A rematch would do 3M buys easy
Hmmmmm. If this card did 2.5 buys I might see 3 million. That’s just such a crazy number for mma I have to see it to believe it lol. I need to see what this card did before predicting but next time around I think they’d need to do more promotion to get it to 3 million

Hmmmmm. If this card did 2.5 buys I might see 3 million. That’s just such a crazy number for mma I have to see it to believe it lol. I need to see what this card did before predicting but next time around I think they’d need to do more promotion to get it to 3 million
Dana needed this bad after the pathetic numbers the Woodley card did :lol:

43504099_2315869948428942_2531007700498644992_n.jpg

if he ends up beating fedor :rofl: mma is such a bizarre sport man
He doesnt get caught in the 5th by Silva and he survives the round vs Jones who has to withdraw due to his broken toe, two small moments away from beating two of the GOATS :lol:

Reactions: OTG
DC vs Lewis is official for 230.

Surprised but not surprised. Should be a fine fight. But DC is going to maul Lewis. Fully expect DC to finish him with that pressure and Lewis' cardio issues

But I thought Fat Boy's hand was too injured when the opponent was supposed to be Bones. What a chump.

Surprised but not surprised. Should be a fine fight. But DC is going to maul Lewis. Fully expect DC to finish him with that pressure and Lewis' cardio issues
Oh em gee! Can't believe DC actually took the fight. The Brock must either be a long way out or Brock not getting cleared anytime soon.

That’s crazy... 1-month turnaround for Lewis. Dude is getting smashed unless he lands another lucky shot

Lewis has to get right back into training camp for a title fight after taking a beating a couple days ago? Yes he won but lets be honest. He was taking some damage.

Also what happened to the Valentina fight? did that get scrapped?

But really with DC's wrestling background, ground and pound, and Lewis' known low gas tank I don't see a way Lewis can win.

i don't get this at all. lewis got his *** kicked for almost 15 minutes and i could've sworn he said he ****** up his finger... way too quick a turnaround for him. we already saw what happened when ngannou got stipe hardly a month after beating overeem.

I though Lewis broke his orbital or some ****, he kept touching his eye during the fight.

Meh fight between dc and Lewis

Don’t care at all about it but if Lewis wins somehow, lol

They’re probably announcing the fight before Lewis agreed to it like they’ve done for Romero vs Paulo lol

Impressive numbers for no promotion. I figured they’d get 2 million but 2.5 is exceptional. If there’s an immediate rematch it’d be interesting to see if they could surpass 2.5, I think it’s definitely possible they could do 3 if those numbers are reported correctly

I see DC stopping lewis in 2-3 rounds, but then again it's a HW fight, so maybe BB flattens DC in one of his clinch attempts.

I highly doubt khabib would have fought within 6 months regardless. Keep in mind he’s fought 3 times in 10 months. I think he’s not super active due to Ramadan as you referenced. I would have expected him to take a year off tbh regardless

True... I wouldn’t underestimate Conor’s following (and even Khabib’s tbh). I honestly think he eclipsed Floyd in terms of popularity and could easily surpass 3M buys with promotion

True... I wouldn’t underestimate Conor’s following (and even Khabib’s tbh). I honestly think he eclipsed Floyd in terms of popularity and could easily surpass 3M buys with promotion
With what the reported numbers are so far of 2.5 buys yeah I do think 3 M is definitely in reach

Back
Top Bottom