The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

“The pay-per-view numbers are starting to roll in, so I’m in a much better mood than I was on Saturday,” White said to TMZ Sports. “We didn’t do 3 million. But it’s so hard to crack 2 million in [combat sports]. Even [Mike] Tyson [vs Evander] Holyfield was at like 1.995 [million]. Things like that didn’t crack 2 million. We’re way over 2 million, so I’m happy.”

I love Jose but he has no one to blame but himself for recklessly lunging at Conor with his chin up.

If he was more discipline, the world could have been spared the **** show that has been Conor MacGregor
**** we can go back even further... if chad mendes had a full camp maybe he could have spared us. :lol:

They will need to build Connor before he fights khabib again. Better believe all the rematches are happening.

Last edited:

what battle did he win?

PPV buys. winning is important, but if he can continuously bank i think that is his ultimate goal
he might have to switch up his trash talking a little bit :lol:

wonder if dana will ever give him that fight in ireland that he wants
didn't jose say he would go over there if he can get a rematch

The UFC is hella lucky that they didn’t book this last fight card in Russia. The entire arena would have joined in on the post fight melee

Conor vs Kevin Lee would be a good matchup to make

Even if casuals dont know who Kevin is he has the energy, personality and trash talking ability to go toe to toe with Conor in press conferences and turn this into a major PPV draw.

Plus, he also has a wrestling background so if Conor wins he can use it as a way to show how he is more prepared for a Khabib rematch

I don’t condone what Khabib did but glad he gave that knock off McGregor the smoke.

Bellator, where’s his second fight? I don’t think he has the upside of Tonnen or Pico.

And winning the battle? How come no one is calling out that the People’s GOAT is 1-3 in his last four combat fights (losses to Khabib, Mayweather and Diaz)?

I said two days ago he needs to take a page out of the GSP/Dillashaw book on how to improve as a martial artist. That game plan by Kavanaugh has Ben suspect the last few fights. Not Edward Tarverdian levels of bad but Conor needs to improve his circle. And he’s a fool to pursue the Khabib fight. I don’t think it’s a bad idea to do the Lee fight as a tune up. But Lee will probably just copy Khabib like he did for Barbosa and maul Conor.

Lol at including mayweather in his recent record

Plenty of people have called out Conor after Saturday’s loss to khabib. And it’s quite shortsighted. Some of y’all are caught up in the moment making all sorts of declarations about him needing to move camps and questioning his resume

Going into the fight it was valid to say that if he beat khabib the convo could start about being one of the goats. Losing to khabib doesn’t invalidate his resume, in fact what some of you are doing are making khabibs enormous win look less impressive than it actually was by trying to downgrade Conor’s caliber

The ufc and Dana are probably going to do whatever Conor wants to do. It would be unfortunate if they skipped Tony or even Dustin (if he wins) in favor of a conor rematch

People will still buy it again and watch, but that’d be a garbage decision that I don’t put below dana. They’ve proved over and over the right fight to make isn’t what they’re interested in

What do you guys think about roufus stopping the fight because pettis broke his hand? Can’t remember seeing a team throw in the towel because of a broken hand. They just keep fighting.

To me it felt like Pettis wanted out. Now he can look at the fight like he didn’t really lose

He looked ok but also tony obviously is not back to his usual self. If Pettis fought a prime tony i don’t think it even looks that close

To me it felt like Pettis wanted out. Now he can look at the fight like he didn’t really lose

He looked ok but also tony obviously is not back to his usual self. If Pettis fought a prime tony i don’t think it even looks that close

Yea it looks like Pettis is glad he is that broken hand excuse in his back pocket

I don't see anything wrong with Pettis wanting out because of the broken hand. Look what happened with Max Holloway when he broke his hand against him

No reason to take unnecessary damage. They both looked good but Tony's pressure is just insane. Let's not forget Pettis was pretty close to TKOing Tony

Back
Top Bottom