The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

conor had zero chance of winning that fight he lost by a huge margin even if he rematches he got rocked standing up and he got dominated on the ground. khabib had a game plan executed it perfectly and styled on him while at it.

Can someone explain to the semi-casual UFC fan (me) why can't make the necessary changes i.e. the Nate 2 fights use of the low kick early to knock Khabib off?

I understand Khabib is world class grappler but where theres a will theres a way you know lol

Can someone explain to the semi-casual UFC fan (me) why can't make the necessary changes i.e. the Nate 2 fights use of the low kick early to knock Khabib off?

I understand Khabib is world class grappler but where theres a will theres a way you know lol
The leg kicks were an effective counter to Nate's style because he has a wide and narrow boxing stance, meaning that he is heavy on his front leg leaving it open to be kicked (if his weight is on his back foot it is quicker for him to lift his front leg up to check the kicks). With the Nate fights the story going into the second fight was always how he was training hard to fix his cardio problem because he was doing well in the first fight until he gassed out. With Khabib it wasnt a cardio issue since he was all over him from the first minute of the fight. So when it comes to the technical issue of countering Khabib, there is just too large of a gap for him to make up for by the time a rematch could possibly happen.

Conor's best shot at winning a rematch is taking better advantage of khabib's occasional willingness to trade shots standing. Although even then, Khabib rarely over commits and when he does he is dipping his head out of the way of possible damage.

Sad to say but the only way he'll win the rematch is if khabib made a mistake and decided to trade punches with him for too long..

100% khabib will stay on the gameplan tho. He's not that stupid.

I do think it's still a cardio issue. That pressure is just too much especially if the gameplan is to wait in the late rounds till khabib slows down. That's why I think Tony beats khabib

The guy is just a freak when it comes to grappling. Like could probably hold his own with guys at 170 and 185 in terms of grappling. And he's been doing it all his life.

Unlike Conor, people at 155 who have been grappling all their life probably don't stand a chance. How is some who's not really a grappler supposed to stand a chance.

Insert bear wrestling video

Well looks like Conor is begging Dana and co for a rematch. Really hoping they at least force him to take another fight and we get Khabib-Ferg.

Sad to say but the only way he'll win the rematch is if khabib made a mistake and decided to trade punches with him for too long..

100% khabib will stay on the gameplan tho. He's not that stupid.

I do think it's still a cardio issue. That pressure is just too much especially if the gameplan is to wait in the late rounds till khabib slows down. That's why I think Tony beats khabib

Definitely a cardio issue. In the third round where they were trading punches, Connor had him fir a moment but Connor was winded and there was no power behind his punches

A big factor why people think Conor won the 3rd round was Joe Rogan hyping up every Conor punch and ignoring anything Khabib did

Maybe I'm forgetting things but in the first few minutes of the round wasnt connor not tagging him then close to when the round was over, Khabib took him down?

he won the 3rd based off activity. khabib took that rd off after beating him down in the 2nd rd. conor's punches didn't have much behind it

dana giving conor all the $ fights that he can get out of him. it makes no sense for him to get a tune-up before the rematch. tony/conor isn't that big of a draw and if he loses, you can't give him a title shot and have him jump the line :lol:

I want to see Ferguson fight Khabib next and I really want to see Connor fight a striker. I think Connor and Khabib is just a bad match up.

The argument for Conor winning the 3rd was that he hit Khabib more times than he got hit. But Khabib seemed to have the cleaner and harder shots when they did land plus the takedown at the end of the round.

That was the one opportunity for Conor to do something and he never was able to hit Khabib as hard as Micheal Johnson or Edson Barboza. Conor is a counter puncher and Khabib's style didn't give him anything to counter, he was either out of range or dipping his head away from Conor's left when shooting takedowns.

^ John said as much... Said the offensive gameplan just didn't materialize and it was terrible

Its titles or superfights for Conor... Dana wont allow him to fight anybody but those categories.

Exactly... unless it’s a Khabib rematch, Nate trilogy, GSP or Woodley. I guess throw in Ferguson and Diamond who are further down in the list. Other than those, no other matches make sense for him

Dana was on ESPN this AM and actually went out of his way (as in he wasn't asked about it) to commend Ferg and his performance and mention it when asked about the Conor/Khabib rematch.

So it seems like Ferg is in play and isn't already being overlooked.

But we'll see.....

goofapotamus happy now... says khabib should get a 6 month suspension and ppv buys were over 2 mill

Back
Top Bottom