The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Better question, are paid gyms truly necessary? Or can one do well on his own with books, weights etc. & youtube?

If you have the means and time an actual gym is a way better look than working out at home.

And if you want to look into a martial art where the lineage is very transparent try BJJ.

evan tanner started out with instructional videos I think. Impressive that he became the ufc mw champ.

RIP to Evan Tanner, the 10th anniversary of his death was just on 9/8. I'd definitely consider him an anomaly though. He def had lots of natural ability but got into MMA in its infancy so that may have been why he had so much success early on with a strong wrestling base. I've heard the documentary on him is really good so I'll have to seek that out.

Just bet $100 on the Khabib-McGregor fight with a co-worker. Same dude I bet in the Mayweather-McGregor fight.

Just bet $100 on the Khabib-McGregor fight with a co-worker. Same dude I bet in the Mayweather-McGregor fight.

Still confuses me that anyone thought the irish fella had more than a 0% chance in that boxing match. his stans and mma stans were so confident his power was gonna ko floyd. Like he had a better chance than real boxers with boxing power.

Still confuses me that anyone thought the irish fella had more than a 0% chance in that boxing match. his stans and mma stans were so confident his power was gonna ko floyd. Like he had a better chance than real boxers with boxing power.
Ignorance. Flat out

Casuals. I had a friend with Irish roots swear he was going to win, even though he don’t watch boxing.

The stats were there. 49-0. Super defensive fighter. Former Olympian. Multiple world champion. Hardly gets damaged. Exploitive matchmaking. Cardio for days.

Not sure what took so long after the state commission.

Who would he fight? Interim title lol?
Please not another interim belt, I think JJ and Gus running it back would be a good headliner but UFC always feels the need to slap the interim belt title to appeal more to casuals i assume. But then strip the interim belt for injuries quickly (see Ferguson and Colby lol).

Cormier should take the fight with Jon Jones. That is his payday fight. I would want to see that over Brock.

Cormier isn’t probably going to fight until Brock next year. I’m okay with an interim title bout with Gus and JBJ.

Maybe do the last Cormier fight w JBJ at heavyweight.

Back
Top Bottom