The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

For them to be holding out on an announcement when MSG is 7 weeks away, it almost HAS to be Bones, right?

Regardless of his past transgressions, dude is from upper New York and was one of the biggest advocates (along with Weidman) for MMA in NY.

Fellow Bay Areans, help is needed. I'm looking to find a gym, but was also curious about JKD. Is it applied more as philosophy? Meaning, one would learn a particilar art(s) and then trim the fat to find the most efficient techniques. Or, is it a set of really efficient techniques?

Any practitioners? Better yet, any teachers from Bruce's tree still around?

Better question, are paid gyms truly necessary? Or can one do well on his own with books, weights etc. & youtube?

At some point you need to drill/spar/roll with someone who is at a similar skill level and that's hard to do without a paid gym. Might help you cut your learning curve down if you do the books/YT and start training on your own though.

Fellow Bay Areans, help is needed. I'm looking to find a gym, but was also curious about JKD. Is it applied more as philosophy? Meaning, one would learn a particilar art(s) and then trim the fat to find the most efficient techniques. Or, is it a set of really efficient techniques?

Any practitioners? Better yet, any teachers from Bruce's tree still around?

A tough question. Based on my loose understanding, if you go to a JKD academy you would learn a set of techniques but It's not as structured as a traditional Martial Art from my understanding. So things can be added/subtracted at will. Where a lot of the forms in traditional Martial Arts are pretty rigid.

And I know Dan Inosanto is still alive (he's in his 80's though) so I'm sure teachers from Bruce's "tree" are.

Not trying to sound like an *** but Google will probably help you more than any of us in here would though beyond that.

“I like it,” Joe Rogan said (transcript via MMAjunkie). “I like that the fighters are having a good time over there. They get paid well. I want it to grow. I want it to be right up there with the UFC. I would love it if it was a full rival like PRIDE was.”

“I love Coker,” Rogan said. “I like what he’s doing. I’m somehow or another supposed to be in competition with Bellator. I say that’s horse****. I’m the one who got Jimmy Smith hired [to the UFC]. I tried to get him hired years ago. I love the fact that ‘Big’ John [McCarthy] is over there now, and [Mike] ‘Goldie’ [Goldberg] is too. And Mauro [Ranallo], I love Mauro. They’ve got great fighters over there.”

Has this episode been uploaded to the iTunes podcast list yet? I was looking for it yesterday and didn't see it. This was just this past Monday(09.10) correct?

Chisea is a dumbass, he aint going to get much....he took a fight with pettis right after the incident.

that basically proves he wasn't "that distrought, and/or mentally and physically damaged" as hes claiming

Rose on the other hand playing her hand STRONGGG, she talking bout she cant sleep she has PTSD from the incident lol she doing it right

Looks like Cub Swanson really has deteriorated from one too many concussions recently. Named his new twins King and Saint.

Cub always comes off well spoken in his interviews IMO. Those names though smh.

As a huge BJ Penn fan I just hope he is able to pull off the sub against Ryan Hall and then calls it a career. He literally has nothing to prove and the sport has all but passed him up. The lost to Siver was hard to watch.

upload_2018-9-16_19-55-14.png

Someone goof up or UFC really like this dude that much?
Or you think this is shade at Woodley?

Chisea is a dumbass, he aint going to get much....he took a fight with pettis right after the incident.

that basically proves he wasn't "that distrought, and/or mentally and physically damaged" as hes claiming

Rose on the other hand playing her hand STRONGGG, she talking bout she cant sleep she has PTSD from the incident lol she doing it right
Do you know know how PTSD works?

Back
Top Bottom