The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I hope bruh was being sarcastic with that HW bs. Conor's true striking prowess doesn't come from power but timing and accuracy. Son can hit you on the chin with his eyes closed. Conor specializes in punching cats while they are off guard. Tyron on the other hand misses but his hands are fast and strong so once he tags you it's like a pitbull bite.

Woodley don’t get respect from Dana because he low key racist. He’s trying everything for Woodley to lose. Pay that man and get him a big money fight. He’s arguably one of the most complete fighters In UFC history.

As for that Connor vs Tyrone talk needs to stop. They’d call it a hate crime after Woodley finishes Connor.

This This This

Dana WHITE hates a young succesfull BROTHER like TWood. The UFC has done all they could to try to break Tyron down and defeat him with BS WHITE fighters like Wonderboy and Doughboy but Dana got sent crying everytime.

All the UFC wants is a blonde haired blue eyed fighter to be champ and defeat Woodley. They tryed to get rid of him after he didnt fight for 12 months with that BS interim title that they gifted to that WHITE devil Colby.

UFC promotes White fighters but not anyone else, Tyron should be more popular but hea not because the UFC is racist.

Getting a bit tired of all these steroid ladies with so many visible signs of PED use, getting to walk in from south america and put man beatings on women.

Im not sure that once youve permanently changed the size of your jaw delts and traps, peeing clean is good enough anymore.

Woodley don’t get respect from Dana because he low key racist. He’s trying everything for Woodley to lose. Pay that man and get him a big money fight. He’s arguably one of the most complete fighters In UFC history.

As for that Connor vs Tyrone talk needs to stop. They’d call it a hate crime after Woodley finishes Connor.

Could be a racial component. Mighty Mouse got the same treatment.

I think a lot has to do with Woodley not being an arrogant POS. He's the ultimate pro. It probably also hurts him that he doesn't have a lot of highlight knockouts. Dana likes the controversial dudes who knock people out, talk ish, and sh*t like that.

To me that's part of the reason the sport turns people off. The whole theatrical WWE element.

Dana seems like a piece of **** but I don’t know if he’s racist.

That being said a lot of the Elite black fighters have had issues. I think that’s more to do with perception and how they are received by the MMA community at large. Theres a large section of the fan base who are buying PPV’s and going to events are still waiting on their next Matt Hughes. The MMA community is expanding but it’s roots lie with working class white folks.

Will be interesting to see how Israel and Kamaru handle things as the new rising black stars.

Israel is a opinionated, millennial hipster dude and Kamaru is the real life T’Challa so I don’t think they will go down too well with America :lol: :pimp:

Yeah, hughes and gsp didn’t talk much or trash their opponents and still became big stars. They became the big draw but the majority of the ufc’s fanbase is white. Meanwhile woodley is a beast and tried to wait for big money fights like diaz or gsp because he wasn’t a big draw himself. To be honest, I did get a little tired of woodley waiting for a money fight to appear for him. Keep wrecking fools and make yourself the money fighter people want to match up with and maybe that’ll finally start for him with the demolition of till.

I think Dana doesn't get along with woodley at all. He has no problem promoting DC, Nnganou, Jon Jones, Mighty mouse(also a soft spoken total pro) anderson silva and the list goes on.

Dana likes to promote people that like promoting themselves. Makes him money and makes his job easier.

I think bringing race into the equation, while dana has provided opportunities for fighters worldwide, is likely what soured him on woodley.

End of the day they are pointing fingers at each other. Woodley has a point a so does dana.

I think Dana doesn't get along with woodley at all. He has no problem promoting DC, Nnganou, Jon Jones, Mighty mouse(also a soft spoken total pro) anderson silva and the list goes on.

Dana likes to promote people that like promoting themselves. Makes him money and makes his job easier.

I think bringing race into the equation, while dana has provided opportunities for fighters worldwide, is likely what soured him on woodley.

End of the day they are pointing fingers at each other. Woodley has a point a so does dana.

I agree. I don’t think he’s racist.

The butcher doesn’t want its meat to talk back.

JBJ was the golden boy until that one Canada Card where Hendo got hurt. He didn’t want to take the last minute challenger change to save the PPV. That’s when the love/hate relationship started with Dana.

Dana threw Anderson under the bus with that string of poor performances. But ultimately, Anderson was a company guy.

I don’t think Mighty Mouse, Aldo or Twood get much love because they’re not really Company guys. They’ll complain about their status or issues. But they’re not liable to do what the company needs eg TJ Superfight, sell PPVs, etc.

Yeah, hughes and gsp didn’t talk much or trash their opponents and still became big stars. They became the big draw but the majority of the ufc’s fanbase is white. Meanwhile woodley is a beast and tried to wait for big money fights like diaz or gsp because he wasn’t a big draw himself. To be honest, I did get a little tired of woodley waiting for a money fight to appear for him. Keep wrecking fools and make yourself the money fighter people want to match up with and maybe that’ll finally start for him with the demolition of till.

When was Woodley just waiting around for a money fight?

3 Title Defenses in 1 Year.

Then he got injured.

He was asking for the money fight but was still fighting.

I agree. I don’t think he’s racist.

The butcher doesn’t want its meat to talk back.

JBJ was the golden boy until that one Canada Card where Hendo got hurt. He didn’t want to take the last minute challenger change to save the PPV. That’s when the love/hate relationship started with Dana.

Dana threw Anderson under the bus with that string of poor performances. But ultimately, Anderson was a company guy.

I don’t think Mighty Mouse, Aldo or Twood get much love because they’re not really Company guys. They’ll complain about their status or issues. But they’re not liable to do what the company needs eg TJ Superfight, sell PPVs, etc.
Also I feel like Dana treated Stipe like trash for the same reason's you mentioned.

Woodley says he’s down to headline msg

Dude deserves all the respect in the world. After being jerked around and under promoted he’s down to take a short turn around fight

What’s next for Kamaru Usman though? Everyone is ducking him. Covington is probably getting the title shot next. I guess you can book him against Till.

Usman def stuck, will have to take a fight

Lucky for him woodley wants to keep the division moving for now

Woodley loses I don’t know he gets a rematch

Lawler wonderboy could be options if till goes to mw

What’s next for Kamaru Usman though? Everyone is ducking him. Covington is probably getting the title shot next. I guess you can book him against Till.

Wonderboy.

I think Till will get a favourable fight next.

Last edited:
I didn’t even know diego fought last night until I saw recap videos on youtube. The guy has fallen so far off the radar that his name was never mentioned once in any of the pre-shows. Surprised he won.

Also I feel like Dana treated Stipe like trash for the same reason's you mentioned.

Stipe, Eddie Alvarez (at the end of his deal), Roy Nelson, Matt Riddle, Cyborg, etc.

If you do not tout the company line, down to fight whomever/whenever, accept whatever paltry pay, allow Dana say whatever, etc, you’re on Dudes badside.

We literally watched someone get stripped of their title this past weekend. Dude is just a slime ball.

If Tyron fights at MSG, they better pay that man. Porier/Diaz and Woodley/Covington would be good head liners. One a grudge match, the other is the return of a Diaz Bros against a scrappy Porier.

Maybe they can throw the women flyweight fight on the Cyborg/Nunez card.

I see why woodley is upset. All of the big money fighters see him as too much of a threat vs how much money and interest he will generate for the fight.
Gsp jumping a weight class and ducking him on his return denied him a fat pay day and the opportunity to be talked of with the goats. Id be steamin.
I dont really know what he can do other than keep smashing the number one contender. Other than put himself at a horrible disadvantage by jumping in on short notice and saving a card from an injury.

You guys are missing the point. Guys like Stipe were revered when he was on top. He did get shelved by arguably the biggest PPV draw next to Mayweather in Brock. Jon Jones makes Bryant Gubel look like Malcom X. You saw how DJ was handled in his 837373 fight streak. T-Wood speaks on BLACK issues inside AND outside the octagon. He’s like the UFC’s Kap to the nfl only that he hasn’t been pushed out yet no matter the circumstance. As far as guys like Silva he’s a international superstar so because he is dark skinned people can see past that. Dana does not want pro black fighter or a black fighter that represents their culture to be in the forefront of the UFC PERIOD. I bet if Covington and Woodley fight next, I garuntee Covington gets fed a huge superfight.

You guys are missing the point. Guys like Stipe were revered when he was on top. He did get shelved by arguably the biggest PPV draw next to Mayweather in Brock. Jon Jones makes Bryant Gubel look like Malcom X. You saw how DJ was handled in his 837373 fight streak. T-Wood speaks on BLACK issues inside AND outside the octagon. He’s like the UFC’s Kap to the nfl only that he hasn’t been pushed out yet no matter the circumstance. As far as guys like Silva he’s a international superstar so because he is dark skinned people can see past that. Dana does not want pro black fighter or a black fighter that represents their culture to be in the forefront of the UFC PERIOD. I bet if Covington and Woodley fight next, I garuntee Covington gets fed a huge superfight.

You shouldn’t have led with Stipe fam.

He gets less love than all the brothers combined :lol:

I see why woodley is upset. All of the big money fighters see him as too much of a threat vs how much money and interest he will generate for the fight.
Gsp jumping a weight class and ducking him on his return denied him a fat pay day and the opportunity to be talked of with the goats. Id be steamin.
I dont really know what he can do other than keep smashing the number one contender. Other than put himself at a horrible disadvantage by jumping in on short notice and saving a card from an injury.

This is all it was 5 years ago. Everyone out for the bag now but at the end of the day if you want to be in the goat conversation this is all you should be focusing on.

Put together 10 consecutive title defenses. Be undeniable.

Back
Top Bottom