The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Honestly, I don’t care. He’s a torch passer now. We’re far removed from the WEC and active LW days. He put on a lil too much mileage. He loved to fight. But he never allowed himself time to rest/heal and grow as a martial artist. The UFC is going to simply pit him against the young guys they want to test/push.

I saw Miesha Tate weighing in on the situation. I hear what she’s saying but is Cowboy the same as Rashad as far as his involvement with Jackson/Wink?

Cowboy himself said he doesn’t fight well when someone tries to get in his head and get him angry (nate Diaz). I’m sure platinum trying to do the same to rile him up right now. If cowboy only shows up to JW only a couple times a month...I don’t think it’s too messed up if they decided to side with Perry. Different story if cowboy was still consistently training there.

Cowboys also said numerous times that he doesn’t fight with emotion anymore

That fight with nate was years ago, people change

With that being said I do enjoy the storyline that’s evolving here. If cowboy reverts to emotional cowboy that would be fun for the buildup

As far as nick Diaz goes, they’re gonna most likely match him with a name if he ever returns

Pretty sure Cowboy also got head butted in the mouth by a horse a week before the Diaz fight... The first couple punches split his mouth open again... Guy just lives a different life and doesn't let it get in the way of fighting

Nick vs Jorge as an undercard on a stacked event would be a perfect matchup as far as excitement goes, and to see what Nick has left after the layoff. Hopefully they make that instead of trying to milk him too soon for a big name fight.

Wonderboy would be a terrible matchup, all wrong for Nick

Nick vs Jorge as an undercard on a stacked event would be a perfect matchup as far as excitement goes, and to see what Nick has left after the layoff. Hopefully they make that instead of trying to milk him too soon for a big name fight.

Wonderboy would be a terrible matchup, all wrong for Nick
Nick ain’t gonna accept no undercard fight if he’s gonna come back

Y’all gotta think through his eyes and also through Dana’s

If conventional wisdom ain’t used much it definitely won’t be applied for nick

Nick ain’t gonna accept no undercard fight if he’s gonna come back

Y’all gotta think through his eyes and also through Dana’s

If conventional wisdom ain’t used much it definitely won’t be applied for nick

Which is a shame, because dude hasn’t won a fight since 2011. I rock with the guy but cmon son, how about just try to get one solid win in before any money fights get floated. Look impressive and it’ll build more hype for the next one. Him vs Jorge would be dope.

I’d settle for the Robbie rematch too tho, that’s kind of a money fight I guess. I mean outside of GSP, Conor and Woodley, Robbie is about as close to a money fight for him as I can think of off the top of my head.

Everyone knows Nick excells at boxing and BJJ. I don't see how he can win if those are neutralize with Wonderboys range and tdd

Everyone knows Nick excells at boxing and BJJ. I don't see how he can win if those are neutralize with Wonderboys range and tdd
Who do you “expect” nick to beat exactly, in terms of the top 10. Cuz he ain’t coming back to fight someone outside the top 10 unless he’s got a big name

Who do you “expect” nick to beat exactly, in terms of the top 10. Cuz he ain’t coming back to fight someone outside the top 10 unless he’s got a big name
Masvidal, Magny, Maia, maybe Lawler or RDA

If he can get a win in column A and column B he can fight for the belt after

Masvidal, Magny, Maia, maybe Lawler or RDA

If he can get a win in column A and column B he can fight for the belt after
I would honestly be surprised to see him take a fight with any of those names outside of Robbie

I would only favor him over Maia out of that list

Yall can’t see Diaz beating Magny? And even though he’s no slouch, Masvidal is still an undersized 170, Nick is a big 170 pressure fighter with a chin. Robbie hasn’t looked great his last two fights. RDA could be tough because of the kicks but who knows.

But favorite or underdog aside, those are all winnable fights that play to his strengths. If he has anything left he should be capable of getting a win in any of those, and if he can’t beat any of them well then he probably shouldn’t be in a major money fight in the first place.

I could see it. I jus think its kore likely Magny manages the distance, gets him into the later rds n outworks him standing up and on the ground. Neil only really loses to legit title contenders

He could beat any of those guys, I just wouldn't favor him (outside of Maia who seems washed). Diaz has been out of the sport for over 3 years, when he returns it will be 4 years

Robbie hasn't looked "good" in a few years, Diaz hasn't won a fight since 2011 and hasn't looked "good" in 7+ years

I think again it comes down to realistic opponents, those names, I'd be surprised if he came back and fought any of those names with the exception of Robbie

I don't really see how Wonderboy would be such a worse matchup than any of those other names, all things considered

Back
Top Bottom