The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Man.. I have a feeling something will happen to Khabib and on Oct 6th we're gonna see Conor vs Ferguson, which I'm not mad at at all.

Any combination of Pettis v Khabib v Conor v Ferguson is amazing.

Saw this on Reddit.. MMAs greatest rivalries:

qegn07is3yi11.jpg

Liddell-Couture, Ken Shamrock-Tito Ortiz, Liddell-Ortiz GSP-Matt Hughes, Dominik Cruz-Faber, Jon Jones-DC, Lesnar-Mir, Hughes-Penn Silva-Sonnen, Rockhold- Bisping, Cain-JDS, Edgar-Maynard, Rampage-Wanderlei McGregor-Diaz, Sakuraba-Gracie’s, Rousey Tate

Saw this on Reddit.. MMAs greatest rivalries:

qegn07is3yi11.jpg

Liddell-Couture, Ken Shamrock-Tito Ortiz, Liddell-Ortiz GSP-Matt Hughes, Dominik Cruz-Faber, Jon Jones-DC, Lesnar-Mir, Hughes-Penn Silva-Sonnen, Rockhold- Bisping, Cain-JDS, Edgar-Maynard, Rampage-Wanderlei McGregor-Diaz, Sakuraba-Gracie’s, Rousey Tate
Lol @ sak vs the Gracie's

True... but there seems to be a genuine hatred there on a personal level.

Bones also smoked DC but no one is denying that that’s a rivalry

I thought that was supposed to be Suga Rashad at first.

But at least Fat Boy it all 5 rounds the first time around.

No Love got used and abused.

Same could be said for Liddell-Ortiz as Tito got KO'ed both times but I understand they had a genuine dislike for each other. I really hope they don't fight again being in their mid-late 40s currently.

Rivals meaning those guys are enemies. rampage got destroyed by wand in their first 2 fights then he finally got revenge in their 3rd fight against a washed wand.

Jackson/Wink doing Cowboy dirty :smh::lol: hey I guess they gotta look out for themselves

Cowboy went all the way in on Wink and whoever the wrestling coach is :rofl:

“I JUST ASKED WHEN I WENT TO GO TO ’55 AND THEN [MIKE] PERRY CALLED ME OUT AND WANTS TO FIGHT, SURE NO PROBLEM. BUT I WENT TO TALK TO GREG [JACKSON] AND [MIKE WINKELJOHN] AND SAY HEY, ‘THIS GUY’S BRAND NEW TO THE GYM, HE’S ONLY BEEN HERE ONE CAMP, A COUPLE OF MONTHS,’

I SAID, ‘I DON’T THINK THAT IT’S OKAY FOR HIM TO COME IN AND CALL ME OUT…THAT’S NOT RIGHT. SO IF HE IS DOING THAT I DON’T THINK WE SHOULD ALLOW HIM TO TRAIN HERE FOR THIS FIGHT,’

F*CKIN’ WINKELJOHN TELLS ME, ‘YEAH YOU KNOW, I THOUGHT YOU CALLED HIM OUT,’. HE’S JUST A SH*TASS AND LIES LIKE TO YOUR FACE SO TO ME HE’S LIKE, ‘YEAH, SURE NO PROBLEM WE’RE ALL CLEARED UP, WON’T HAVE ANY ISSUES,’

THE NEXT DAY HE CALLS ME ON THE PHONE AND SAYS, ‘YOU KNOW WHAT, I THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND IF WE DON’T HAVE PERRY, THEN I DON’T GET PAID, AND I NEED TO GET PAID FOR THIS FIGHT, IF YOU JUST PAY GREG I DON’T GET ANY MONEY FROM THE GYM SO WE’RE JUST GOING TO GO WITH HIM’. BASICALLY TELLS ME I’M NO LONGER WELCOME IN THE GYM. SAYS THE TEAM HAD A MEETING, *******T THE TEAM DIDN’T HAVE A MEETING, I TALKED TO EVERYBODY.

[THEY] DIDN’T HAVE THE F*CKING BALLS OR THE BACKBONE TO SAY IT TO MY F*CKING FACE WHEN I WAS RIGHT THERE WITH THEM. [JACKSON WAS] LIKE, ‘YEAH, WE’LL COME TO THE RANCH AND SORT THIS OUT,’. I’M LIKE WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? YOU TELL ME I CAN’T COME INTO THE JACKSONWINK GYM, BUT YOU’RE GOING TO BACK DOOR AND COME TO MY HOUSE, AND WE’RE GOING TO TRAIN TO FIGHT ME WHILE PERRY’S AT THE GYM.

YOU SEE EVERYTHING HE DOES, AND THEN YOU COME TRAIN ME? NOT TO MENTION YOU’RE HOLDING CLASSES AND HE’S WATCHING. YOU MIGHT NOT BE TRAINING HIM TO BEAT ME, BUT THERE’S A LOT OF PEOPLE THERE THAT HAVE TRAINED WITH ME FOR F*CKING YEARS.”

“When Winklejohn merged over, all the big pros left, it turned into a puppy mill,” Cerrone said. “Back when Greg had it, and it was its own school, you couldn’t turn up to a pro class. Some guy couldn’t just come here, knock on your door, and the next thing you know he has shin pads on and he’s sparring.

“Literally at the new gym, bums come in off the street — I swear to God — and will come in and put stuff on and fight. That’s a true story. Random bums off the street. That would never happen back in the day.”

Last edited:
Just heard that this past UFC event in Nebraska was under the new Unified rules, which means that Anders' kick was nowhere near illegal, it was actually quite legal :smh::rofl:

Had no idea it was under the new rule set

MMA gotta do better and not let the entire ******* rule set differ from state to state :smh:

Also I just learned a few weeks ago that the PFL doesn't allow elbows of any kind :wow::rofl:

I understand why the PFL wouldn't allow elbows, the fighters compete much more often and cannot afford to be cut open. But still

A little beef is always good... Cowboy not being super involved??? I'm shocked... Guy has made no bones about being a fighter and worrying about #1... He has zero filter with anything in his life... I'm sure he is not worried what Mike Winklejohn and Diego or anybody else is saying about him.

The clapback from wink and Diego were solid

Cowboy def looking out for himself here after reading more into it. Don’t know why he expects such fierce loyalty when he’s built his own gym and taken Jackson fighters away in a sense lol

Wow. The blowback from the JaxWink camp was bad. Cowboy looking mighty entitled.

Perry vs. Cowboy a good fight. Diego vs. Cowboy not so much.

Back
Top Bottom