The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Real heat/animosity>>

Yeah Perry is a way better opponent than Diego but there’s something much more intriguing when it’s a grudge match

Perry vs cowboy honestly is cool but nothing too special or great

Cowboy can bash Winkeljohn all he wants but even if what he's saying is true I doubt this affects the Jackson-Wink camp much if any at all. He had to know him going back and forth from his gym to theirs would create some friction especially since he was taking guys away. Def can't wait for the Cowboy-Perry fight now though.

Also, did anyone watch TUF last night? Wondering if any of the HW's are decent prospects, kind of disappointed they didn't just do all HW's but considering that season with Kimbo back in the day there was a huge discrepancy in talent between the top guys (like Nelson, Schaub, a green Mitrione, etc.) and bottom tier dudes (like guy Rampage tried to bully) so can't be that surprised why they didn't. And they are always trying to build up WMMA which is understandable.

This is the problem with mega gyms, having so many guys in one gym in the same weightclass will obviously cause issues. It's been happening there since bones/rashad.

I appreciate guys like Miocic and Holloway who have their own little squad dedicated to them. That's how it should be. None of this teammate ****.

Depends. Sometimes if you’re at a small gym and the best one there then you don’t get challenged. Probably one of the reasons joanna went to att.

Giant gyms like jw have these teammate conflicts once every few years. diego was a ww contender and gsp was being coached by greg. he went to cali for a few years.

Depends. Sometimes if you’re at a small gym and the best one there then you don’t get challenged. Probably one of the reasons joanna went to att.

Giant gyms like jw have these teammate conflicts once every few years. diego was a ww contender and gsp was being coached by greg. he went to cali for a few years.
Agreed. It’s really case by case and culture by culture

Some people flourishing with att some people dipped out, same can be said with tri star
They can do the Diego fight if Perry wins.
Agreed. Need that match to happen, much more meaningful for a jackson vet to fight cowboy

Except Diego is washed. Just don’t see him having anything for Cowboy (despite his decline).

Perry can capitalize off of the Cowboy name. Zuffa has been trying to push the ignorant idiot.

If cowboy loses he doesn’t have much else to fight for. A personal fight would be very cool imo

Especially if Diego wins his next fight

They’re both gatekeepers now. One is just more washed than the other

This could be true, but these guys aren’t fighting to move up the contender ladder no more, much less the title

Gotta view them through that lens

As much as I want to see Nick back in the octagon I'm not holding my breath. He'll either want a big check, #1 contender fight, a big name or all 3. Not sure Dana and co will be able to come to terms.

Sean O'Connell has been commentating for the PFL and fighting just moments later :rofl:

PFL lowkey great. Tonight's card has been solid just like their past 2-3 events

Sean O'Connell has been commentating for the PFL and fighting just moments later :rofl:

PFL lowkey great. Tonight's card has been solid just like their past 2-3 events
just got waxed too :lol: ataev put it on him something serious.

If Nick gets anyone in the top 5 he will get tuned up and I have been ride or die for Nick since he and Karo put on a grappling clinic back in the day

Didn’t Nate beat Cowboy?

Not sure what Cowboy would show Nick unless he exploited the Diaz’s susceptibility to wrestling.

UFC will definitely throw Nick at a top contender lol

And had no idea Cowboy’s family got it like that. Gramps rolled through with a duffle bag full of cash and said we’d take it :lol:

I wouldn’t give him anyone in the top 7.

Feel like Dos Anjos, Covington, Till, Thompson, Woodley, etc would be tough with the layoff.

Maybe...just maybe a rematch with Lawler.

Back
Top Bottom