The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

lmao I bought tickets to go watch UFC 226 at Vegas

At least DC and Stipe is still on

Fans are so fickle. Up until this year the guy has fought non stop and everyone since entering the UFC in 2012.

He runs into two mishaps and now his training habits are called into question. Pathetic.

He shouldn’t be suffering a concussion week of the fight, it’s not really a crazy thing to ask

Nothing at all to do with being fickle, it’s common sense

Y’all talking about DC being too much for Stipe have to remember that Stipe used the DC game plan to wash Ngannou.

He can fight like DC and is naturally bigger and stronger. I think Stipe is going to hurt DC early.

They should stop trying to stack the July card. The main / co main always falls apart the week of the fight.

2018- Max
2017- Nunes
2016- Jones

Knew it.

I wish the best for Max though, I’m not even that disappointed as I had already pretty much written this fight off. It’s gotten to the point recently where you just expect someone to drop out of the fight in the week leading up to it.

Hope Max gets well, he’s got a great attitude, he’s a great fighter and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Got to feel for Ortega, it’s gotta be tough to prepare for a fight as big as this, do all the media, prepare your mind and body and then be left without a fight.

Still a great card top to bottom though and we have the TUF finale on Friday as well.

Brian Ortega seems to give zero f**** about anything... Guy is a different type of person... I honestly don't think he is too down about this.

Y’all talking about DC being too much for Stipe have to remember that Stipe used the DC game plan to wash Ngannou.

He can fight like DC and is naturally bigger and stronger. I think Stipe is going to hurt DC early.
He is not stronger than DC. Period.

Sounds like a realllllllly bad concussion. They didnt see when it happened. Smh. Does max work with Faras? If not its time to... 3 strikes and your out right? Something gotta change

Im gonna break your....I’m gonna fffffkkkk you up......I’m I’m pressing charges on this guy....I’m pressing charges on this guy right now...I’m pressing charges!..I’m a chairman!......I’m a chairman right now!

Lmao

I don't blame him or his team. Fighting with a concussion would have been very bad.

Unfortunately, that's the third straight fight he pulled out of...
Legit or not, Max gets knocked down a few notches for this **** ... He never shows up to fight ... Sorry, but you cant say you defend any where, any time, but back out of 3 straight fights ... McGregor the GOAT
3 fights?... Other than the one he pulled out of against Edgar earlier this year, what other fight did HE pull out of? Are you counting the Khabib fight because he didn't pull from that the commission told him he couldn't fight no?

That's three straight fights that were scheduled for him that he did not show up fight night*

I'm as big a Max fan as anyone else but I'm being real here.

You're being intentionally obtuse because Max wasn't scheduled to fight Khabib. He stepped in to save the card on 5 days notice.

The same commission who wouldn't let Paul Felder step in to fight without a ranking, that wouldn't let Showtime weigh in a second time to save the card, that wouldn't recognize Raging Al as champion had he won because he weighed in too early

Max is a true champion and seems like an even better person

However it isn’t unfair to criticize him for this latest mishap

He hasn’t fought in 7 months and pulled out of a title fight already (not including khabib). Most likely he won’t be able to fight until August at the earliest which will be 8 months. Recovering from a concussion is tricky. If he’s forced to stay out until September that would be 9 months without defending the belt, not terrible but not great

His team, any team should take precaution two weeks outside of the fight, legit no excuse for something like that to happen

Back
Top Bottom