The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Some dummy tweeted that her loss to holm was a fluke because she was busy thinking about hollywood. Total moron.

“It’s a weird situation,” White said at a press conference for UFC 226 on Thursday. “I was talking to Jeff Novitzky in the back and there’s a couple of different — some people think it’s concussion-related and some people think it’s weight cut-related, so they haven’t really got down to the bottom of what it is. But according to him he feels fine but obviously he’s not fine. So we’re going to continue to try to figure out what’s wrong with Max Holloway.

You serious? Dude is much bigger than DC and definitely physically stronger. DC is the better technical wrestler, but ain’t no way he’s stronger than Stipe. You’re overlooking just how much bigger Stipe is.
He is not stronger than DC. PERIOD.

I'd rather a fighter pull out if their health is at risk. No point in having them fight half assed or risk losing the title if there's added risk. As much as I wanted to see Ferguson v Khabib, I imagine the first takedown would've lead to a fight ending injury (without the full fight taking place).

I believe so, don’t quote me on it.

Dana was grilling Ortega’s manager during the press conference, you can tell he was a little pissed they didn’t take the fight.

F Chiesa. Talked all that crap with Lee and freaked out over nothing with the mom comment. Then complained about the early stoppage and challenged mario to a damn grappling match. then misses weight here

None of those things have anything to do with the other. :lol:

Just say you don't like the guy and move on. MMA needs to overhaul this weight cutting business. There needs to be a bigger penalty than just a percentage of the purse. Maybe up it to half your purse is given to the opponent.

If they upped the ante and gave fighters who missed weight an automatic loss on their record and no pay, I think that would do the trick.

Maybe add in a suspension penalty for repeat offenders. No only will they not be paid (if their opponent decides to NOT take the fight) but putting a damper on their earnings for 3-12 months should also provide as good stimulus.

Got people like Dern blatantly not even trying to make weight because she can take the hit on the purse. Something needs to happen.

The problem is the UFC still wants the fighters to fight ... So the no purse thing won't work because they lose their cash cows ... Imagine Max having to sit out a year because he took the Khabib fight ... Or if Conor slipped up ... Leaving it a negotiation protects both parties ...

Maybe add a "Short Notice" provision for those that are taking a fight with less than 1.5 months time. That way those fighters are still protected. However fighters with a full camp (more than 1.5mon. notice) are subject to all penalties.

they just need to make more fights is all... there should be 3 or 4 CONTRACTED fights lined up that have provisional dates. obv its not ideal but there are plentyyyy of hungry fighters trying to be on a card like this

If they upped the ante and gave fighters who missed weight an automatic loss on their record and no pay, I think that would do the trick.

too steep, this is like T&F tossing ppl on the first false start. not any more incentive to not cheat then giving someone at least one second chance, ish happens. (Tony Ferguson)

None of those things have anything to do with the other. :lol:

Just say you don't like the guy and move on. MMA needs to overhaul this weight cutting business. There needs to be a bigger penalty than just a percentage of the purse. Maybe up it to half your purse is given to the opponent.
I'm sorry I **** on another one of your boyfriend's.

I don't like the guy. Happy?

Back
Top Bottom