The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Its not uncommon to go to a Junior College as an athlete and then transfer to a D-1 school.

Colby went to Oregon State after Iowa CC and Jones started his UFC career.

Im sure both received scholarships.
I get that. The going out of state to attend a CC part made me scratch my head.

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer I can't speak on wrestling since I didn't have any friends that were good in it but it's quite common for other sports, the Juco's that have good programs in certain sports have coaches on the staff that recruit from other states and sometimes out the country, so many of CCSF's football and basketball players were recruited from out of state and they would all house them at the Westlake Apartments in Daly City like lot of my boys coming up. I was recruited out of HS by some out of state Juco's to run track but I chose to go to Georgia St. at the time instead.

Watching the last MMA Hour with Ariel, can't lie, it's a little emotional. He's wearing the same shirt he did on his first show ever

Yoel's managers being real hesitant to let Yoel fight at 205. They're saying he walks around at 205 and they question opponents being much taller

"He won't ever miss weight again"

Watching the last MMA Hour with Ariel, can't lie, it's a little emotional. He's wearing the same shirt he did on his first show ever

Yoel's managers being real hesitant to let Yoel fight at 205. They're saying he walks around at 205 and they question opponents being much taller

"He won't ever miss weight again"
I doubt he walks around 205. The height could be an issue. However, Cormier is 5'11". Romero has nothing to lose and just about everything to gain.

romero would actually be faster and quicker than most at that weight. cardio would a lot better since he doesnt have to go through grueling weight cut

Colby already referencing race with "Tyquil Woodley"

"Tyquil Woodley cries that people are racist 'oh people are racist they don't want to watch me'"

Colby's nicknames for people :lol:

He's continuing to go in on "prima donnas and silver spoon fed athletes" for kneeling for the anthem. Dude really going with this take, he gets quite angry when talking about it

Hats off to Ariel, he deserves everything hes achieving. Really cool when they showed the evolution of the set at the end. Has come a long way. Im still unsure of how everything is going to work.

Does MMA Hour go on with a different host? Does Ariel do essentially the same show but on ESPN? Interested to see how this all pans out.

Finally saw the Whittaker/Romero fight in full and man what a fight that was. Bobby is tough as nails and unlucky, Yoel had him on queer street a few times and he was able to hold on.

I see a lot of people are saying Yoel won, I cant see it though just from my angle. I think a draw would have been suitable but I just cant see giving the fight to Yoel. He let 1,2 easily go to Whittaker. Took round 3, Bobby took 4, Romero took 5.

To me 10-8 round is complete dominance from beginning to end like we saw with the CM Punk fight but thats just me.

I want to see each fighter go their own way and fight someone else but Id watch the trilogy no doubt.

Ariel will have virtually his same show on ESPN on Monday’s

He will also have a show with Chael on Wednesday’s

Still very sad in a way, was with Ariel since like his second year at mma hour, came to enjoy his coverage

I am a big fan of Yoel. I do think Whittaker won, but that 5th round should have been a 10-8 round IMO. Which from the sounds of it should have led to a draw instead of a split decision? I wouldnt be mad at Romero-Whittaker 3, but with Romero losing both I don't see the point much. I would like to see Romero get another shot at the title sometime, but I wonder if 205 might be a better look. You have Latifi, Gustaffson, Cormier, OSP, Volkan and of course when he gets back, Jon Jones.

Anyone watching the Tuesday Night Contender series tonight? Interested in seeing how Greg Hardy does.

I want to see Romero and Lesnar juiced to the gills in a 5 round fight with 2 minute rounds.

Really though Id like too see Romero give LHW a run before retiring,Romero /Latifi would be interesting.

Watching TWood on yesterdays MMA Hour, Colby already deep in his head.

200.gif

Colby really is Chael in the ring just much better at the same age and more well rounded

Same strategy though same blueprint

Trash talk not as good lol

chael’s trash talk was actually funny sometimes. mma trump sounds like a middle schooler trying to bully someone.

Greg Hardy's KO was crazy. It would be interesting to see how the "Development Deal" plays out with him.

The main event guy Boatwright looked way out of his league. I get there are at times one punch knockdowns, but jeez, he looked way worse than the Aldo fight.

The whole Romero fight weigh in backstory was interesting to hear. He was 3lbs out at 5 AM, and to NOT over fatigue Romero they figured to get down to 1lb by weigh in and have two hours to get that off. Wait 30 minutes to make sure he was physically fit to continue to cut by the doctors, which he was cleared, he only got 6 minutes to cut in the tub, and then was called by the Fighting Commission who had a lunch date to get to. What I don't get is that it was about 11cst, and he still didn't weigh in until about 12:45 which is missing about another 45 minutes...

Conor and Dana's date:

”He and I are meeting on the 18th of this month,” Dana told TMZ, later adding: “I don’t know whats gonna happen. I don’t know what Conor has planned. I don’t know what Conor and his team have worked on.”

ufc doing anything for ratings and not even trying to hide it anymore. **** is at an all-time low :lol:

greg hardy piece of **** getting signed

also, that cm punk fiasco was straight embarrassing. if the numbers of 150k ppv buys are correct, it did half than what was expected.

Back
Top Bottom