The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

All because of .2lbs and the commission not giving him time. Dude is humble but I would understand if he brings the arena down with his bare hands.

They gave him 2 hours to cut the pound he was heavy. Commission called it and from what we saw, Yoel had to be assisted to the second weight check. It was the right call.

They don’t need to fight again in my opinion. It’s not a rubber match if one fighter beats the other twice. This time he beat him with one hand and two jacked up feet. Yoel landed some great shots and hurt Whitaker, but Whitaker did enough. Yoel was hurt multiple times as well, but carries himself a little better when hurt.

Glad Megan Anderson got exposed as a complete fraud. Beating out of shape moms in Invicta isn’t a true testament to skill. She just got dominated by a 36yo 135lber. They ought to cut her like they’re cutting Mike Jackson.

Oh I thought his camp was saying he didn't get the 2 hours.

Anyway watching the post fight on YouTube and damn. Dana with the Mike Jackson ether.

They gave Yoel two hours, but the commission told him to stop cutting before it ended. Either way he showed up with less than 10-15 minutes of the two hours left with his team carrying him in. Apparently he was 5 lbs heavier during fight week than he was for the last title fight he missed weight for.

If they try to make a third one, they need to make Yoel price he can hit 185 a couple times first.

Speaking of the post fight presser, Dana sounded angry as hell at Gastrlum. Said he was supposed to be the back up for the title fight in case Yoel missed weight, but Gastrlum had “personal issues” that interfered. Basically said Gastelun needs to get his life together before they can schedule a fight for him.

espn sportscenter didn’t mention the event at all. Guess they won’t care until the fights are on their network.

Michelle Waterson is just an awful analyst. She seems like a sweet girl but my god, unbearable on FS1

Colby held his own against Bisping :rofl:

Rob saying Yoel looks weak but hits like a truck was :rofl:his humor is def unexpected but in all the vids on him he's a diff type of dude

In the embeddeds dude was playing video games and had like a 5 min explanation as to why he liked playing them :lol:

She thiccc when she's not cutting weight

Groceries.
657E2346-67C0-4FDC-80DF-E519A365E00B.jpeg

Dana says Khabib vs Conor is next

DC's been hit by harder trucks than Romero, and with DC being heavier it'd be more of a challenge for Yoel in wrestling

I'm still here for Yoel going to 205 though. I don't think Yoel seems very interested in it but at that age, cutting all that weight seems dangerous

Dana says Khabib vs Conor is next

DC's been hit by harder trucks than Romero, and with DC being heavier it'd be more of a challenge for Yoel in wrestling

I'm still here for Yoel going to 205 though. I don't think Yoel seems very interested in it but at that age, cutting all that weight seems dangerous
https://www.mmamania.com/2018/6/7/1...eight-showdown-title-fight-daniel-cormier-mma

Yoel said he's interested a few days ago. Both are Olympic wrestlers and Romero fought at Light Heavyweight earlier in his career. Romero being able to explode at any moment makes it interesting.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/6/7/1...eight-showdown-title-fight-daniel-cormier-mma

Yoel said he's interested a few days ago. Both are Olympic wrestlers and Romero fought at Light Heavyweight earlier in his career. Romero being able to explode at any moment makes it interesting.
Yeah Yoel said he'd like to fight DC, but to take a fight outside of DC at 205 is what I'm wondering if he's interested in

He said he walks around at 210 as a reason why he doesn't want to fight at 205

Colby:

"The Eagles not visiting the White House is a slap in the face to America. All the brave men and women who put their lives on the line so that these guys can eat off their silver spoons"

On NFL players kneeling for the Anthem for social injustice

(In a very serious intense tone): "Last time I checked they weren't paid to be political people, they were paid to play football. If I ever see them in the street I will slap them"

UFC 225 in the books.....

Pre Prelims

Ige came out like a man on a mission and absolutely destroyed Santiago with a flawless victory, great way to start the card.

Sadly Clay got caught with the guillotine 1st round, a true Vet, been in the UFC for forever, hate to see him lose but atleast he got taken out quick with not a lot of damage taken at all.

Pettis vs Benavidez was close, Joe looked a little rusty in there but kept pressing forward, Sergio did a great job of countering and even stumbled ****avidez in the first. I thought it was going to go to Joe but not surprised Pettis got the W either. No complaints on the decision. Although its amazing that one judge can give it 29-28 Benavidez and another gives 30-27 Pettis. MMA scoring needs to be reworked somehow, its unfortunate that in 2018 we still have human error in sports.

Rashad got KOd just like I thought would happen, he looked physically soft and came out with some weird karate stance. Once both were in the cage you could see the size discrepancy as well. Rashad is another legend but he was a star in the Lidell, Griffin, Rampage, Shogun era.....Its time to retire Rashad, youve done enough for the sport and have nothing left to prove.

Prelims

Rocha Coulter fight was sloppy at best but had some moments in the first. Two very low skilled Heavyweights going at it, would of been better if it ended in the first instead of a sort of anti climatic stoppage after Rocha sat on Coulter not even having enough gas to pour on some punches to stop it. It is what it is. Two bottom of the barrel Heavyweights, but its tough finding elite Heavyweight fighters the same way its tough to find elite 125 pounders.

Bektic Lamas fell a little short of what I was expecting, decent fight but nothing to write home about. Not mad at the split for Bektic.

Gadelha vs Esparza, I missed the first two rounds and came back to see a swole face Claudia get the split to a loud roar of boos. Im assuming Esparza should of got the W but who knows.

Blaydes looked great against the Reem. Alistairs style has changed since hes gotten older and off the Barry Bonds diet but he just looked awkward out there. Like he was helping someone move an imaginary couch trying to angle it up a flight of stairs. Blaydes ended the fight with some nice Bos on the ground and Im excited to see how far Curtis can go. A lot of promise in that guy.

CM Punk.......CM Punk.....Where do I begin? It looked like a guy who works on computers and never played a sport in his life was put in the octagon. I really question the amount of time and the training he got for this fight. My expectations were very low and he managed to be even worse that what I was expecting. Jackson is a clown though, he tried to be mr cool and ended up just looking corny beating up on a completely outmatched opponent. Also is no one going to mention the Black Power tattoo?

Tuivasa Arlovski was a solid fight, Andrei took some shots from Tai and kept going. Got to tip my hat to Arlovski, truly one of the grittiest veterans weve ever seen. The guy has gone on some tough losing streaks but always bouncing back, nothing but heart from that guy. Hes fought the whos who of Heavyweights his whole career and still going. I thought the fight was closer than what the judges scored but I think Tai did enough to secure the victory without controversy.

Holm vs Anderson was a one sided beatdown and loved every second of it. Megan is a big girl but was severely outclassed by Holly despite having a good weight/reach advantage. Holly worked the ground game to perfection and got a great W. You could see how much it meant to Holly to get that win and the support from the crowd. Great moment.

Covington and Dos Nachos.....I think it would be false to say Colby didnt get into the mind of RDA. The guy sprinted out to the ring like a guy getting his car towed. Colbys relentless pressure mixed with strikes and takedowns completely stifled anything RDA had to offer. Rafael had a spark in the 4th I believe when he caught a takedown or two but besides that it was Colby pressing forward, throwing shots, keeping RDA on his backfoot and clinching/securing takedowns. Say what you want about Colby but hes shown hes an elite WW. Also wasnt afraid to stand and trade with RDA either. Hes not afraid to take risks.
I cannot wait for the Colby/Twood fight.

Whittaker Romero.....I passed out in the first round unfortunately. Not because of boredom but because I was just tired as shhhh. Sadly from what Ive seen people are praising the fight but also I see a lot of people saying Romero got robbed or it should have been a draw. Anyone that wants to fill me in on that fight, feel free.

Overall a great card, got a couple filler cards with up and comers then UFC 226 is stacked to the brim.

I can't stand son but i like Colby chances of beating Woodley after that performance :smh:

If Colby beats Woodley watch my man GSP come back out of semi retirement again :pimp::lol:

CM Punk aside the card was awesome. It was much needed.

Have a feeling race and a lot of racial issues will be a part of the Woodley vs Colby buildup

Woodley has threatened Trump before and is outspoken about social injustice

Colby said he'd slap NFL players for kneeling for social injustice

At first it'll start out as Anti Trump vs Pro Trump, then eventually turn racial

I'm here for it, it will be intense imo

Back
Top Bottom