The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

They lucky that they don’t have to fight in order to pay the bills. Are they teaching bjj classes and making guap?

Throw in the factv hat the diaz bros arent wreckless spenders or provide for an entourage

Excuse my ignorance but let me get this straight.

Leslies opponent missed weight, she declines the fight and got paid her show and win money.

It was the last fight on her contract and they chose to let her go.

Now shes trying to sue them?

Yea I'm thinking she doesn't really have a case here.

I'll def be watching that Bellator card instead of 224 lol. I think Nunes is a highly skilled fighter but she just doesn't have headliner appeal.

This also seems to go against everything she was preaching before that event as well.

I saw her on the MMA Hour and she was saying how she wanted to form a union that doesnt "attack" the UFC and tries to work with them unlike the other attempts by other groups.

Now she gets dropped by the UFC and starts a go fund me to sue them.

When has Dana ever just given free money away? They clearly didn’t want her using their platform to make noise about unionizing.

Shes a 10-7 fighter that no one pays to see, UFC has let go of much bigger names and better fighters.They dont gain anything by having Leslie Smith on the roster.

If they dont want to re sign you then they dont want to re sign you is the way I look at it.

It just seems to me like she was all about it then didnt get resigned and pretty much said screw I just have to look out for myself now and try to sue the UFC.

People complain about the UFC and praise Bellator (not saying you are) and it just makes me laugh, these guys get paid well and its ultimately up to you how much money youre really going to make.

Not everyone is making 500k a fight but not everyone is a 500k asset either.

All these fighters claim they love it and theyd do it for free blah blah blah they love the sport blah blah blah but then they complain when they get tens of thousands for a couple days of media and 15-25 mins in the cage just because they see McGregor making millions because he makes the company millions.

These low tier fighters should be thanking these stars and the legends that came before them that they even make what they make.

If they dont like what theyre getting from the UFC then go try another company or change professions if you seek something else.

Dern has left MMA Lab, whoa

“In relation with the Lab, after my last fight, Coach [John] Crouch, he just invited me to leave the team,” Dern said. “I think really we don’t have a 100-percent understanding. I think he knows his decisions more than me. I think with just the consistency, he wanted me to be there more often than what I was, but everything happens for a reason.”

Dern, 25, said she is currently training in the Los Angeles area with Checkmat and Leo Vieira for jiu-jitsu and Blackhouse for striking.

Crouch said in a statement that Dern was “struggling” going back and forth from Arizona to California and he advised her she should just train there.

“She was struggling to make it back and forth to Arizona, and I thought it was better that she just set up her camp in California, where she really enjoys being,” Crouch said.

“I wish her the best. I know she’s going to do great in her jiu-jitsu career and in her MMA career, and we’ll be cheering for her.”

Your rant is all over the place. I couldn't even tell you who Leslie Smith was before this incident. But it does look funny when you put under a microscope. On the very same card where Kevin Lee missed weight, Edison Barboza wasn't just given show plus win money and then was told that fulfilled his fight obligations yet this young lady was. And the only reason why is because of her talks of unionizing.

Your rant is all over the place. I couldn't even tell you who Leslie Smith was before this incident. But it does look funny when you put under a microscope. On the very same card where Kevin Lee missed weight, Edison Barboza wasn't just given show plus win money and then was told that fulfilled his fight obligations yet this young lady was. And the only reason why is because of her talks of unionizing.

Thats because Edson accepted the fight, Leslie declined the fight so they gave her show and win money and told her to kick rocks.

Ray Borg getting sued by his old management, yikes. Quite the few weeks

From the sounds of it, he seems ****** too. His lawyer aint even have a strong sounding explanation lol

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/5/...fraud-breach-of-contract-stolen-trade-secrets

Borg left Fit NHB in 2016 for crosstown rival gym JacksonWink MMA in Albuquerque. Wild Bunch alleges that Borg violated a non-compete clause in his contract that he would not instruct people in martial arts within a 50-mile radius of Fit NHB until one year after the termination of his contract.

“The material breaches of the Fighter Management Agreement and Covenant Not to Compete have subjected Wild Bunch Managament LLC immediate and irreparable injury and financial harm,” Baughman writes in the complaint.

Wild Bunch is seeking “actual, incidental, consequential and punitive damages” from Borg, plus double the damages for revealing the company’s trade secrets and attorney costs.

Bowles told MMA Fighting that he sees a “reach” in Wild Bunch’s claims.

“I think what’s going on is Ray switched gyms, he wanted to be successful,” Bowles said. “He did become successful. And they don’t have a claim to that income, based on his trying to better himself. I know they want the money. That gym doesn’t do as well as JacksonWink, so they’re gonna want to take from fighters that do pretty well.”

“I don’t see a claim,” Bowles said. “I see a reach with this one. … I don’t think there was a solid contract, like they’re saying. But we’re gonna have to vet that out.”

They’re coming for that money Borg will try to get suing McNugget for the NYC shenanigans.

"revealing the company’s trade secrets"

Its not like they have some special secret MMA fighter recipe to churn out a perfect fighter. :lol:

Last edited:
I feel for Borg man, I admit Im not a fan but damn.

Gets **** on by entire MMA audience for not fighting, has a child that has to go through multiple brain surgeries, now getting sued by his former gym.

Yeesh.

Back
Top Bottom