The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Chill lol it's just my opinion, much like the WNBA

Of course there can be terrible men's fights, but literally I have no interest in any mma women's matchup. Just not intriguing nor entertaining to me

Khabibg went from the #14 ranked Pound for Pound fighter to #8 :rofl:

Leaped over TWood, Cucoy, Cyborg, Cody No Love, Whitaker & AmandaNunes

Hollow Champion. Hollow Ranking. What A Joke

With the exceptions of Woodley and Whittaker, there’s nothing wrong here. You might be able to make an argument about Ferguson, but Nunes and Necktat are definitley not on Khabib’s level.

Women's mma is awful their fights just waste spots on main cards

Finally somebody else agrees.

Sexist Van Goat!

We’ve sat through equally as terrible bouts from the men.

Women’s MMA will never be anywhere close to men’s MMA at a base level. Women aren’t built for combat sports. Calling out boring fights isn’t a good argument. Woodley/Wonderboy fights were boring outside of few moments, but you can’t argue any women are on their level.

Dudes get cut quick even when they are legitimately good fighters, but you got fighters like Kailin Curran getting cut years after proving to be a bust. Jessica Eye deserves to be cut yet she’s still around calling for a title shot. Women’s mma is trash.

I don't enjoy women's mma- skill level isn't there overall, no depth, not in the least entertaining

I don't enjoy the 125 men's division- highly skilled and technical, just doesn't translate to entertainment

Calling out boring fights isn’t a good argument. Woodley/Wonderboy fights were boring outside of few moments, but you can’t argue any women are on their level.

I think that is a good argument. Unfortunately because of the maturity of WMMA the skill isn't there for the most part. But there are several that are exciting and technically sound....just MOST of the divisions are filled with lack luster skill fighters which speaks to VVGs take that there's 'no depth'. Objectively speaking that's a very true statement. With that said, of course they are in over their head against any weight class' champion, but I think there are a couple women who will give certain a problem.

I don't enjoy the 125 men's division- highly skilled and technical, just doesn't translate to entertainment
I personally find that technicality and speed to be very entertaining. But I'm also a smaller guy in IRL so the LW and under divisions tend to be my favorites as a whole. I think the biggest factor at smaller WCs is the stigma that they are less likely to produce a brutal KO.

I think they also suffer the same issues that WMMA suffers in having a much smaller pool of talent to pull from.

Could we attribute that stigma to speed of attacks?

the biggest star is someone that abused steroids and couldn't make weight anymore. so they end up creating a new division and fed her anyone willing to take the beating :lol:

they need to trim the fat. also, get rid of 125 and 135 mens division. not trying see the little guys scrap. when the ref is towering over the combatants :lol:
like the womens division, there just isnt that many talented fighters out there.

With the exceptions of Woodley and Whittaker, there’s nothing wrong here. You might be able to make an argument about Ferguson, but Nunes and Necktat are definitley not on Khabib’s

Beating Al Iquanta shouldn’t be justification to move him up 6 spots on the Pound 4 Pound list.

So if the next guy who fights Raging Al & finishes him, he should be afforded the same respect, right?

bec rawlings might be the most trash fighter i’ve seen, plus she’s ugly. No reason she should be in the ufc or even be allowed to be a pro fighter.

I still can't believe this LW division..

Conor, Tony, and Khabib have held a belt without fighting each other.
The last time the LW Belt was defended was when Pettis fought Melendez in 2015.

Pettis the real LW goat!? Joking but this current situation is a mess. Plus if Conor decides not to fight Khabib later this year we could get Khabib defending against the likes of Alvarez, Lee, Poirier or someone else since it appears Tony won't be back til next year.

I still can't believe this LW division..

Conor, Tony, and Khabib have held a belt without fighting each other.
The last time the LW Belt was defended was when Pettis fought Melendez in 2015.
That was Dos Anjos vs Cerrone in 2015 but I see what you’re saying.
Bendo is the lightweight goat with 3 title defenses. Wish he would’ve stayed in the ufc.

You guys are wild talking about getting rid of the 135, 125 and wmma :lol:. I would say 135 is more entertaining than 205 is. Other than Dc and Gus that division is :sick:. Heavyweight right now :sick:

Beating Al Iquanta shouldn’t be justification to move him up 6 spots on the Pound 4 Pound list.

So if the next guy who fights Raging Al & finishes him, he should be afforded the same respect, right?

For beating Al, no. For winning the title while they strip Ferguson, arguably yes.

bec rawlings might be the most trash fighter i’ve seen, plus she’s ugly. No reason she should be in the ufc or even be allowed to be a pro fighter.

Her versus Evans-Smith was like a war for trashiest pile of woman in the UFC.

You guys are wild talking about getting rid of the 135, 125 and wmma :lol:. I would say 135 is more entertaining than 205 is. Other than Dc and Gus that division is :sick:. Heavyweight right now :sick:

Agreed. It’s similar to the casual boxing audience that only cares about heavyweights. Typically the lighter the weight the faster the pace of the fight. Not to mention there are always little guys that have KO power an can starch an opponent just as dramatically as a heavyweight can.

Can’t wait for the inevitable RDA injury and CM Punk replacing him in the Interim Title Match! #AndNew :pimp:

That was Dos Anjos vs Cerrone in 2015 but I see what you’re saying.
Bendo is the lightweight goat with 3 title defenses. Wish he would’ve stayed in the ufc.

Good call. I completely forgot about Dos Anjos v Cerrone. That was a freakin' Fox card. His next title fight was on fight pass. They really didn't want to show any love to RDA. They even pulled him out of Brazil for his bs "title fight" w Colby.

I dont think its crazy to say get rid of some womens divisions

The divisions arnt so meaningful to the women because a) like 4 of them in the whole sport have anything close to what could be considered KO power and b) not too many have good top/ride games

Once upon a time Dana said never for the women... the sport was more popular then *shrugs*

Ppl dont care about womens sports. And im not eem mad

The only women's fights that should be on PPV are title fights

Mighty Mouse division needs to be scrapped tho

The only women's fights that should be on PPV are title fights

Mighty Mouse division needs to be scrapped tho
Yup, women's mma can stay but keep them on undercards if anything

Holm vs Anderson supposed to be newsworthy? Nah, keep that **** on the undercard

Nobody cares about 125 tbh and they got lucky Mighty Mouse became as dominant as he did or else there'd be no storyline at all with that. It became will Mighty Mouse lose type deal

Back
Top Bottom