The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Tony vs Dustin/Gaejthe or Alvarez or Nate

Plentiful contenders at 155

Plentiful guys even below like Lee, Edson, Chisea, Vick, Iaquinta can still make a come back

So y’all only care about fight metrics if it fits your agenda?

Both girls rocked each other with head shots at different points of the fight. Both were hitting air in addition to landing.

I honestly don’t care for either fighter, both have cringeworthy personalities. But everybody acting like Rose our on a masterclass is trippin’.

Dana flipping the script on Conor is trash. Hoping the athletic commissions and civil suits ruin Conor’s life.
My dude, I would think you have a higher IQ when it comes to scoring system and fights. I mean you have boxer as a tag for Christ sakes.

How many times in competative boxing have I seen boxers land more and still be outclassed and out pointed.

This is especially true in ametures and Olympic boxing matches. If the punches aren't solid **** don't count.

Tony vs Dustin/Gaejthe or Alvarez or Nate

Plentiful contenders at 155

Plentiful guys even below like Lee, Edson, Chisea, Vick, Iaquinta can still make a come back

I don’t know who Alvarez is waiting for to fight that last match on his current contract

Diaz is having more fun using his fingers to tweet instead of grapple

Ferguson already smoked Lee & Barbosa.

One thing no one is really talking about is that the weakest takedown defense move in history stymied Khabib 3 times ...

Also, the fact that I walk around at the same height and weight as Khabib is scary AF ... So weird how you can train your way to such a different body composition ... I'm eating doritos watching the masters lazy as hell ...

I don’t know who Alvarez is waiting for to fight that last match on his current contract

Diaz is having more fun using his fingers to tweet instead of grapple

Ferguson already smoked Lee & Barbosa.
Oh yeah Tony for sure only needs to fight the guys in the first line

The other dudes I mean to highlight the depth of the division

Eddie waiting on some sort of money fight but really nobody gives two ****s about him

My dude, I would think you have a higher IQ when it comes to scoring system and fights. I mean you have boxer as a tag for Christ sakes.

How many times in competative boxing have I seen boxers land more and still be outclassed and out pointed.

This is especially true in ametures and Olympic boxing matches. If the punches aren't solid **** don't count.

You’re argument is essentially calling out bad boxing decisions where they award the fight to the wrong person. Dudes with pillow hands still win decisions against a lot of power punchers, but often times judges in love with “power” get it wrong. Judges suck, everybody knows that.

Rewatch the fight without UFC commentators riding Rose and see if you still maintain your position.

I should stop, neither of these girls have punching power anyway. Women’s mma is trash and will continue to be trash.

Who would you match Cucoy up with next?

If Dana’s really not going to book him vs. Khabib, he should get the winner of Poirier/Gaethje

I’m cool with that. Give Khabib Alvarez.

Feel like Al could beat Khabib in a rematch with maybe two fights and Longo/Serra with a real fight camp to address the grappling.

You’re argument is essentially calling out bad boxing decisions where they award the fight to the wrong person. Dudes with pillow hands still win decisions against a lot of power punchers, but often times judges in love with “power” get it wrong. Judges suck, everybody knows that.

Rewatch the fight without UFC commentators riding Rose and see if you still maintain your position.

I should stop, neither of these girls have punching power anyway. Women’s mma is trash and will continue to be trash.
Who said I was rewarding bad decisions. Just because I see box landing metrics and see one opponent landed more, doesn't equate to then winning the fight . Same goes for olympic boxing. Punches have to he clean and BTW I did watch The fight twice and twice I was fighting myself to give JJ one round .... It was a no brainer.

You really couldn’t give JJ a single round? Bruh, let’s not talk about fight scoring IQ.

We can agree to disagree.

You really couldn’t give JJ a single round? Bruh, let’s not talk about fight scoring IQ.

We can agree to disagree.
I can see an argument for round 3 and maybe 4. And thats arguably. Obviously all three judges that are certified and have been doing this for way longer than you and I score the fight 4 - 1 ...

I came on here before the fight and said 5 - 0 but I give her a round because I know what the were going to do and true enough .. Lol you the only dude that still fighting to say she won. Lol

Didn't watch the card but sounds like I didn't miss much

But hearing about Al taking Khabib 5 rounds makes it even more disappointing that Tony had to pull out. I feel like Conor either catches him with a knockout punch or get ground and pounded for 5 rounds, but Tony would've made for a crazy fight.

Ah well, Khabib Conor might not be a more interesting technical matchup but the buildup, especially after this bus ****, is gonna be insane. Dana trying to play it straight but I know he's hyped as **** Conor did what he did

Khabib didn’t beat anyone in the top five. Ferguson would’ve been that person. I don’t see Ferguson, Pettis, Cowboy, Diaz, Alvarez (key), Porier, McGregor, Lee, Gaethje, etc in his resume. UFC was in a tough spot. They had to have the fight. But let’s not pretend that he didn’t get the title gifted

RDA was top 5 when Khabib manhandled him.

RDA was top 5 when Khabib manhandled him.
That was pre-cyborg RDA and that fight was on the prelims of a free card 4 years ago

It's a good win but not exactly the RDA we know today, I believe it was before RDA started training at Kings

Not sure what that has to do with anything, he was still ranked Top 5 and still got manhandled.

He got destroyed so bad that he fled to a new gym and started eating HGH pancakes, :lol:

Not sure what that has to do with anything, he was still ranked Top 5 and still got manhandled.

He got destroyed so bad that he fled to a new gym and started eating HGH pancakes, :lol:
I'm just pointing out the context, who was the top 5 at that time?

2 top 5 wins in 4 years, none were the #1 or even 2 or even 3 contenders

What context?

He said he didn't beat any Top 5 fighters, I was just pointing out that he has.

Now it's he hasn't beaten anyone in the Top 3?

C'mon, man, :lol:

I just looked up that card, UFC on Fox 11:

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-on-Fox-11-Werdum-vs-Browne-35107

Seems like that might have been before the rankings?

And honestly, RDA deserves the LW title right now more than Khabib lol. After that loss, he trashed Bendo, Cowboy, Diaz, Pettis. They were all top 5 contenders. He lost against Ferguson and Alvarez. All Top LW contenders.

I wish Khabib the best of luck. Hopefully, he remains active and can fight top 5 contenders. I feel like Alvarez, Ferguson and possibly Lee are good matchups. Justin not so much. Conor better get Dillon Danis, Ben Askren and GSP in a serious camp.

Screenshot_20180408-211240.jpg

Rousey so wack she don't even have an original gimmick ...

RP14462-WWE-Rowdy-Roddy-Piper.jpg

What context?

He said he didn't beat any Top 5 fighters, I was just pointing out that he has.

Now it's he hasn't beaten anyone in the Top 3?

C'mon, man, :lol:
That's fine, I'm not arguing with you I'm simply providing facts. If you can't handle that it's fine

No he hasn't beaten any top 3 opponent. Another fact

He's not the undisputed champ in my opinion. Fact is he is the "champ", not arguing that, again pointing out facts and simply giving my opinion

I am a huge fan of khabib but I don't feel like he has earned the belt just like I felt that tony didn't earn it. In fact I don't believe conor earned his title shot either but at least he beat the undisputed champ

We could go round and round on this. We could say Max and Khabib aren’t the undisputed since they didn’t beat Connor.

But I’ll give Max credit, he beat Llamas, Pettis, Aldo, Swanson, Oliveri and Stephens on his way to the title. Besides Frankie and Ortega (and a suspended Mendes), Max has cleaned out the division.

Khabib isn’t on the pound for pound list. Real talk.

That's fine, I'm not arguing with you I'm simply providing facts. If you can't handle that it's fine

No he hasn't beaten any top 3 opponent. Another fact

He's not the undisputed champ in my opinion. Fact is he is the "champ", not arguing that, again pointing out facts and simply giving my opinion

I am a huge fan of khabib but I don't feel like he has earned the belt just like I felt that tony didn't earn it. In fact I don't believe conor earned his title shot either but at least he beat the undisputed champ

Again, you're saying a whole lot of nothing.

I was just pointing out that Khabib has beaten Top 5 fighters, because he said he hasn't.

Then you turn around and say "Well, they weren't Top 3. Facts, bro!"

:lol:

You not viewing him as the real champ means nothing, you're a name on a message board.

Last time I checked he has the belt around his waist.

Back
Top Bottom