The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Stop

The division does need to move forward and the fact that Conor hasn't defended messes things up. It could have been all clear if Tony isn't an idiot but here we are

All 3 of them have claims to it but if you want to recognize Khabib as the undisputed champ I won't complain. I just disagree for obvious reasons

Bringing Whittaker into the topic is just extremely negligent

I’m sorry. Those are major apples to oranges.

Yoel beat TWO former champs, Weidman and Rockhold. He lost a decision to Whittaker. Bisping was ducking him. He beat Jacare in a decision. He is a legit contender. He’s slated to fight Whitaker again.

Khabib didn’t beat anyone in the top five. Ferguson would’ve been that person. I don’t see Ferguson, Pettis, Cowboy, Diaz, Alvarez (key), Porier, McGregor, Lee, Gaethje, etc in his resume. UFC was in a tough spot. They had to have the fight. But let’s not pretend that he didn’t get the title gifted

the only reason whittaker has official claim to the belt is because the previous REAL belt holder gracefully gave it up

they could have made khabib's match last night for another "interim" title but no one wanted that nonsense and the ufc sure as hell wasnt going to wait again for tony to fight khabib for the "official" belt

the previous owner refuses to defend and the interim champ couldn't defend

all of a sudden "gifting" title shots is a problem?

the division had to move forward and you would have seen pettis or alvarez on his resume if they could have fought

why do i feel like people here would have been more accepting had he fought max

GSP himself NEVER deserved a title shot with Bisping in the first place. But since Dana doesn't care about anything it was allowed

GSP don't want any of Whittaker's problems. He "gracefully" made the smart choice

GSP don't even want Khabib's problems, he's ALREADY ducking Khabib saying he's not interested in fighting Khabib at 155 because "Khabib has unfinished business"

Get outta here GSP nobody cares about your boring ***

As far as Max, I already said he really didn't deserve to fight for the 155 belt since he has 0 fights at 155

However, at least he's the champ at 145 and he'd beaten Aldo not once but twice. I mean it wouldn't have been ideal for that to be the title fight but it would have been infinitely times better than Iaquinta, who bless his heart saved the main event

I am actually borderline mad at people hyping Khabib now ... I get it, dude is an animal ... But he hasn't done anything in my opinion ... He hasn't beaten a single top tier opponent in a single division, let alone an Aldo and Alvarez ... Not saying he wouldn't, but miss me with this undisputed talk ... And after last night, I'm not convinced he wouldn't have lost to Max ...

As for the Rose fight, give me a break ... JJ couldn't do anything but throw kicks ... Kicks that looked worse than they were given Rose handedly won round 5 ... JJ looked like Rocky after 12 rounds ... You don't supplant a champion with leg kicks ... The stats don't matter when you consider the damage inflicted was entirely one-sided given the after fight state of the fighters ...

I agree with you fam but Khabib did beat Edson, that's an impressive win. Johnson was also a good gatekeeper win

Other than that you're right, undisputed is just not accurate IMO

khabib been hyped, how the hell you gonna go 26-0 and not be hyped

the hell are people talking about he hasnt beat a top opponent, barbosa ranked over everyone except tony, eddie, and cokehead

We all know he would, but the fact is he didn't. It's no fault of his, but it is what it is

I can't call the guy the undisputed champ for beating Edson and Al Iaquinta

If Tony and Khabib went at it we all most likely agree that the winner is undisputed. It would be **** Conor

But that didn't happen and now I have to bring Conor back into the picture thanks to jackass Tony

Khabib will hold his "belt" and is "champ", however we as informed folk will continue to put " " around belt and champ in association with Khabib

Khabib has the "belt"
Khabib is "champ"

So y’all only care about fight metrics if it fits your agenda?

Both girls rocked each other with head shots at different points of the fight. Both were hitting air in addition to landing.

I honestly don’t care for either fighter, both have cringeworthy personalities. But everybody acting like Rose our on a masterclass is trippin’.

Dana flipping the script on Conor is trash. Hoping the athletic commissions and civil suits ruin Conor’s life.

I'm not going into the hyped or not route.

The way I see it, if you won a belt that was stripped from an UFC that's still active, meaning not retired, you aren't no damn champ.

If the belt was vacant because someone outgrew their weight class or retired. Then is a difference ...

DC is a champ because Jones has issues, but he is no damn champ.

Khabib is a champ but never beat the champ which is in fact still active in the UFC. He is no damn champ.

Etc etc.

So y’all only care about fight metrics if it fits your agenda?

Both girls rocked each other with head shots at different points of the fight. Both were hitting air in addition to landing.

I honestly don’t care for either fighter, both have cringeworthy personalities. But everybody acting like Rose our on a masterclass is trippin’.

Dana flipping the script on Conor is trash. Hoping the athletic commissions and civil suits ruin Conor’s life.
Eh, I didn't see Rose get rocked as much as I did JJ

The stats show that JJ landed more to the leg and Rose more to the head, overall JJ had more strikes but it was extremely close by the numbers

Depends on what you think of leg strikes compared to head strikes. Legs are bigger targets and also I didn't see Rose stumble or slow down due to JJ's leg kicks

I saw JJ get staggered at least 3 times by head strikes

khabib fight was booring TBH

was not impressed he could not finish Iquinta, dood was loading up with the right so hard lol looked like a caveman walking around out there and was still able to hold up 5 rounds.

Khabibs corner kept calling for the finish between rounds, khabib just couldn't get it.

155 belt does feel empty, will need to see khabib fight tony, alvarez, conor to make it legit.

LOL @ JJ....bihhhhh look at your face.

Who would you match Cucoy up with next?

If Dana’s really not going to book him vs. Khabib, he should get the winner of Poirier/Gaethje

Back
Top Bottom