The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

If Max wins its not as big as an upset as if Tony had won I dont believe.

blessed is basically Tony with better striking and slightly worse jitsu

Cant seenit happenng though. Hes too light in the tail to do anything about that monster if he gets mounted

Watch Khabib miss weight and only Max being eligible for the belt (again).

This is exactly like Anderson Silva stepping in on 4 days notice to fight DC at a higher weight class. AND it'll play out the same way with Max having some success on the feet before inevitably being taken down.

Watch Khabib miss weight and only Max being eligible for the belt (again).

This is exactly like Anderson Silva stepping in on 4 days notice to fight DC at a higher weight class. AND it'll play out the same way with Max having some success on the feet before inevitably being taken down.
This is the way I see it playing out as well. Hope I'm wrong though as a Max fan. Still in disbelief Tony got hurt like he did.

in this case khabib is a horrible matchup for anyone then haha

Max imo if healthy and in shape is actually a great matchup for khabib for all the reasons I said in a previous post

You want an agile complete technical striker with good take down defense and an elite gas tank
Kinda like Edson Barboza??

Like Edson Max needs room to get off. Khabib will not grant it to him and don't see how he can work around that. Khabib doesnt have to respect his power either so i dont see how he keeps it on the feet long enough to accumulate enough damage to win.

Last edited:
So, basically Tony got stripped of the interim title due to injury, and Conor is still the LW champ until Saturday?

Dana gives NO ******* clarification when it comes to the status of Conor and the LW title.

It ain't wrong. It ain't right either.

But I suppose if Conor is getting stripped as well, it makes sense.

The whole Max taking the fight short notice and off an injury that I thought he said would have him back in July thing irks me though when you make this the "official" fight for the title.

But I guess there aren't many other options at this point.

The whole Max taking the fight short notice and off an injury that I thought he said would have him back in July thing irks me though when you make this the "official" fight for the title.

The crazy thing about for me, I contacted someone yesterday for tickets. I was suppose to get back to him today for official qty. As soon as news broke, he hit me up talking about he would discount them ...

I'm good.

Kinda like Edson Barboza??

Like Edson Max needs room to get off. Khabib will not grant it to him and don't see how he can work around that. Khabib doesnt have to respect his power either so i dont see how he keeps it on the feet long enough to accumulate enough damage to win.
No not like Edson barboza who is a 1 dimensional striker, who is suceptible to take downs when he uses his kicks. I said complete technical striker, barboza doesn't fit the bill

His chin is also horrible

You don't think max has respectable power? I disagree with you on that and I fully believe khabib will need to respect it short notice or not. Precision and being technical also help, which max has in abundance

No not like Edson barboza who is a 1 dimensional striker, who is suceptible to take downs when he uses his kicks. I said complete technical striker, barboza doesn't fit the bill

You don't think max has respectable power? I disagree with you on that and I fully believe khabib will need to respect it short notice or not. Precision and being technical also help, which max has in abundance

I

I think Edson's too good to be labelled one dimensional. He's beaten too many good fighters standing. That being said he has been cooked numerous times by pressure.

Max can hurt people at 145 but he's not scary (Conor, Jeremy Stephens)

If this was anyone but Khabib at LW i'd give him a shot but what does Max offer that Khabib hasn't already dealt with at 155??

You're

I think Edson's too good to be labelled one dimensional. He's beaten too many good fighters standing. That being said he has been cooked numerous times by pressure.

Max can hurt people at 145 but he's not scary (Conor, Jeremy Stephens)

If this was anyone but Khabib at LW i'd give him a shot.
Edsons improved his boxing under Marc Henry but his kicks are his bread and butter

Max has every trick in the book standing

His boxing might not be as quick as johnsons but he's more technical and precise which can make up for the size difference

I don't think max has scary power by any means but he has solid power and his precision makes it even more "powerful"

I get it he has long odds but imo his skill set is nothing like barbozas

Edsons improved his boxing under Marc Henry but his kicks are his bread and butter

Max has every trick in the book standing

His boxing might not be as quick as johnsons but he's more technical and precise which can make up for the size difference

I don't think max has scary power by any means but he has solid power and his precision makes it even more "powerful"

I get it he has long odds but imo his skill set is nothing like barbozas

Max definitely has better overall stand up than Edson and MJ but to the degree where it will stop him from getting put on his back??

That's all that matters really with Khabib.

Honestly i'd give Brian Ortega a better chance of pulling an upset.

Stripping Conor and Tony makes perfect sense.

Interim belts shouldn’t exist to begin with. The though of unifying titles in a single division of the UFC is a joke too. Unifying belts is for cross-promotional bouts featuring the champs of either promotion/organization battling it out.

If a champ is healthy to fight and doesn’t fight, they should lose their belt. They shouldn’t be allowed to dictate the terms and cause worthless titles to be created for show.

Max definitely has better overall stand up than Edson and MJ but to the degree where it will stop him from getting put on his back??

That's all that matters really with Khabib.

Honestly i'd give Brian Ortega a better chance of pulling an upset.
I'm not mad at that opinion

Ortega seems to be as legit as they come and he's HUGE

Wish max got a full camp but I honestly have faith in the guy to put on a better fight than the others on no notice

Stripping Conor and Tony makes perfect sense.

Interim belts shouldn’t exist to begin with. The though of unifying titles in a single division of the UFC is a joke too. Unifying belts is for cross-promotional bouts featuring the champs of either promotion/organization battling it out.

If a champ is healthy to fight and doesn’t fight, they should lose their belt. They shouldn’t be allowed to dictate the terms and cause worthless titles to be created for show.
At this point in time theres no need for interim

Strip that belt from tony and conor should be stripped for being inactive for this long

They ought to make Tony the #1 contender and Conor #2 while stripping them both.

Conor may have won the legit belt from Eddie, but his reluctance to fight is unacceptable.

Yeah it's one of those it is what it is scensrios

We don't want anymore interim belts and conor shouldn't have the real belt

So here we are lol smh, **** show caused by Dana

Back
Top Bottom