The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I feel like Max will be at a major disadvantage.

Didn't Cormier say Khabib throws around LHWs?

I was starting to feel like Max could pull it off then remembered he got injured last month and had to step out of his fight with Edgar.

Not as hyped anymore :smh:

are u ****ing kidding me? how long do we really have to wait for these two guys to fight?
Wasn't hyped for this fight for this exact reason

Knew it wasn't gonna happen

Never getting hyped for this fight again unless I see them in the cage and they're both still in their primes. They're both jack asses

It will be interesting to see how Max's take down defense holds up at a higher weight class, especially against the division's elite of the elite grappler

"i dont need to finish people, i maul them" - khabib :frown:

Last edited:
Max is a huge under dog. Going up against a beast of a grappler in Khabib.

But he’s a true HaYn. True warrior. Little risk big reward for him.

Max has started fighting so much more intelligently lately, he's really become a technician

With no camp of course the game planning might be rushed at best

as much as I like tony, i think the one thing he lacks is IQ/game planning. He's real wild in there and puts himself in dangerous situations. It's what makes him so fun to watch but still a reason why I'd give an edge to khabib

With max I believe if he can survive the early rounds of pressure he has a great chance of giving khabib a great fight. I thought the same thing about tony. Tony wanted to go to the ground which if he was telling the truth I'm not sure that's the smartest game plan

Granted max hasn't ever faced a grappler like khabib, I can't recall seeing max taken down in a long time

the problem is that all of khabib's opponents "survive", it's the same thing every single round, and by the final round, you can see that look of hopelessness in their faces

maybe max is different, but we'll see on saturday

max got way mo of a chance than yall giving him

khabib on a weeks notice is tough for ANYONE though

watch max ko khalabeeb and become danas new bestie :wow:

the problem is that all of khabib's opponents "survive", it's the same thing every single round, and by the final round, you can see that look of hopelessness in their faces

maybe max is different, but we'll see on saturday
This is true however I will counter with two things:

1. Max is a slow starter which is highly problematic amongst his other challenges however when he gets his engine started it's not been able to turn off and he starts firing off like crazy

2. Outside of rda (which when they fought it was on an undercard 4 years ago) Khabib hasn't fought any one as good as the current version of Holloway imo. Of course no camp and 6 days notice we don't know what kind of shape he's in but my statement stands

Barboza is probably the best kicker in the division but he's 1 dimensional striker

Johnson has amazing cardio and a solid chin with good wrestling however his striking is lacking and he still was able to touch khabib. Of course khabib had ring rust but still

Max is a complete striker, smart, cardio for days, granite chin and agile

I dunno.

A week’s notice.

He’s going up a weight class against someone who has had issues making weight in that division before.

Said person has never looked bad in a UFC fight except a few striking exchanges.

Khabib strategy hasn’t and won’t change. He might be the best wrestler in the UFC.

And again, I've repeatedly criticized Coker, the point of the discussion wasn't Bellator. It was if Coker would do a much improved job with the UFC over Dana

Coker is doing what he can with Bellator. It's not perfect but he's done plenty to improve it

Well now. My original comment was that Bellator was an Ish Show.

Under Rebney, they had an identity with their tournaments. They also had some stars Zuffa tried to cherry pick.

Viacom came and bought it after their relationship soured with Zuffa. Ousted Rebney, and put Coker in his place. The tournament model went away. They lost key talent like Brooks, Alvarez, Askren, etc.

With the model changed, they shifted to the freak show and past their prime model. There isn’t enough depth or name power in their roster for them to compete using the UFC model. See HW tournament. Francis could probably wash that whole bracket.

With Zuffa PPV numbers down, their tv contract in question, no major stars beside Connor, the time to capitalize is now.

Strikeforce was a legit competitor to UFC. Their HW division was probably deeper than the UFCs during the Grandprix.

When we think about it, UFC swallowed up SF and WEC to get the roster they did in the early 2010s.

All I’m saying is Coker/Bellator should be going after the top talent in PFL, One, Ryzin, Europe and Brazil leagues before the UFC. I recognize they have up and coming prospects and have acquired some Zuffa talent like Yawn Davis, Boring Bader, Mousasi, and Rory.

Askren is out there. Bibiano Fernandes. The chick from One.

Again not a indictment. But their 200 card is meh. It’s not even a PPV. Just a tape delayed card with b tier fighters.

Stylistically this is horrible for Max. Even is he was in shape.

Just like with DC vs Anderson I'm sure Dana gonna give Khabib a lil extra to take it easy on Max :nerd:

No takedowns till the last 2 mins of the round type deal :lol:

Stylistically this is horrible for Max. Even is he was in shape.

Just like with DC vs Anderson I'm sure Dana gonna give Khabib a lil extra to take it easy on Max :nerd:

No takedowns till the last 2 mins of the round type deal :lol:
in this case khabib is a horrible matchup for anyone then haha

Max imo if healthy and in shape is actually a great matchup for khabib for all the reasons I said in a previous post

You want an agile complete technical striker with good take down defense and an elite gas tank

Back
Top Bottom