The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Max is an animal but he’s not stupid.

I think the 170 request was strictly to save him cutting weight. Son is looking thick :lol:

Plus you're essentially letting khabib not go through his draining weight cut week of the fight

He'd be able to come in to the cage more refreshed and with more energy

So savage

khabib -470
max +375

it opened with even bigger odds. lot of money put on max with those returns

Plus you're essentially letting khabib not go through his draining weight cut week of the fight

He'd be able to come in to the cage more refreshed and with more energy

So savage

Definitely insane to give Khabib that pass in regards to the contest but for Max’s stock I think asking for 170 is smart.

Presuming he loses (on super short notice), taking an L at 170 would be a better look than at 155. A division I imagine he wishes to progress to.

Kind of like Conor insisting on fighting Nate at 170.

Max is about his paper though. He’d probably fight at HW if the money was right :pimp:

Definitely insane to give Khabib that pass in regards to the contest but for Max’s stock I think asking for 170 is smart.

Presuming he loses (on super short notice), taking an L at 170 would be a better look than at 155. A division I imagine he wishes to progress to.

Kind of like Conor insisting on fighting Nate at 170.

Max is about his paper though. He’d probably fight at HW if the money was right :pimp:
That's a good point as well, in essence though max has nothing to lose .. huge win win odds for him

He gets credit for stepping in and not expected to win.. but if he does pull it off ...

I think 170 would honestly be a guaranteed win for khabib imo, you gotta make him go through that tough weight cut and hope it takes a lot out of him

Weird they didn’t want to just do catch weight but they love “title” fights.

Such a farce.

I mean you can’t fault management for that. Regular single matches just don’t sell PPVs thus the entire Interim Title phenomenon.

Guys like you and I would tune in regardless to see Max cs. Khabib as fans of the sports. But the casuals won’t be as receptive but once you throw the title gimmick into play it’s an easier sell

Khabib was going into a title fight, supposedly undisputed , he's still able to fight

The title should still be on the line

With tony and khabib both screwing up so many times I'm not sad or mad if Tony's fake belt is stripped and he loses his title shot

I still can't believe this is not an April Fool's Joke...But, does anyone knows what will happen with Max - Ortega fight? I thought that was supposed to be in July for international fight week.

Just read more of khabibs comments he was expecting poirer, Alvarez, chisea, felder etc

Poirer fights next week it would have been cool to see him get the shot

As much as I like max he doesn't deserve it more than say Poirier or Alvarez. Hasn't even taken a single fight at 155, it really doesn't make any sense especially considering Poirier is already in shape

But I like max and i think he would give khabib a harder match than Poirier even with no camp

Why is Dana offering Ortega the fight lmaoooo

So illogical

If he first offered the actual lightweight contenders the match, and they declined, ok I get it offer max and then maybe Ortega

Back
Top Bottom