The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Colby awfully quiet after his Mike Perry tweet... Not jumping in on Kamaru or Till's twitter... Has Colby beaten anybody good??? Maia 3 months after Woodley probably it... I think Colby only has a shot vs RDA in the Top 7

Just here to drop this quote from The Blessed One on the term 'washed' etc etc

Max 'Leave No Turn Un-Stoned' Holloway said:
“Me and Frankie still got unfinished business,” Everyone is talking about Frankie and Aldo like they’re two dead guys. They say, ‘Too washed up.’ They’re still animals. They’ve been at the top of the heap. They’ve been top-five, top-three in any division they were in, forever. People keep talking about how these guys are old; we’ll see. You can’t speak on it yet. It’s a couple losses. It’s MMA. You get caught.”

“Frankie, Aldo, these guys are not dead, they’re mid-30s and they’re fighting. People act like Frankie and Aldo are not the top-three guys. They’re still ranked in the top-three with Ortega”

“Come on, guys. Let’s be serious, let’s be real. These guys are not dead, they’re not gone. They’re still around. We’ll see what happens. But right now, the path is going a different way for me with Ortega and I’m focused.”

Valid assessment by the Champ. Now if Stephens and Swanson takes Josie and Frankie out respectedly then you can start seeing them as gate keepers

That's such ********! Woodley already said he'd be ready to go by July. Meanwhile, Conor been holding onto a belt for almost 2 yrs.​

all these boring *** fighters trying to avoid one another and hoping they get their red panty

all these boring *** fighters trying to avoid one another and hoping they get their red panty
So true, not a huge twood fan but find it dumb they're not willing to have him defend cone July/August. Happy we at least have champs like Max who want to defend as much as possible against the top contenders regardless of name.

Looks like there's talks of Ponzibino vs Magny for Chile on May 19

They just can't get Usman an opponent

Division is just stacked

Colvingtons a dude where, yeah he may be trash talking for show but I wouldn't mind hearing about him being snuffed out in a street fight

I'm guessing they want Covington-RDA as an interim so it can be 5 rounds as the wbw title is the main event. Still kind of lame though. I'm hoping RDA can shut Colby down.

Also cannot wait for that Thompson-Till bout. We should know alot about Till after this fight, whether he's a legit contender or a pretender. Also hoping WB doesn't try and be all conservative this go round.

Can't deny there's something extra going on with Dana treatment of woodley

Whether it's racial or whatever it's just crazy

He hasn't defended in 8 months, if it was over a year I get it

The man defended 3 times in the span of 8 months

That's legit insane

dana definitely holds grudges and really flexing on woodley. it's a pride and ego thing for guys in power position

Can't deny there's something extra going on with Dana treatment of woodley

Whether it's racial or whatever it's just crazy

He hasn't defended in 8 months, if it was over a year I get it

The man defended 3 times in the span of 8 months

That's legit insane

Bruh, THIS! **** is baffling. The dude won the title and defended 3times in about 12 mon.

He's had 3 'boring' fights, but any excitement in those fights was created by Woodley.

I like Maia, but he faced off against Matrix Anderson, and we got the same result.

The most frustrating part is if the UFC/Dana lined him up someone in the Top3. He'd take the fight with no complaints and do his job once he's done with his recovery.

Back
Top Bottom