The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Chael is the best and is usually spot on when not talking about himself... Nothing was better than when Lewis KO'd him and called him out.

Most of the media still kisses her fat, ugly butt which is unfortunate. They ignore her terrible attitude and her being a very sore loser. That fat, blonde lady on espn stays hyped about her being a pro wrestler now and other reporters still claim her as a role model. Even wwe is labeling her as “the baddest woman on the planet” which is laughable since she gets her face used as a punching bag.

I loathe Ronda.
I really wish she'd get in the ring with Cyborg so she could get washed one more time.

135_Ronda_Rousey_vs_Holly_Holm.0.0.0.jpg

Most of the media still kisses her fat, ugly butt which is unfortunate. They ignore her terrible attitude and her being a very sore loser. That fat, blonde lady on espn stays hyped about her being a pro wrestler now and other reporters still claim her as a role model. Even wwe is labeling her as “the baddest woman on the planet” which is laughable since she gets her face used as a punching bag.

tenor.gif

Wish I could rep this more than once

Ronda was never a great personality to begin with. She had an exciting fighting style (12 straight finishes is impressive), was ok looking and her undefeated record made her seem better than she was. The game caught up to her when she faced Holly and Nunes. She needs to learn to take it on the chin and be humble, just about every mma fighter will suffer some L's, it's just nature of the sport. She's not a great speaker and her acting ability is sub par so i can see her WWE persona getting old fast.

Body is ready for that fight..

Wonderboy really got no other options huh? Feel like he has WAY too much to lose in this fight

This. All of it
Well after drawing and losing to T Wood I'm sure he's not gonna be in the title picture this year with the RDA/Colby winner likely fighting T Wood late summer/early fall. It was prob either Till, Usman or maybe Ponz. He likely needs to get some exciting finishes or dominating decisions before he sniffs another shot. I'd say he's at least two victories (this coming fight included) away from his next shot.

I'm just glad the WW division seems to be on track again after all the back and fourth and guys not wanting certain match-ups it seemed.

Wonderboy was going to be forced to take a fight or two before getting a title shot, despite coming off a win against Jorge

That win got him back on track, but with how things have shaped up, the opponents left are up and comers like jay mentioned above. Just how it panned out

Can't wait around, the title picture is not going to clear up until maybe 2019

Wonderboy was going to be forced to take a fight or two before getting a title shot, despite coming off a win against Jorge

That win got him back on track, but with how things have shaped up, the opponents left are up and comers like jay mentioned above. Just how it panned out

Can't wait around, the title picture is not going to clear up until maybe 2019
you guys make valid points.. just felt like till would have to fight someone like Jorge first or even Maia.

looks like fox is leaning towards not renewing their deal with ufc. going to be interesting if any other network will pick them up

Yeah, seems like they, the UFC, made some bad choices to grow the sport that could have long-term implications. The Fox deal didn’t help either side. Too many cards.

A few years back mma fans and ufc people swore the ufc (not really the sport of mma) would keep growing and become one of the major sports. Welp.

Was the golden age of mma when Pride and the ufc were both doing well? Not as mainstream as now but I remember there beibg more excitement and more fighters to be fans of.

Inevitably it's always going to be compared to boxing and in that space I don't think it'll ever reach the mainstreams consciousness like boxing did

If boxing was/is barely accepted as a major sport it seems like a difficult road for mma to become one

Like I said though if anyone can make anything into propaganda it's espn. If somehow they become partners it could be interesting

You gotta have stars or try to make some to draw, which they are heavily lacking.

Btw, doesnt disney still own espn and are actually trying to cut costs when it comes to that? Dis just merged with fox, so they basically couldve just renewed they wanted to keep ufc?

Lpoking back, Ferttitas and dana robbed wme blind

Tony shaved his face and looks like he got his eyebrows groomed. He does look quite a bit different.

Back
Top Bottom