The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Like dude said, Dana or the company are punishing TJ for not taking the Cody rematch to save 222 (or whatever that card was).

I really wish they’d toss these money fight promoters and start infusing some life in some divisions like female FW, LHW, HW.

There's just no intrigue at 125 for me anymore

It's not even a "I'm going to watch the DJ fight just to see if he loses" type thing, it's just literally apathy

Division is just not appealing unfortunately

there never was any intrigue. you had one great fighter with no personality and very little star power. only thing they sold us on was he was dominant but dj never pushed himself at the next weight class for anyone to care
at this point, you'd have to put dj and tj on an undercard or fox cause if that was a main event ppv... :lol:

Yeah, not sure how they would sell that as a superfight since neither is a big draw.

I’d say Cyborg is a bigger draw smh.

And D.J. Is comfortable. No need to move up and try to rematch Dominic Cruz or try his mettle w Cody or TJ.

All of that ish doesn’t matter. The only thing that does is Khabib/Ferguson.

So they are going to force feed TJ into fighting Cody again? I think its too soon for that rematch, make Cody get another win or 2 first. I know I'm in the minority but I've been a fan of DJ's and it sucks they aren't making the TJ fight for now. I do agree DJ should move up though not sure why he's so keen on keeping the FL belt that no one really cares about.

Does anybody really know what Dana is thinking??? Talks a bunch of noise about Cyborg/Nunes is the fight to make then a week later puts Nunes/Rocky on a card... He is so hot and cold on stuff it really isn't worth trying to get into that bald head...

Whoa, UFC gonna have their first ever event in Liverpool, Darren Till to headline against an unnamed opponent which will happen in May. Originally it was supposed to be a card in Dublin

For years people have been claiming that the crowd in Liverpool would be the wildest in the world

:nerd:

These UFC cards for the next two months are beyond trash :lol:

Granted, I'm of the opinion that MMA as a whole is definitely in a bit of a holding pattern and that marquee matchups and compelling depth are both lacking at the moment

It'll be really interesting to see how lucrative the UFC and Bellator can remain in 2018. I'm also curious as to how the UFC performed in 2017?

At the very least there are definitely interesting youngsters out there in MMA, it's just a matter of them finding that it factor

Just a random thought, remember affliction pre-fight gear?

:lol:

Also I listened to that Joe Rogan podcast with Yoel Romero, kinda interesting.

werdum got put to sleep :smh: happy to see volkov get the dub though

I just saw the KO not the entire fight, but was Werdum looking good in there?

Man is 40 years old, sheesh and will be 41 in August

These UFC cards for the next two months are beyond trash :lol:

Granted, I'm of the opinion that MMA as a whole is definitely in a bit of a holding pattern and that marquee matchups and compelling depth are both lacking at the moment

It'll be really interesting to see how lucrative the UFC and Bellator can remain in 2018. I'm also curious as to how the UFC performed in 2017?

At the very least there are definitely interesting youngsters out there in MMA, it's just a matter of them finding that it factor

Yup hate to say it but I’m pretty much a casual fan at this point :ohwell:

sucks but this happens in every sport. new generations of athletes and such. New fighters, too many cards, and the base talent level dropping all contributed. Overall the talent level in mma is way higher but there’s too many “nobodies” in the ufc now. Kind of contradicting myself but I think it makes sense

I saw pretty much every card from ufc 94 up to Cain/Werdum and I’ve been falling off since. Conor stealing Aldo’s soul was the turning point :lol: and now my guy Werdum is done :smh: Another one bites the dust

2006-2014 was the best era :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Honestly Conor doesn't even close to make up for the void I'm feeling about the sport

Hate being this down but it's just how it is. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to stay watching most Bellator cards and all UFC cards (except today's which was beyond trash) just not with the same vigor

Same reason that's supposedly claimed why McGregor hasn't been officially stripped of the title yet, moment fight starts and the title is off him.

Same reason that's supposedly claimed why McGregor hasn't been officially stripped of the title yet, moment fight starts and the title is off him.
Yeah I actually don't even blame Dana for this one lmaooo

The whole lead up was so trash though of him not confirming or denying that conor was stripped hahahahhaa

I have a feeling the Liverpool card will be on par with the Ireland card they had when conor fought brandao

That was one of the wildest crowds I've ever seen, electric af

Back
Top Bottom