The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

He really does... Listening to JRE with David Goggins, he kept talking about how he was in HS and I kept thinking of Schaub on JREs... He really doesn't like to go against Joe and eventually sides with him.

i think he knows joe would have him beat in a debate even if joe was arguing something way off. schaub isnt the brightest but at least he knows who to kiss up to

Nah match Stephens up with Josie Aldo
You may get your wish

Aldo said that the UFC originally approached him with the idea of fighting in April, but it would be too soon for him to get back in action. With the company returning to Rio de Janeiro for UFC 224, Aldo wants a featherweight clash with Stephens.

“I asked to fight him, he asked to fight me, so it will be a great fight,” Aldo said. “I’m waiting for them to set it up.”

You may get your wish

Aldo said that the UFC originally approached him with the idea of fighting in April, but it would be too soon for him to get back in action. With the company returning to Rio de Janeiro for UFC 224, Aldo wants a featherweight clash with Stephens.

“I asked to fight him, he asked to fight me, so it will be a great fight,” Aldo said. “I’m waiting for them to set it up.”

It just made the most sense. Stephens is on a nice little win streak and nice a big win over a name would make him an actual title contender.

And at the time Max was paired up with Frankie. Ortega was waiting dor the winner. So that only left Josie Waldo and Cub Swanson, both coming off of losses. Josie name value is still potent so a convincing win over him would put Stephens next in line for a title shot. And if Josie wins along with Ortega then you a fresh title fight there as well.

Plus I won’t be surprised if Edgar/Swanson 2 gets booked in the upcoming weeks. Both of them are 1 solid win away from being right back in contention.

Korean Zombie was an option unless he's still not ready to come back from his injury

Stephens will do nicely especially if there's no other options, Swanson being a free agent probably plays a part against an Aldo rematch just because Dana is probably low balling him since he came off a loss

I know rankings don’t mean AS much as they used to but once you reach Top 5 you should only look to fight someone ranked above you.

Zombie is at 7 and even if Stephens beat him, Stephens would still need to take out Ortega, Aldo or Edgar to make himself #1 Contender. So why not turn a 2 fight journey into just 1.

I know rankings don’t mean AS much as they used to but once you reach Top 5 you should only look to fight someone ranked above you.

Zombie is at 7 and even if Stephens beat him, Stephens would still need to take out Ortega, Aldo or Edgar to make himself #1 Contender. So why not turn a 2 fight journey into just 1.

Ehh I think if Stephens wins his next fight against a top 10 guy, regardless of who it is, he gets winner of Holloway/Ortega. The Aldo fight would definitely make his case that much stronger though. Hoping that gets added to the 224 card. The Rankings are a joke imo.

Also, assuming Nunes makes short work with Pennington I could see them angling for that July card against Cyborg.

Jose's chin has been weakened... Stephens stands there and waits to connect on a big shot... If he does, he starches Jose... I would love to see the fight... Would be a fun standup fight... Karolina and Felice is a fun fight for me on paper... Should be some fun striking in that one too.

Dillon danis will make his mma bellator debut

I heard Gary tonnen was also making his mma debut with another org

Floyd will start training with woodley in mma

Whittaker vs Romero is official for June UFC 225 in Chicago

Weidman left wondering what he did to be out of the picture while Gastelum is set to fight Jacare

Weidman ate a knee to the face from Romero

I'd rather see Weidman vs Rockhold than Bisping vs. Rockhold

Reports are Weidman is still recovering from his thumb surgery, and isn't even back to able to do any punching yet. Probably not booked because its still unsure when he will be fit.

Ahh good call, I just saw that he commented that he would have loved to fight Jacare but his thumb is still recovering

He said he wants to return in the summer should be interesting to see who's available to match up by that time

Back
Top Bottom