The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Uriah hall makes sense

Yoel and rockhold could be a sad ending to Silvas career. I don't want to see that

Yoel and rockhold should fight if anything, probably not for the interim belt though

If Yoel wants an interim belt he needs to fight a contender on a win streak

Could Conor even box without Dana's approval?

Either way, Dana knows what's best for business. He's gonna cash in on this and still keep good relations with Conor if or when he returns to MMA to continue to milk him 

No sense in standing in Conor's way when you're going to benefit

Dana will just make more interim belts at Lightweight, he'll let Conor keep his belt for promotional reasons. They only stripped the 145 because Conor already had 155 to fall back on
Depends on the contract. In terms of no compete, do they mean no competing in other MMA organizations only? Or does that mean any combat sports in general. 

Cats do BJJ tourneys all the time but I know they still need special permission from Dana. 

Depends on the contract. In terms of no compete, do they mean no competing in other MMA organizations only? Or does that mean any combat sports in general. 

Cats do BJJ tourneys all the time but I know they still need special permission from Dana. 
I'm thinking it had to be in the contract. Especially with the promotion a boxing match would command, I can't imagine it being OK for one of his biggest stars to make money that much money for another promotion without Dana's consent

Grappling tourneys are one thing, boxing is a completely different animal

Last edited:
Very true. But it's a win for the UFC if they let him fight Floyd because it will just bring more exposure to the UFC. 

Less than 10 minutes left for the weigh ins and neither Rumble or Cormier have showed up.

Last edited:
And Cormier loses his title on the scales, weighed in at 206.2lbs.

Rumble still a no show with 2 minutes to go.

That loser was talking real slick about Bones too only to miss weight :smh:

Last edited:
Nevermind, somehow he weighed in again at 205. Suspect as hell because he was naked the first time.

Rumble weighed in at 203.8.

I expect there to be some talk about the scale.

Last edited:
I have no doubt they'll say it's up to the state athletic commission and that it was within 5 minutes.

There's a lot of talk about Cormier pushing down on the towel for the second weigh in. Folks are trying to say the guys holding the towel held firm to allow Cormier to push and make the limit. Seems a little unlikely.

It is interesting that the amount Cormier magically lost is the exact amount Rumble was under by, 1.2lbs.

Just rewatched, OK what the hell is going on? How did DC lose that weight in the span of a few minutes, he weighed in naked both times 
roll.gif

The crowd reaction when DC made weight 
roll.gif
the applause was loud as hell

Headliners made weight at the buzzer 
laugh.gif

Seems real weird but who cares the fight needs to take place lol. Is there no second attempt allowed in all states or just NY? I'm a lil confused on that

Somehow, though, Cormier came back just 2:24 later and weighed in at 205, losing 1.2 pounds in that short amount of time. Cormier put his hands on the towel while on the scale and appeared to put some of his weight on it, though it’s unclear if it affected the reading. He needed the towel, because he stripped down to attempt to make the weight.

The New York State Athletic Commission (NYSAC) considered the weight valid. Typically, in the early weigh-in format the UFC started last year fighters are not given a second attempt to weigh-in.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/4/7...nds-in-2-24-in-controversial-ufc-210-weigh-in

Last edited:
The NYSAC said a second weigh in within 2 hours is an option for those who missed weight in a TITLE fight only. Guess the NYSAC plays by their own rules.

Weird why Rumble weighed in so late when he was 1.2 pounds under. Maybe he wanted the fight anyway and knew DC was having trouble. I believe its in NY where you have to be within a certain percentage of weight to each other for the catchweight to happen, or the fight would be cancelled like Cerrone?

The NYSAC said a second weigh in within 2 hours is an option for those who missed weight in a TITLE fight only. Guess the NYSAC plays by their own rules.

Weird why Rumble weighed in so late when he was 1.2 pounds under. Maybe he wanted the fight anyway and knew DC was having trouble. I believe its in NY where you have to be within a certain percentage of weight to each other for the catchweight to happen, or the fight would be cancelled like Cerrone?
Yes, on the second statement. This is why Cerrone should have weighed in after Gastelum

There should be unlimited amount of re-trys if there's only a 2 hour limit anyway IMO. For any fight, whether it's title or non-title

Can't commissions play by their own rules though? NY commission seemed extra stingy on everything when MMA made its debut there. Would like to see them relax 

Last edited:
Looks like the NYSAC said F it, let him do it again. Bout to lose so much money without the title fight on such a light card.

Maybe Daniel just went and dropped a 1.2 lb deuce.

Bruh.

How does a dehydrated fighter take an 1:nerd:z dump in 2 minutes and 24 seconds time total. He would either have to have been prairie dogging while he weighed in naked or he's loose as all get out.

Back
Top Bottom