The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Jacare is a nightmare for anybody if it hits the mat and Lyoto was juicing most of his career.

Edit: Remember, he did submit Jacare the first time they fought as well. Out of 6 losses in 49 fights, he's beaten two of the guys he lost to whether prior to the loss or avenging it.
Yea with the logjam at MW I could see them setting up Jacare/Mousasi 3 later in the year if they both win their next fights.

Middleweight division is too crazy smh

You got multiple guys who deserve a shot yet 99% of them are gonna get screwed because of the Gsp thing. These guys are gonna end up taking extra fights against each other, it's unfortunate

Jacare is a nightmare for anybody if it hits the mat and Lyoto was juicing most of his career.

Edit: Remember, he did submit Jacare the first time they fought as well. Out of 6 losses in 49 fights, he's beaten two of the guys he lost to whether prior to the loss or avenging it.

who submitted Jacare?

???

I definitely suspected he might be on something when he first dropped to middleweight and looked ripped out of his mind (which also coincided with when he fought Mousasi), but his whole career though? That's a bold assertion

my son gegard bout to put the nail in the coffin for weedmans finally

:lol: I will definitely be rooting for Gegard

Last edited:
I accepted a while back that most if not all the big names took some sort of enhancement in their careers... kinda sad but it's just the reality

Conor seeing this boxing thing all the way through. Don't think any MMA fight interests him at all right now and at this point he can pick and choose his opponents. MMA is funner when he's in the scrum

Pre-UFC and maybe early UFC Lyoto definitely wasn't juicing, but there was a clear change in his body and performance while he was in the UFC. I don't think drinking urine is what made the difference either.

View media item 2393887
View media item 2393893
View media item 2393895
Edit: I did say most of his career, not his whole career.

I thought he was juicing when he first came to 185 but I'm not so sure now. He was definitely a fat bastard when he fought BJ but that was 12 years ago, and he was still soft around the middle fighting at 205, but he still had a decent level of muscle where going from his 205 to his 185 shape wasn't out of the question at all either:

View media item 2393957

Him and Lorenz Larkin basically did the same thing where they gradually stopped being fatasses and worked down to a better and more appropriate fighting weight. AND, technically he popped for an over the counter fat burner (7-KETO-DHEA), not a real steroid, and I think I read somewhere that it was actually legal at some point?

The only reason I thought he was on something was because the difference in physique between his Moussasi/Weidman fights and his Rockhold fight was very visible, but all of those fights technically happened pre USADA so it's not like he had to hop off the juice before he fought Rockhold. And even with the change in physique, it wasn't Vitor before and after TRT type change. Or Overeem. Hard to really say for sure that dude is a cheat, or even how long he was on it, if he was.

But regardless, a prime Weidman got a decision over that same version of Machida that Gegard lost to, so his record against the two still does carry a little weight

I just thought about it too, there hasn't been another UFC weight class with as many steroid issues around the top guys than 185. Chael, Hendo, Vitor, Marquadt, Wanderlei, Lombard, Romero, Machida, Anderson. They haven't had a top 5 in years that didn't have at least 1 or 2 suspect dudes in it.

U really should do fact checks before u make accusations #alternativefacts

Any proof of lyoto juicing ? I think not

Last edited:
U really should do fact checks before u make accusations #alternativefacts

Any proof of lyoto juicing ? I think not

Calm down, buddy. He's a Brazilian fighter that went from sloppy to ripped while in his thirties. And like somebody else said, 95% of these dudes have used PEDs at some point. Usage is just more obvious with some as opposed to others.

Look at how many times Josh Barnett pissed hot while rocking the baby Huey look.

khabib-tiramisu.jpg

:nerd:

Calm down, buddy. He's a Brazilian fighter that went from sloppy to ripped while in his thirties. And like somebody else said, 95% of these dudes have used PEDs at some point. Usage is just more obvious with some as opposed to others.

Look at how many times Josh Barnett pissed hot while rocking the baby Huey look.

Don't know what makes u think I'm not calm but anyways machida did not get popped for taking PEDs, like I said do ur research on the matter and you'll see what actually happened

Last edited:
Dana's comments yesterday:

“Conor McGregor’s having a baby right now. After his girlfriend delivers her baby, we’ll start working on this deal,” White said.

“I am [working on it]. The money that’s involved in this thing — listen, does it make a bunch of sense for my business? No. But Conor has been a guy who has stepped up in times of need here, in big fights when an opponent fell out, so I want to do this for Conor. I want him to be able to make this kind of money.

“I think we’re actually there [on terms with McGregor],” White added. “I think we’re in a good place. I just need to get together with him and finalize some stuff, and then it’s on to Mayweather. ”

“No, I don’t like the idea of it opening up a bunch of different crossover fights,” White said. “My guys saying they want to fight that guy and other boxers saying they want to fight this guy, no. This is gonna be a one-and-done.”

And there you have it, McGregor will not fight in the UFC during 2017 unless it's some kind of cross promotion that features a fight with Mayweather.

It's either Dana and the UFC get in on the pie or the train leaves the station without them. Either way, Conorgon fight mayweather

How do you guys feel about other mma fighters on that same card fighting against boxers?

I think they should let it happen. Might as well, it's already a ish show. It would make for a more interesting card imo.

Back
Top Bottom