The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Yea might as well throw some other boxers vs mma fighters on that card. I know Roy Jones keeps talking about wanting to box an mma fighter. He's more than washed but would still be interesting to see him get in the ring with someone. Either of the Diaz brothers would be perfect for this but I can't see them accepting for less than say 20 mil lol.

Well hopefully May tries to actually KO him instead of his defensive minded boxing he's used for some time.

Now becomes the question of the LW belt, does the UFC allow Conor to hold it hostage or do they strip him like the FW strap? I'm hoping for the ladder but would not be surprised if they let him hold it and try setting up another interim fight somewhere between July-Sept.

It's either Dana and the UFC get in on the pie or the train leaves the station without them. Either way, Conorgon fight mayweather

Basically. Dana out here trying to act magnanimous. Pretty sure his lawyers let him know he ain't stopping this fight, otherwise he would've been talking waaayyy different.

Rizin still has mixed rules cards as well.
Was about to mention this as well.

But this card had boxing, mma, AND wrestling. : http://www.mmamania.com/2016/3/20/1...s-live-updates-boxing-wrestling-grappling-mma

The event can only be viewed online for a price of $11.99 at URshow.tv.

MMAmania.com will provide LIVE matches coverage of UR Fight 2016 this evening, which is slated to begin promptly at 9 p.m. ET via online PPV.

UR Fight 2016 QUICK RESULTS:

MMA fight: Shannon Ritch def. Mavrick Harvey via submission (rear-naked choke) in round 1

Grappling match: Chael Sonnen and Michael Bisping compete to a draw

Wrestling match: Rey Mysterio defeats Kurt Angle

Roy Jones Jr. knocks out Vyron Philips in round two

LOL at that "UR Fight" event having four different styles in one event. Plus you had Chael-Bisping end up a draw smh.

That next Rizin event could be an interesting watch, will spike be airing it?

It's either Dana and the UFC get in on the pie or the train leaves the station without them. Either way, Conorgon fight mayweather
Could Conor even box without Dana's approval?

Either way, Dana knows what's best for business. He's gonna cash in on this and still keep good relations with Conor if or when he returns to MMA to continue to milk him 

No sense in standing in Conor's way when you're going to benefit

Dana will just make more interim belts at Lightweight, he'll let Conor keep his belt for promotional reasons. They only stripped the 145 because Conor already had 155 to fall back on

Last edited:

LOL at that "UR Fight" event having four different styles in one event. Plus you had Chael-Bisping end up a draw smh.

That next Rizin event could be an interesting watch, will spike be airing it?
no its online only.

i don't think conor can make that move due to the champion's clause.

Mousasi is hilarious bro. When he talks about Buffalo Wings 
roll.gif

Last edited:
Gastelum tested positive for weed, in competition testing...

Ufc the smallest hurdle for Connor may, the real hurdle is both of thems egos...fight won't happen.

Hmm, who can they put against Anderson now... I guess I would suggest Vitor or Hall even though both are on 3 fight losing streaks

SMH at Gastelum being sidelined. Too bad Hendricks is already booked, that could be a potentially good matchup. What's been up with Rockhold? Is he returning anytime soon? Does seem like many decent at MW for him considering most are booked at this time.

Johnny would lay down on Anderson for 15 minutes tbh

Put Anderson against a striker, let it be a show

Rockhold might put Anderson in the hospital 

Dana's flip flopping should tell you all you need to know.

He went from "if he tries to go down that road, it will get ugly", to "I don't see why this fight won't happen", in about 6 weeks.

Damn what a shame, just let the kid smoke some weed its not like he's pissing hot for performance enhancers. 

Trust me when I tell you, I love smoke as much as anyone. But if I knew I was getting tested at work, it'd be off limits.

After his fight with Cerrone fell through, now this, I'd honestly consider just letting him go.

Coker about to park the Brink's truck right in Gastelum's living room.

Trust me when I tell you, I love smoke as much as anyone. But if I knew I was getting tested at work, it'd be off limits.

After his fight with Cerrone fell through, now this, I'd honestly consider just letting him go.
Yeah, I hear you, I say the same thing when it comes to Josh Gordon in the NFL. I just hope the time is coming where these dudes can burn freely without getting pulled from fights.

Heard silva willing to fight Uriah hall. Not sure if I'm gonna buy tomorrow's card yet. I'm ready for 211 already

Back
Top Bottom