The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

If kg wins he's one fight away from a title shot IMO. But need to see him against jacare/rockhold/Romero type

Anderson's only way to win is via too much hespect from Kelvin.

I don't like this match up at all.. Comparing Silva's last performance to Kelvin's last one.. should be an easy win for KG.

As others have said I see Kelvin taking it to Silva early and often, probably outboxes him to a UD. Not a big fan of the fight either but hey most of the other MWs are booked and this fight has name recognition for Kelvin.

These legends vs young gun fights are really getting old though.

Looking at how stacked MW is, I guess I can't be too mad at this booking after further thought

There's no way Gastelum jumps the line if he beats Anderson, so taking on one more fight after that makes a lot of sense. Let Kelvin get in on all the fights he can while he's healthy, can't hate on making money

Not mad at it either. I think the UFC knows the guard needs to change so might as well get their young guys some shine by beating their older fighters.

Been happening in boxing for years. And kind of in most sports just by chance.

Last edited:
Anderson getting a title shot against GSP was already being floated as soon as the GSP/Bisping match was confirmed

It would have absolutely happened if GSP won. Now that Anderson (should) lose against Gastelum, we can avoid that nonsense

Last edited:
Anderson is washed, but man, him managing to beat Gastelum and then beating Bisping in a rematch to reclaim the title, then immediately retiring would be a great ending.

But at the very least I hope Gastelum doesn't knock him out :smh:

Leading up to UFC 199 who would've predicted the current state the MW title picture is in. I mean Bisping as champ was already improbable enough at this stage of his career. If only Anderson had truly finished him lol.

Jesus. His family is just genetically blessed

Wonder if this whole Gainz phase is rooted in the possibility of facing Rumble

Still think lanky Bones is the best Bones. All that mass can slow you down, make your movements stiffer and fatigue sets in faster. We'll see I guess, hopefully

Jones might be the most genetically blessed fighter ever. If only he wasn't about that coke and party life, he would have already ran thru dc and rumble

Aldo says he's "done with the wars" and wants a KO

Welp

"F—k no. ******-t. Won’t take anything,” Aldo said during a scrum in Rio de Janeiro on Thursday. "He’s just another one who will try, and he doesn’t know how trained I am. I’m excited about this fight because of everything he said. That only motivated me every time he talked. You can be sure that he won’t take any kingdom here.”

"I’ll knock him out,” said Aldo, who defeated Frankie Edgar via decision last July. "I’m done with wars. I’ve been in many wars already. You can be sure that there’s a knockout coming."

"He’s in a good moment, has a good reach, his height is good,” Aldo said. "He has a good kickboxing, is not that good on the ground. He’s an athlete, I wouldn’t say complete, but does well everywhere. He doesn’t have heavy hands, is not a knockout artist, so you can be sure that I don’t see this danger that everyone else sees.

"I have to respect my opponent, always, doesn’t matter who he is, but I’ll get in there and win, that’s a fact."

Did this bum Vitor really just call out CM Punk for his retirement fight? They should just put him with Rumble when Cormier pulls out with an injury.

He wants to make sure he goes out on a W, hope he TRTs to gills for old time sake

We sure he wasn't being sarcastic, lol

Very interested to see Gunnar back in action against Jouban this Saturday. Gunnar only fought once in 2016, and twice in 2015

i think vitor was being funny
dana thinking it could be a big $ fight :wow:l
would love to see this :pimp:

vitor probably a wrestling fan and thought of cm punk since wrestlemania is in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom