The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I don't know how "legends" spending limited time on the ground and punching each other more is a good idea :lol:

That's just sad to me. Cte is real

Shogun may be fighting in one of the worst divisions but it's also sad that he won. If he's thrown in with any of mischa, Gus or glover it could be a very real problem for his health

Those 2 fights he had with henderson took years off his life. I feel like he took more damage in those fights than he ever did in pride and the rest of his ufc fights besides jones messing up his nose.

Has anyone heard shogun talk recently? I haven't

Does he sound like chuck and Hendo?

Those are the two dudes I think of for cte

Last edited:
The one thing that did surprise me is Shogun's hairline is finally doing the lean back and the back of his scalp is thinning.

Was nostalgic last night and watched a bunch of shogun's pride fights. So weird to see so much more fluid in his footwork and actually initiating take downs.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/3/1...partner-of-conor-mcgregor-signs-with-bellator

Look like Dillon Danis signed with Belator
nerd.gif
Yeah, the guy talks all this trash about being able to come right in and beat the best (Nate Diaz specifically) and then signs with Bellator. Lol

Not that I'm mad, I've mentioned his but Bellator has some of the most interesting young talent in the world. The article specifically mentions some names but is also missing a number of names as well.. 

Can't wait to see how the guy does, was wondering which weight he fights at.. WW is a loaded division in Bellator

Last edited:
He competes at middleweight in BJJ which is 181 including the gi.

He doesn't look very lean when he competes so he should have no issues getting down to 170.

Johnson, though, said he gets why Woodley would wonder about these things, why someone like Conor McGregor gets an incredible amount of promotion and Woodley can’t has a difficult time getting the UFC to promote him talking to under-privileged children or giving back to his community.

“As an athlete,” Johnson said, “you have to sit back and think like, ‘Why won’t they push my work? I’m an analyst, I’m a husband, I’m a father, I don’t do drugs. I never disrespected anybody on a big level. So why won’t they promote me, but they’ll promote this guy? … Do you think it’s because I’m black or is it because he’s white?’

“That’s where he’s coming from. I totally understand it, because as an athlete and as an African-American, you have to sit back and think about that.”

[/video

Last edited:
Happy to hear DJ say that

Ferguson is calling for Nate Diaz, he's ready to go. Nate probably like "nah homie". Hell of a fight that'd be

Last edited:

Happy to hear DJ say that

Ferguson is calling for Nate Diaz, he's ready to go. Nate probably like "nah homie". Hell of a fight that'd be
DJ did bring up some solid points during MMA hour.

Also I really don't see the Nate/Ferg fight happening as seems like it's Conor or nothing for Nate at this point and to a lesser extent Tony as well. However, if Conor is able to fight Mayweather later this year then the Nate/Conor fight is the only one to make as I don't think Khabib deserves a second chance so soon. Have Khabib fight Chiesa or winner of Alvarez/Poirier.

nate only wanna fight one guy for the rest of his career.

We've all pointed out before how the ufc saw white, blonde fighters as their golden tickets when they put a lot of promotion behind the irish fella, honda, sage, and paige.

Nate trying to make up for those 12K/12K contracts he was fighting on 
laugh.gif

As fun as the first two Conor/Nate fights were, can we please get some new match ups, Jesus 
laugh.gif
 I also still question if Dana really wants to give Nate the chance to become a champion. I'm not saying it'd be a bad thing for a Diaz brother to hold a belt, I just wonder what Dana's thinking

Tony should be the next opponent for either Nate or Conor

Last edited:
The Bravo/Bisping thing:

“Bisping is my friend,” Bravo told Rogan. “It’s like, you know when you’re arguing with your friends, there’s like, people were thinking, ‘Were they going to fight?’ Not for one second did I think a fight was gonna go down.

“You know, every time I talk about Michael Bisping or anyone else, they usually say he visibly improves from fight to fight. You can see it. You know, and I’m sure he’s sick of hearing that. I was talking about that. I was complimenting him but I can see how he thought that implied that he was sub-par at one point. So he was like, ‘I take offense to that, man. I was always a bad *** ever since The Ultimate Fighter show.’ And you know, I understand where he’s coming from,” Bravo said.

“We were arguing and he was getting kind of insulted. He was like, ‘I’m insulted when people say that.’ I’m like, ‘I’m sorry, I get it. I get it. I was trying to compliment you. I’m trying to say good things about you but I see how you could see . . .’ I should have kept my mouth shut.”

Bravo said that by the end of their argument, they squashed everything, especially since Bisping had quite a few drinks and didn’t remember their argument the next day.

“He didn’t even remember he blacked out though,” Bravo said. “He didn’t even remember. But we’re all good though. We’re all cool. He DM’d me on twitter said,

‘Dude, sorry about last night.’ I go, ‘Dude don’t event trip.’ You know, I should’ve kept my mouth shut.”

Gastelum vs Silva for UFC 212
Come onnnnnnn

Oh well, this should mean Silva won't have any chance of fighting for the MW title now. So that's a good thing I guess

If Gastelum wins it shouldn't elevate him past any of the other top MW's, but I'm sure it will in real life 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom