The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Because @ this point he's only hurting himself w/ the complaining.

Complains he's the worst treated champion and promoted poorly when DJ is one title defense from tying Anderson and he's fighting on FOX.

Calls out multiple fighters after a draw because he thinks he deserves a money fight.

Claims people don't like him because he's black when Jon Jones almost killed a pregnant woman and still gets cheered over good guy DC.

Proclaims himself the WW GOAT and said he would
leave no doubt as to who the better fighter was between him and Wonderboy in the rematch.

Does nothing for 24.5/25 minutes, many people think WB won, gets the decision and instead of taking his W and going home, he still finds more time to complain.

We've had enough, that's all.
giphy.gif

You still won't like him even if he doesn't say anything. Just don't pay attention when his name comes up. It's assinine to expect a grown man not to express his views on how he perceives he is being treated.

I hope he keeps running his mouth.

You still won't like him even if he doesn't say anything.

This isn't accurate because I never had an issue w/ him until after 205 when he thought he was entitled to a money fight after a draw.

In his last 4 fights he's had one convincing W.

Just keep your mouth shut and perform in the cage, you'll gain fans.

Also, there's a difference between running your mouth and crying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who made up these rules where he has to keep his mouth shut?

Where is he crying in this TMZ interview?

We aren't Tyron Woodley so we don't know how he truly feels in these situations. We can comment from an outsiders perspective. But it's ridiculous to not understand why he would take issue with Dana White's comments.

Dana thought he won the first fight, doesn't come out and say so.
Dana thought he lost the second fight, comes out anc says so.

What's the common denominator there? Mixed in with the fact that he already feels unfairly treated.

Few people in here and other MMA pundits commented on how odd it was for the commission to throw its judge under the bus and comment on the 10-8 round. But its an issue for Woodley to do the same?

This literally never happens and it does for his championship, of course he's going to feel even more slighted

As for the money fight issue, you sitting behind your keyboard just want these guys to fight for pennies but that's not realistic. When you get a chance to demand more money, you take it. Sports are the only place in the world where this seems to be an issue.

:lol:

He's the one crying about fan support, is he not?

He's the one that continues to do things that lose fan support, is he not?

He's hurting himself, what's so hard to understand?

Want them to fight for pennies? Where did I say this? Oh, that's right, I didn't.

He was coming off a draw, he was in no position to demand anything, :lol:

People want "money fights" when they aren't even draws themselves, it's comical.

I have no issues with woodley. He does come off a little extra but there's probably a reason for it

At the end of the day the truth behind his claims may not be 100% but where there's smoke there's fire. Dana does a horrible job promoting him but you can also say that they do a terrible job at promotion in general

Mma fans are quick to love or hate a fighter, it's been proven over and over again. Woodley never does himself any favors outside the ring with the way he expresses himself. Unfortunately this overshadows his great performances inside the ring because it seems like many fans forget his resume in he UFC

If only he could complain without whining he'd be a lot better off

Said it from day 1 they should go with Maia not wonderboy rematch even with the first being a draw. The first fight was not all that good despite them giving it the bs label of fight of the night

Last edited:

You can make anything true with a small sample size.

Thompson (1 exciting fight , 1 not so much) I'm counting this as one tbh.
Robbie (1st Rnd KO)
Gastelum (Split) Guy hasn't been a slouch since going into the TUF house
DHK (1st rnd KO)

Going further:
Rory (last loss Dec) The guy everyone crowned as the 'next' champ
Carlos (2nd Rnd TKO) and he was winning all areas of this fight
Kos (1st Rnd KO)

4/8 KOs. WTF are you guys watching G, how is this boring or not convincing? You make any claim with a small sample size. If I looked at chickens, penguins, and emu I could say birds don't fly. That doesn't make it true.

Lets be real WB didn't do anything to make it a convincing win either. Had he won would you be complaining tho?

Last edited:
If people werent so busy trying to find things to hate about him they would see that the guy does alot of good stuff, he just doesnt shove it in our faces.

Just sticking to mma related stuff and ignoring his community/charity work: Not taking Gastelums money. Helping the younger guys to reach the top even guys that probably are future possible opponents, guys like Perry and Sage. Masvidal even talked about not wanting to fight Woodley because he has helped him so much during his career by getting him the right connections, training etc.

The guy even agreed to lend his belt to Conor who had been calling him a ***** all week so he/the UFC could have that two belt moment.

I also loved the fact that Woodley publically gave Amanda Nunes so much support and confidence before the Ronda fight when the media/ufc/fans barely gave her any respect. He went public with his large bet on Nunes before that fight, and now knowing how the lack of respect for her actually affected Amanda Im sure it helped that Tyron made that statement.

He also said that Masvidal had the best boxing in the UFC when everyone were acting like Cowboy had already won that fight.

I dont think for a second that Woodley is talking about race and injustices to become a heel and sell more ppvs. Countless times he has showed us that he can act in other peoples interests and that he isnt just thinking about himself. Im sure he doesnt want to get all this hate but he is willing to take it for what he believes is right.

You can make anything true with a small sample

Thank you for agreeing w/ me.

This is a "what have you done for me lately" kinda sport. Unfortunately he hasn't performed that well in the past 2 years. GOAT WW, tho.

Why is it an issue for Woodley to express his feelings about these things?

because he's black

Is Aldo black, too? Because he's another one who needed to hush a long time ago.

Lets be real WB didn't do anything to make it a convincing win either. Had he won would you be complaining tho?

They both deserve L's for that "performance" because neither of them did anything during the fight, :lol:

Do I agree w/ the decision? No. Is it some big travesty? No. They both did jack **** and I don't really care who the judges decided to give a W in that situation and I can understand why they'd give it to the guy who's currently the champ.

Cuz he complained about everything after the first including the decision even tho it was set in stone and instead of focusing on the rematch and how to beat wonderboy he comes out and fights worse than the first time and then finds other things to complain about.

If he finished the fight or had a dominate performance would he have anything to complain about? Nor would we

Also Dana didn't think twood won the first fight so he's lying about that. Dana said he had it "2-2 going into the fifth...but I'm not a judge so who gives a **** what I think"

mark hunt has been complaining more than woodley but i've never seen any negative reaction from fans about it. Helps that hunt is a fan favorite.

Hunt has legs to stand on, I think almost everyone can agree

Last edited:
Thank you for agreeing w/ me.

You're welcome. I can point out bad statistics all day. :smokin

This is a "what have you done for me lately" kinda sport. Unfortunately he hasn't performed that well in the past 2 years. GOAT WW, tho.

But he just knocked the champ out cold less than 1 yr ago. The one everyone apparently loves so much. He also almost slept WB in both fights.

What did WB do? Or Robbie? Or Condit?

Is Aldo black, too? Because he's another one who needed to hush a long time ago.

Technically yes. I would consider many of Brazils fighters, especially those from the Favellas to be Afro-Latin. So yes, black. But we could just make it simple and say POC.

Heres a Sherdog post where they discuss it: :D
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/jacares-and-jose-aldos-ethnicity.3112555/

Do I agree w/ the decision? No. Is it some big travesty? No. They both did jack **** and I don't really care who the judges decided to give a W in that situation and I can understand why they'd give it to the guy who's currently the champ.

Then why are you complaining?

Yeah hunt is right in his complaining and attacks but in general fans get tired of complainers.

Oh, you're a troll.

My bad, I should've recognized that sooner.

Cuz he complained about everything after the first including the decision even tho it was set in stone and instead of focusing on the rematch and how to beat wonderboy he comes out and fights worse than the first time and then finds other things to complain about.

If he finished the fight or had a dominate performance would he have anything to complain about? Nor would we

Also Dana didn't think twood won the first fight so he's lying about that. Dana said he had it "2-2 going into the fifth...but I'm not a judge so who gives a **** what I think"

mark hunt has been complaining more than woodley but i've never seen any negative reaction from fans about it. Helps that hunt is a fan favorite.

Hunt has legs to stand on, I think almost everyone can agree

I like you.

Alvarez vs Poirier verbally agreed for UFC 211! Great matchup. This card is looking real solid.

Also hearing rumors about Ferguson/Khabib being rebooked for 210 potentially.

What's going on at 135 for the women? It's been very quiet down on those fronts. I'm surprised Nunes/Shevchenko isn't booked for the 212 card already.

Alvarez vs Poirier verbally agreed for UFC 211! Great matchup. This card is looking real solid.

Also hearing rumors about Ferguson/Khabib being rebooked for 210 potentially.

Isn't 210 in a month? Don't think Khabib can make that if he still needs to heal up and then cut weight again after rehydrating.

Isn't 210 in a month? Don't think Khabib can make that if he still needs to heal up and then cut weight again after rehydrating.
Yea does seem to be too soon for him to recover. Looking down the line I could see 212 as a potential scheduling though I'm not holding my breath.

Really would like to see Ferguson get the fight against Conor this summer or whenever he's thinking of returning in the year.

Back
Top Bottom