The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

UFC 209 pay, looks like Wonderboy had the potential to make more than Woodley, LOL, the disrespect is real. Hunto somehow pulled off getting paid the same as Reem

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/03/ufc-20...lds-potential-to-make-more-than-tyron-woodley

Woodley: 400K show, 100K if win

Wonderboy: 380K show, 180K if win

Overeem: 750K flat 

Hunt: 750K flat

Rashad: 135K show, 150K if win

Kelly: 27K show, 20K if win

Lando: 27K show, 27K if win

Teymur: 14K show, 14K if win

I don't know if anybody caught this when Buffer was reading the score cards for the main event, but he basically said who the winner was before saying..
He redthe first 48-47 Woodley, 47-47 draw. For the last he said and the winner, by majority decision... I already knew Woodley won. There was no mathematical way Thompson could win :lol:. Buffer and reading score cards :rofl:.

Last edited:
I don't know if anybody caught this when Buffer was reading the score cards for the main event, but he basically said who the winner was before saying..
He redthe first 48-47 Woodley, 47-47 draw. For the last he said and the winner, by majority decision... I already knew Woodley won. There was no mathematical way Thompson could win
laugh.gif
. Buffer and reading score cards
roll.gif
Yep, a few of us caught this on Saturday. Buffer did the same thing the first time they fought 
laugh.gif

Personally I scored the fight for Woodley. It was basically the same thing as the first fight, 1 takedown & 1 knockdown for Woodley, but Thompson didn't land 'good' shots IMO it was all love taps.

WB: 1 4
Woodley: 2* 3 5

* Rnd 2 is kind of a tossup to me. Neither of them did anything, but this round is when Woodley started punching WB in the chest and those strikes were more significant to me. He was the only one to land anything significant in my eyes. Octagon control only accounts for so much. You need to actively engage eventually.

Two counter strikers waiting to counter the other. It's a shame bc WB has the skillset to mimic Rory's dominant performance yet, he didn't. SMH

PRIDE scoring I have Woodley winning the first time and the second time. UFC scoring it gets murky, but if someone scored Woodley in the rematch I honestly can't really argue it

Wonderboy only has himself to blame and he admitted as such

Last edited:
Hunt got a lil slice of that Brock money.

He gone need it after dem knees he caught :smh:

Cody got TJ neck with the Dat mass face on :rofl:

#ScumbagDana wanted Tony Ferguson to take a paycut and that's why he turned down Michael Johnson as a replacement

Last edited:

He redthe first 48-47 Woodley, 47-47 draw. For the last he said and the winner, by majority decision... I already knew Woodley won. There was no mathematical way Thompson could win :lol: . Buffer and reading score cards :rofl: .
Yep, a few of us caught this on Saturday. Buffer did the same thing the first time they fought :lol:

Yup when I saw that.. :rofl:

-Maia too classy on Ariel's show 
mean.gif
 still hasn't been 100% confirmation that a win against Jorge will get him a title shot 

-Jorge says that his wrestling will repel Maia's BJJ

-Jorge says that the fight will not go to the 3rd round

-"Do you know who I am now? MFer?" what Jorge said to Cowboy in the cage

-Jorge says that Woodley is one of the last guys he'd like to fight since they trained extensively during Strikeforce but when it comes to the title, business is business 

-Jorge knows why Lawler left ATT but will not say the reason

-Eddie Alvarez was shocked that Nate Diaz turned a fight down since "Nate would always stare at me in lobbys and talk **** on me"

-Alvarez says that he wants to fight on the May card in Dallas, either against Tony or Poirier. He should have a fight scheduled within the next few days

If they gave Tony the belt, I could see him fighting Alvarez, but without it, I don't see him fighting anyone but conor, and he shouldn't have to

Tony is now on with Ariel saying he would like to fight Khabib but there's no guarantee that Khabib will show up. Tony now says he just wants to fight for the title, that's all that's left. He says Conor needs to defend or vacate

Tony still says he's glad Khabib is OK but that Khabib is unprofessional and disrespectful for missing. Tony says that Khabib hurt his bank account deeply.. 

Tony says he has not received the show money yet, despite Dana's statement saying he did 

He says he can fight on the April card, his body is still ready to go

Last edited:
#ScumbagDana wanted Tony Ferguson to take a paycut and that's why he turned down Michael Johnson as a replacement

I think what was at work here was that the Khabib fight was a title fight, which I believe means a step up in pay.

But the Johnson fight wouldn't have been.

So they were trying to pay him non title fight money and he wasn't having it.

Which is fair. You set up your camp based on what you're making. Can't turn around and take less because of Khabib while still being in a dangerous, short notice fight.

Khabib/Evans/Frankie's manager had this to say:

-Khabib is now back in Russia

-They did try to call Dana and the match maker at 4 am but neither answered before going to the hospital

-Khabib will stay 155, zero intention to fight at 170

-Khabib is in no way retiring by the age of 30 as rumored

-If it was up to the manager, he would like to see Khabib fight on the Dallas card in May before Ramadan

-15 minutes after Evans' fight, he said book me right away for another fight at 185

-David Branch will make his return in Dallas in May

-Frankie will have a new contract/fight announced soon

It's also funny how he manages certain fighters that have cross interests

For instance, he manages Rumble and also Khabib, who is teammates with DC. So DC and him have this funny thing going.. he also manages Dariuesh who is fighting Barboza, which Barboza trains with Frankie... funny how these things play out

Last edited:
There def needs to be something done about these outrageous weight cuts, Khabib should be fighting at 170 at least wtf

Woodley says he would like to fight again in July during International Fight Week

Considering: Maia, Jorge, Conor, Bisping, GSP...

If it's his former training partner Jorge, he says they could fight and then hit the club after that, unlike what happened after the Robbie fight. He said Robbie was "more emotional than I thought"..

Y'all hear woodley still complaining about everything and nothing... Lol he's so cringeworthy at this point I can't listen to him without getting annoyed

He was on tmz talking about why Dana would say he thought wonderboy won and why the commission would be mad at the judge scoring the fifth as 10-8

Because @ this point he's only hurting himself w/ the complaining.

Complains he's the worst treated champion and promoted poorly when DJ is one title defense from tying Anderson and he's fighting on FOX.

Calls out multiple fighters after a draw because he thinks he deserves a money fight.

Claims people don't like him because he's black when Jon Jones almost killed a pregnant woman and still gets cheered over good guy DC.

Proclaims himself the WW GOAT and said he would
leave no doubt as to who the better fighter was between him and Wonderboy in the rematch.

Does nothing for 24.5/25 minutes, many people think WB won, gets the decision and instead of taking his W and going home, he still finds more time to complain.

We've had enough, that's all.

Back
Top Bottom