The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Apparently Khabib's cousin was also previously denied entry into the U.S. by the Obama administration

Khabib's fam on some sort of list or what

Yea I listened to Khabib on Ariel's show earlier this week and he mentioned his Dad was previously denied for visit on his last fight.

Also looks like the Struve-Ngannu fight isn't happening after all. I'd like Ngannu to get a higher level opponent as Struve is basically the HW Gatekeeper these days. Funny how he did KO Stipe almost 5 years back.

Just seen Struve's IG post saying he's still hurt until July

Saved his own life

Ngannu needs to headline a card anyway

Last edited:

Just seen Struve's IG post saying he's still hurt until July

Saved his own life

Ngannu needs to headline a card anyway
Agreed. Majority of the top HW's already have fights booked though. Too bad Rothwell/Werdum is already booked, either of those guys would be a solid matchup. Not sure who they give him now, maybe just keep him on deck as an injury replacement for few months unless they want to have him destroy another dude outside the top 10.

Just watched khabib mj fight again...for all the talk about Conor landing his left hand on khabib cuz mj did it...ppl need to pay close attention cuz it was a right hand that stunned khabib lol. He did land a couple lefts but they didn't do the damage it was a right hand lol

Eh, I don't particularly think it matters if it was the right or left, he got cracked. It showed he's actually human lol

We'll see what Ferguson is able to do

Like I mentioned though, Khabib hadn't faced competition of MJ's caliber in a few years so you have to factor that in as well. Getting acquainted with that speed probably took some time

For Ngannu, they could seriously consider the winner of Hunt/Overeem

Last edited:
Blackzillians situation is weird because Spong was with Rashad in that Embedded.

Spong is now head striking coach at BZ replacing Hooft. Who left to start his own gym etc. And Rashad went with him.

Spong is the guy that brought Hooft to BZ to begin with.

I know Spong and Rashad also have the same boxing coach (Pedro Diaz) so I guess they still good.

Blackzillians situation is weird because Spong was with Rashad in that Embedded.

Spong is now head striking coach at BZ replacing Hooft. Who left to start his own gym etc. And Rashad went with him.

Spong is the guy that brought Hooft to BZ to begin with.

I know Spong and Rashad also have the same boxing coach (Pedro Diaz) so I guess they still good.
Bro, I was thinking the same exact thing

Glenn Robinson cannot be pleased lol

Looks like GSP will speak tomorrow to the press in Vegas at 2 PM PST

Also, lol at tonight's Sportscenter trying to start beef because they know nothing about the fighters. So lazy and sad on ESPN's part

Wonderboy at the end, hilarious

Khabib might've been hit by MJ, but he recovered and dominated. Everybody gets hit. There isn't a dude out there that hasn't been clipped, what counts is the ability to recover and win.

Vanata nearly KOed Ferguson, but Ferguson still managed to get the win.

Ferguson is a puzzle Khabib will have to solve to beat, but Ferguson doesn't have the power to finish it with one shot. If he can hurt Khabib with strikes it's going to be with volume similar to what Diaz did to McGregor, but I just can't see that happening. Khabib succeeds at getting the takedown McGregor failed to complete and should be able to recover. Ferguson could catch him in a funky submission that Khabib hasn't seen before.

Wonderboy: "Why you gotta be so mean, this guys so mean..."

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

He's dope, don't like how Woodley has been in interviews since being the champ.

if they trying to sell the fight, they might as well should have scripted that interview :lol:

Looking forward to the fight but I actually prefer Khabib's broken english **** talk to this.

They just had GGG on too so he would have been just fine.

Last edited:
Khabib might've been hit by MJ, but he recovered and dominated. Everybody gets hit. There isn't a dude out there that hasn't been clipped, what counts is the ability to recover and win.
It's still worth mentioning, is all (especially if someone's forecasting a matchup with Conor, and the fact that we automatically point to Conor's wrestling). Nothing condemning, just stating facts. Mostly dude hasn't been rocked like that in any of his fights

Outside of fighting RDA, Khabib hadn't faced an elite striker until MJ (if you even consider him elite)

Just like it's fair to point out Ferg's really only faced a few exceptional wrestlers/grapplers

Woodley is so annoying at this point no wonder why he keeps complaining about fans turning on him. Dude said he knocked down wonderboy 4 times and out struck him the whole fight... Dude delusional. He caught a kick in the first did some good GNP and hurt him in the fourth with a couple punches besides that he had his back on the cage the whole time..

Woodley is ultra bitter however Dom explained and brought up a great point... Dom always bringing valid points

"You have to understand we're in the 1 percentile on planet Earth. He's a lion that has to hear all these opinions from sheep. He's tired of it"

Dom explained this point in a general sense, not just Woodley. All fighters have to deal with everyone's view of them when at the end of the day they are participating in a crazy sport. I understand where he's coming from honestly, they are all human it's hard to just shut off these outside voices. It's easy to say "they're fighters it's a part of the job" which is valid as well, but I'm guessing most fighters will have a reaction

Also, Woodley was the closest to finishing the fight and beat on Wonderboy pretty good. Woodley messed up by going for the sub rather than finish with GnP. They both fought a boring style but Woodley was more exciting if anything. He definitely gassed in the fifth, shouldn't burned his arms out on the guillotine but that's being a Monday Morning QB

Last edited:
Weigh-ins under way with some speculation from unconfirmed sources that Khabib might not make weight. Ferguson weighed in at 154.5.

Funny because Ferg clowned him for just that in the Embedded.

Also means no belt for him if he doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom