The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

it's the referees job to get in there just before the bell stops just like its the referees job to to allow recoveries for groin shots and eye pokes or to give warnings and take away points for fence grabs

this referee did none of that, he should have given a warning the first time but didnt

same with tapping, you dont let go when you feel your opponent tapping, you let go when the ref stops you

lets say someone holds an RNC at the end of a round and the ref doesnt brake them up until a second or 2 after the bell, now that other persons out - thats a victory to me

Last edited:
When it happens twice in a fight and you don't believe a point should be taken I don't know what to tell you

Most knowledgeable folks (analysts, fighters, big John) in mma agree a point should have been taken

Oh well it is what it is, nobody cares about that pointless division anyway. The fight was a fraud title fight anyway

Last edited:
Random notes:

-Dustin is calling for Nate Diaz or Michael Chisea (Dustin need to chill)

-Rogan finally admits that he was wrong in saying that Ronda can beat half the male bantamweight division 

-Korean Super Boy got married or is getting married and taking time off

-Gunnar vs Jouban set for March 18

-A paper out in Ireland reporting that Floyd/Conor terms have been agreed upon, no contract signatures yet but a fight could be announced in the coming weeks....

To piggy back off the Conor/Floyd note above, looks like we have things brewing

Brett OkamotoESPN Staff Writer 

Significant update on potential Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor super fight: Nevada State Athletic Commission chairman Anthony Marnell tells ESPN, "Real people are having real discussions. I'm also telling you my opinion as the NSAC chairman that a lot of things need to get done in order to see something like this come together because there are so many parties that want to get their hands on the pot. Maybe it will get figured out, but it's going to be hard when everyone is declaring they want $100 million."

ShareMMA 6m

Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani  29m29 minutes ago
More

McGregor's plan has been: meet with NAC to clear issue, then TMT, then UFC. That's what's going on now. Early stages of that plan.

28 replies242 retweets339 likes

Conor probably just wants to cash out and retire

I don't blame him

He'll probably make more this fight than 5 ufc fights

Win or lose he'll get paid

Well

If he has any kind of success he can fight pacquiao after

Last edited:
Just imagine the possibilities of corruption if this somehow came to be....

I could see them setting it up to where Floyd wouldn't put the beating on him too hard... let Conor keep some of his dignity... who knows possible rematch or something

I am speaking within the framework of keeping him as a viable option for another bout

With such a goofy circus freak match, so much money and interests involved, I could envision quite a bit of shenanigans going on behind the scenes

The second time Germaine did it she pointed to her head and smiled as if she was saying sarcastically "oops, I forgot"

**** that girl b

C-Mac has always said he was a business man first. even if he takes the L in embarrasing fashion, he did it while getting a fat check
this fight will go down as there is zero risk, big payday for both men who love money and attention

Last edited:
If you can make retirement money then go for it. He'd make extra if he puts his fight check money on floyd to win.

Couldn't he just retire as an mma fighter and sign a contract as a boxer? 2 different sports so I dunno if there would be a no-compete for a competitor clause

Last edited:
Couldn't he just retire as an mma fighter and sign a contract as a boxer? 2 different sports so I dunno if there would be a no-compete for a competitor clause

Probably something in the contract preventing exactly that, retiring just to compete in another combat sport... For money

I'm sure he can retire and compete on as many bjj tournaments as he wants

Last edited:
why is the ufc/dana so reluctant in letting conor fight. they are going to get a cut of it as well, right? how much of the pie do they want/need?
are they afraid that once he gets that payday, he's going to call it quits?

Brock Lesnar has notified the UFC of his retirement from MMA

so he isnt going to pay that 250k fine :lol:

Last edited:
Brock Lesnar has notified the UFC of his retirement from MMA
Well at least we have his mini version

gary-copeland.jpg

why is the ufc/dana so reluctant in letting conor fight. they are going to get a cut of it as well, right? how much of the pie do they want/need?
are they afraid that once he gets that payday, he's going to call it quits?
so he isnt going to pay that 250k fine
laugh.gif
I think that is exactly it, Dana knows Conor is his golden ticket and it could be some time until another fighter can generate such a buzz. I mean if Connor gets anywhere near 50 mil for one fight you can pretty much bank on him retiring.

I don't know the MMA fan in me hopes this fight never happens and he actually defends the LW belt or at the very least fights Nate once more.

UFC being the UFC. If it's confusing to read, basically Six Gun Gibson is saying the UFC notified the Jacksons camp saying the UFC will no longer be providing film of fights and that if they want to study film, they would need to purchase Fight Pass

indifferent.gif

Brandon Gibson 

Exactly, that's the other big issue. Fight Pass lacks a lot of fights that are important to each camp.

@SixGunGibson I have fight pass. And most fights aren't even available.

Brandon Gibson ‏@SixGunGibson  5 hHace 5 horas

I already have a Fight Pass subscription, the problem is that Fight Pass isn't a good way to study. No slow mode, its a pain to rewind, etc

In the past we'd get zip drive links to download. No Fight Pass subscription is offered to the camps, we need to purchase it on our own.

Could you imagine if the NFL told their coaches to just DVR whatever games they want to study? Film study leads to better fights & finishes.

I just got an email from the UFC saying that fight tape will no longer be available to coaches and fighters and I need to use Fight Pass.

Back
Top Bottom