The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Judges scores have been an issue since the beginning. Do any of the judges have experience fighting/wrestling?? or just judging. Will never understand a 30-27 blue and and 30-27 red split decision. How is that possible??

It is a stretch but it's always possible.

One dude scores a takedown one way.

Another judge doesn't because the dude got back up.

One dude sees aggression as a fighter throwing 50 punches.

Another judge sees that they didn't really land and the other fighter landed cleaner shots.

One judge sees a guy going forward and he thinks that's "control".

Another judge sees the other fighter backing up, setting traps and landing.

Judges are human. So human error is always a part of the equation. Favoritism can be as well. Or just the fact that two people won't always see things the same.

And yes, if you want to go there, corruption.

Last edited:
New York has been nothing but a mess with their commission everything. I guess to be expected being its their first time having fights

Last edited:
They have a 145 division with no 145 fighters lol

It's basically gonna be whichever 135er feels brave enough to fight cyborg at 145 at the time

Nunes vs cyborg would be good money i want to see that one

nunes the only one with power in her hands to challenge her. Would be a slobberknocker.

she messed up in wanting to fight
should have waited for rematch w/ ronda and get that huge payday and another W

Epically bad management and fight planning. She cost herself millions and millions of dollars and has had her psyche destroyed. She is one of the best women kickboxers in the world and she didnt want it no more standing and trading so she had to start grappling. Lil patience would have altered her whole career path. Aint bo endsorsements or any more big paydays comin now... unless its in adult films

still one of the top fighters, but it was high risk/low reward by her team
in my opinion, she was winning that fight vs tate until the very end when she got caught
who knows how her career would play out if she won that. think she has the tools to beat nunes. holm's cardio is insane

would not surprise me if valentina takng that title away from nunes
girls playing hot potato with that title

Last edited:

At Middleweight they've got some sorting out to do

I wish they'd finally announce who Bisping is fighting, I'm assuming Romero

Bisping vs Romero

Mousasi vs Weidman set

Jacare, Rockhold, Whittaker, and Anderson in line

It's kind of a mess and Jacare deserves the next title shot but who knows what will happen. Apparently he said he wants to stay active.. the Rockhold rematch is always looming

I wonder if they'd match Anderson with either Rockhold or Whittaker
like i said poor jacre

he aint ever gunna champ

theres jus too many mouths to feed in middleweight. bisping being champ kinda ruins the whole division tbh

im pretty sure hes a betting underdog vs Yoel or Jacare or Luke prolly even Weidman and whittaker too

How long was honda out? A year, almost a year? If fighting is holly's only source of income then waiting that long for a rematch might've not been an option.

How long was honda out? A year, almost a year? If fighting is holly's only source of income then waiting that long for a rematch might've not been an option.

that rousey fight got her PAID since she got multiple bonuses
it had to be somewhere between 200-300k

still remember it was like 11/1 odds in vegas :pimp:

Last edited:
Cyborg, Fedor, Bisping, Rory, Paul Daley, Rockhold and Brunson will be on with Ariel tomorrow

Not bad

I am interested in hearing from Rockhold and who he'd prefer to fight next out of Anderson, Jacare or Whittaker

I am also interested in hearing what Daley has to say about Michael Page going all out to slander him... 

Last edited:
Holly hasn't looked good since knocking out Honda. No idea how she was even in a title match?? Fight last night Holly would put her head down and charge with 3-4 mini punches while almost always eating a nice return right. As well she would be grunting before everything she threw. Cormier mentioned it while commentating. No need to see any more honda or holm. I'm good

Two random notes:

-Will brooks says a fight was offered to both Pettis and oliveria, Oliveria is the one that said yes. Good choice, Anthony

-Jorge masvidal says that Neil magny was offered a fight with him and that magny is sandbagging with an "injury"

Last edited:
Oliveira is unranked now apparently, he had the juice for a while, dunno what happened

He isn't ranked anymore.. one of those cases where I think he's too "small" for 155 and too big for 145, but definitely skilled and entertaining to watch. I like how he's willing to throw his BJJ to the side and just start brawling

All that weight cutting really messed with his performances and he's missed weight several times

Going back to 155 overall should be good for him.. Brooks is pretty much the worst style matchup to welcome you back to the division though. Pettis was wise in not accepting that one

Last edited:
Lmao exactly what I thought, Germaine ducking cyborg

I called it whoever won wouldn't want to fight cyborg

The ref was the one to fault not Germaine. Number one the ref did not step in in time. Number two the ref should have taken a point either round

She just wants to keep the belt a little longer. Not like the ufc pressures people with the belt to defend anyway. Interims for everyone.

Lmao exactly what I thought, Germaine ducking cyborg

I called it whoever won wouldn't want to fight cyborg

The ref was the one to fault not Germaine. Number one the ref did not step in in time. Number two the ref should have taken a point either round

Well, if it wasn't Germaine's fault, why would they have taken a point?

Last edited:
Well, if it wasn't Germaine's fault, why would they have taken a point?
Because it's against the rules. The refs job is to step in at the end of the round. He failed to do that

Germaine should have been penalized even if she didn't intend to go against the rules

Because it's against the rules. The refs job is to step in at the end of the round. He failed to do that

Germaine should have been penalized even if she didn't intend to go against the rules

I think she should have been penalized the second time, but not the first, even though the first time rocked Holm. I agree with Holly though, the first should have been a warning but the second should have definitely been a point deduction.

According to the rules, the round stops when the ref jumps in, not when the bell rings. Although dirty, it was technically legal.

Last edited:
Yeah honestly her intent and who's fault it was is actually besides the point. I'm of the opinion that a point should have certainly been deducted

Few notes from Ariel's show so far:

Rory Macdonald

-As of today, Rory hasn't sparred since his last fight. Will start sparring soon

-Will have his training camp split between Tristar and B.C., he has not decided who will corner him yet

-He will fight at both 170 and 185 in Bellator, so that he can remain active

-He says that he had been focusing too much on his opponent and not on his own strengths and was overthinking

-He has no idea what GSP's intentions are, doesn't expect any announcement soon

Paul Daley

-Compares Michael Page to Justin Bieber in that he's the newcomer, and that Page is Michael Jackson (not on the same level)

-Isn't really that bothered by Page's social media trash talk or that Page refers to Daley as "Paula"

-Wants the biggest fights (Rory)

-Believes Rory is "not right"

Last edited:
Rockhold

-Been traveling the world (Bali, Australia, Florida) to take his mind off his ACL tear

-Wants to return in the Summer

-Been lightly training but sometimes he pushes it too hard and then experiences a set back

-Has been training with Henri Hooft and they have good chemistry, but is still officially with AKA

-Will seek out Jacare when he returns, believes Jacare is stiff and hasn't improved that much since they last fought

-If Yoel Romero beats Bisping, Rockhold wants to fight Bisping instead of getting a title shot to shut Bisping up

I don't agree w all this point deduction stuff. I am convinced she couldn't even hear the horn go off the second time cuz she just got her bell rung and started swinging back and the crowd was loud as hell at that moment, not to mention her adrenaline was prob at it's highest.

And ppl acting Like Holm was defenseless or somethin, u don't stop protecting yourself while there's an exchange going on near the bell...in other words u don't drop ur hands as soon as u hear the horn if there's an exchange going on

If it takes the ref a second or 2 after the horn to jump in then u shouldn't b standing there w ur hands down staring at ur opp as soon as the bell rings

And at neither point did she swing over the ref or while he was breaking it up

I can't believe you guys are defending cheap shots. Everyone else somehow was anle to hear the bell and not hit someone after it rang except for one person. On top of that, it isn't like it happened just one time.... it happened twice

Back
Top Bottom