The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Anik, Rogan and DC will be on the call for this Saturday's card, should be interesting

Should also let Cruz get in on a card if they go back to a trio team. I personally don't mind if they expand to 3...

And y'all gotta stop boosting BJ to make your mans Frankie look good. His whole career been on a downward spiral since GSP. He only beat KenFlo, Diego Dream Sanchez, and CTE Matt Hughes after that

Some day you'll realize you can't rewrite history.

BJ was the best LW in the world at the time hands down. The GSP fight was at WW and he's still considered one of the greatest fighters ever in the UFC.

Meanwhile many of these "killers" you hold in high regard lost to fighters a hell of a lot worse than KenFlo :lol:

The same way you claim we're "boosting BJ" to make Frankie look good, you out here talking about fighters being a "big step up" from dudes they lost to to fuel your obsession :lol:

By the way, quoting yourself......isn't helping your cause any.

Last edited:
Stop making sense. He's not here for logic
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Frankie not being able to beat washed Pettis or washed Barao? 
sick.gif

The LW champion was "washed".

Maybe after he fought Frankie but certainly not before.

Your convenient screen cap doesn't change that history.

Even Conor can tell you how hard it is to fight giant WW's like Fitch, Nick and Rory :lol:

You looking a mess out here son. Quoting the worst source imaginable. Repeating **** that was foolish the first time around.

Move on with your life :lol:

I don't know why you take such exception to the fact I don't think Frankie would have beat RDA, Pettis, Cowboy, or Nate if he stayed at 155

RDA, Cowboy, Bendo, and Nate have fought or are going to 170

Frankie went down a weight class for a reason is considering going down another

He's a champ but you trying to make him sound like the goat LW cause he beat BJ on the downturn of his career and KO'd Gray Maynard once

Last edited:
I don't why you take such exception to the fact I don't think Frankie would have beat RDA, Pettis, Cowboy, or Nate if he stayed at 155

That wasn't what I took exception to.

That wasn't your "point".

Quote yourself some more and you'll see what you typed and what I took exception to.

What you don't seem to realize is you can say what you just said, and that's fine. And absolutely nowhere did I suggest Frankie was "the goat" anything. You're seeing things.

He went down a weight class because a 3rd fight with Ben wasn't happening and an immediate fight with Aldo was. Stop trying to re-write history. The man was never dominated at 155 that he was running from the division like you make it seem.

And feeling the need to slander other great fighters, CHAMPIONS at that, and pretending like these "killers", some of whom never touched gold, are a "big step up" from these other guys they lost to, because you don't like Frankie Edgar, is bird **** IMO.

RDA, Cowboy, Bendo, and Nate have fought or are going to 170

What is your "point" here?

What have they accomplished there?

Last edited:
I have to disagree with you brother, he's beaten everyone except Aldo. Specifically, which new blood couldn't Edgar keep up with?

Yair and Choi are a bit green to be that confident in

But you have a point, it's interesting to see what happens to him

I would prefer Yair to go up against Cub but if they don't go that route, I wouldn't be mad at Frankie either

Zombie should get Cub or Stephens

You're right he's beating everybody from 2-10 but I don't see him beating Aldo or Max at 145.

And pure speculation but I don't think he would beat Cody and TJ at 135. I see them being too dynamic :nerd:

Last edited:
I have to disagree with you brother, he's beaten everyone except Aldo. Specifically, which new blood couldn't Edgar keep up with?

I would prefer Yair to go up against Cub but if they don't go that route, I wouldn't be mad at Frankie either

You're right he's beating everybody from 2-10 but I don't see him beating Aldo or Max at 145.

And pure speculation but I don't think he would beat Cody and TJ at 135. I see them being too dynamic :nerd:
Be careful you might hurt someone's feelings

Last edited:
It's always the guy doing the most that wants to talk about the next man's "feelings" :lol:

Awash in irony you are......

He's obviously not beating Aldo. Max is still young. Still need to see more. He is one of the guys Frankie asked for in his last fight.

Same with Cody being young. Dom doesn't box like Edgar. He uses his footwork but always kind of left himself open up top. Don't remember him getting off the 4/5 punch combos in the same way Edgar does.

Edgar/Cody would be a great boxing exhibition though. Cody is a beast but I don't see "dynamic" in terms of his footwork the way I do with Dom + TJ. I don't see Cody's speed being as much of an issue for Edgar as it was for Dom but I could be wrong. Tough to tell from the naked eye without seeing them against each other.

TJ is another toss up. All great fights though.

Last edited:
Who is Derek Brunson training with? Granted, it was only an Embedded, but I seen he opened his own gym.. dudes in the gym were like everyday people

Again, I don't know his training camp, but it was just interesting to see

Anderson seems washed but, shoot, it's Anderson. He has that BJ effect where it's like, hmmmm, let me see him go out there one more time...

Last edited:
Brunson throws heat but he's wreckless as ****. Anderson could get a vintage K.O if he comes out wild.

Who is Derek Brunson training with? Granted, it was only an Embedded, but I seen he opened his own gym.. dudes in the gym were like everyday people

Again, I don't know his training camp, but it was just interesting to see

I've seen him around NY gyms training jits with some of the Renzo Gracie guys.

But I don't know about striking. Might do it at Renzo's as well.

EDIT: Wiki says Jacksons along with Renzo.

Last edited:
Bumped into Team Alpha Male at the Cosmo last night, they really are a pack of little dudes. Even caveman Clay Guida is a little dude (he was with them).

Bumped into Team Alpha Male at the Cosmo last night, they really are a pack of little dudes. Even caveman Clay Guida is a little dude (he was with them).

some of these guys are small. seen rashad evans one time and was surprised how small he was
then again, there's some big dudes on tv that look even bigger in real life (brock, rothwell, etc)

Last edited:
Been so oblivious to this card because I gave no damns about most of the main card that I didn't realize Poirier was fighting on it.

Shout to Randy Brown and Nover on the card as well.

Amidst all the **** ****, no one answered my question......what happened to Bobby Green?

Back
Top Bottom