The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

laugh.gif
 right. Bendo also beat Gil but Bendo and Frankie can't hang with those killers 
eyes.gif

I also think Frankie could've beat Pettis for the belt if he had stuck around longer.

Lightweight division was LITTTT when Edgar, Bendo, and Pettis were champs, by far the best weight class imo. Looking kind of dry these days.
You were right on until the very last sentence lol

155 is far from looking dry these days...

Conor, Nate, Khabib, Ferg...

I still think Alvarez, Barboza and Dariush are viable contenders

I still think Michael Johnson and Chisea have a lot left to give...

Last edited:
Frankie would have struggled against Nate due to reach advantage, it goes to the mat Nate has BJJ advantage

Frankie would have struggled against Cowboy due to reach advantage

Pettis only Guida During his UFC debut

I agree Gilbert overrated tho

RDA might have literally killed Frankie

BJJ advantage? Frankie has been subbed.....when?

Like shogun said, Nate has always had a tough go with wrestlers.

Cowboy's reach isn't actually that long for his size. And clean combo punchers with good footwork might be his kryptonite.

Pettis' only lost to a wrestler? You don't say.....

This is all fantasy **** anyway. We'll never know.

The reality is you claimed dudes weren't on the same level when a lot of them were fighting each other to a standstill.

Last edited:
What are you even talking about I specifically said those guys are a step up from washed BJ and Gray Maynard

I don't think BJ or Gray or Frankie have beat any of them

Has Bendo? Maybe but Frankie never beat Bendo either

Frankie went down to 45 for a reason and he's thinking about going down to 35 now

Even Frankie knownhe can't hang, I dunno why you gotta fight his imaginary wars for him

You were right on until the very last sentence lol

155 is far from looking dry these days...

Conor, Nate, Khabib, Ferg...

I still think Alvarez, Barboza and Dariush are viable contenders

I still think Michael Johnson and Chisea have a lot left to give...
I mean it's not light heavyweight division dry 
laugh.gif
 I guess I was just spoiled by how good the division looked. 

You're right tho current top 6 does look good. Conor** , Alvarez, Khabib, Ferg, Nate, and Barboza. I'm not fully convinced on Johnson & co just yet.

Hard to even count Conor in there, son isn't going to defend the belt cause they're not money fights 
eyes.gif
  same thing with Nate. 

Last edited:
Conor
Alvarez
Ferguson
RDA
Khabib
Barboza
Nate

Chiesa
MJ
Porier

I'm not sure Frankie beats anyone in the Top 7

And that's leaving out Pettis, Cowboy, and I don't know if Aldo gonna fight at 155

I mean it's not light heavyweight division dry 
laugh.gif
 I guess I was just spoiled by how good the division looked. 

You're right tho current top 6 does look good. Conor** , Alvarez, Khabib, Ferg, Nate, and Barboza. I'm not fully convinced on Johnson & co just yet.

Hard to even count Conor in there, son isn't going to defend the belt cause they're not money fights 
eyes.gif
  same thing with Nate. 
Lol you right, I'm with you in that we were spoiled. And yeah, Conor better defend lmao 

he's talked about fighting floyd and maybe anderson silva. so yeah, that belt isn't going to be defended.

Outside of defending the belt, he's got:

Floyd

Woodley

Anderson

Shoot, GSP has said he'd be interested in a fight previously

Shoot, I wouldn't be surprised if he challenged for the 145 title just to spite everyone/Dana

Dude stays with options

Last edited:
I don't think BJ or Gray or Frankie have beat any of them

Has Bendo?

But as I already pointed out, you're wrong.

Seems to be what you do best :lol:

Conor
Alvarez
Ferguson
RDA
Khabib
Barboza
Nate

Chiesa
MJ
Porier

I'm not sure Frankie beats anyone in the Top 7

And you got the nerve to talk about "imaginary" :lol:

Only person that is dealing in imaginary is you. I gave you facts based on your incorrect statement. Since you missed it the first time, let me help you again....

The reality is you claimed dudes weren't on the same level when a lot of them were fighting each other to a standstill.

Last edited:
So because Gray Maynard beat Nate in a decision, that means Frankie can keep being your hero and you can sleep better at night.

Gotcha

That's the best you can do?

"Hero"? "Sleep better"?

:lol:

Do better.

Read what you typed on the last page, read my replies to it and you, realize your assessment was incorrect, and move on with your life.

Last edited:
BJ was FAR from washed in their first 2 fights.

Bendo beat Nate and Cowboy and that Cowboy win was questionable.

Gray was 1-1 with Nate.

Gil I always thought was overrated. Great fighter and a top LW but by no means unstoppable.

Frankie could have easily hung with any of those dudes.

Stop pretending son ain't nice
laugh.gif
BJ was already washed, this was his record after the Frankie Fights

Grays record after Frankie

As you can see both Gray and BJ were already thoroughly washed 

Bendo is the only one to compete with the others, but Frankie never beat Bendo 

So miss we with your Frankie could hang with those guys alternative facts

Last edited:
So Frankie retired both of them?

:smokin

You're posting that **** like they weren't the best fighters in the division at the time fighting for the belt.

Talking about Nate being a "killer" when he never even sniffed gold.

Oh, so Ben "competed" with the others? Or BEAT them when they were supposedly a "big step up"?

Do better.

Read what you typed on the last page, read my replies to it and you, realize your assessment was incorrect, and move on with your life.

Last edited:
Right. But that wasn't the point.

You still wrong son. You just running in circles now trying to hide it.

Bad look :lol:

It must've been nice being washed while having the lightweight belt and being called the best lightweight ever. Destroyed people in his title defenses too.

My point 

Would have been fun if Frankie stayed at 55

He would have probably had to gone through any of:
Pettis, Nate, Gil, Cowboy and RDA

It's easy to say that though now. Back then to get an instant title shot at Aldo and to challenge yourself against the best at that time, I can't criticize that. Especially in hindsight. I actually appreciate him taking the Aldo fight
I don't think he would have been able to hang with any of those killers

Big step up from Gray Maynard, washed BJ Penn and Bendo

Last edited:
All of this aside, got me thinking about 155 back in those days.

Masvidal was fighting in Strikeforce. Fought Gil to a decision for the belt. Great to seem him still going strong.

And shout out to Josh Thompson who also fought with the best of them to damn near a standstill and I felt never got the appreciation he deserved.

Anyone know what happened to Bobby Green?

Last edited:
RDA beat them all so he's clearly on a level above the rest so there is no standstill

Pettis beat all but RDA and never fought Nate so clearly he's the next level down from RDA

Bendo

Cowboy (cause Cowboys win against Bendo was questionable)

Nate

Frankie never beat Bendo so he's at the bottom

It's not very difficult to understand

Last edited:
Understanding isn't really your strong suit though.

There is no "bottom" when the fights aren't going to happen. This is all your fantasy.

You tried to make a "point". Your point was resoundingly refuted.

And you been chasing your tail every since.

Got the nerve to talk about "questionable" wins like Bendo's over Frankie weren't.

You just have some obsessive dislike for Edgar and are trying to weave this fable to suit your needs.

On the last page you had the nerve to talk about dudes using MMA math, and look at you right now :lol:

Full on Shrek status.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom