The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

i think a prime anderson silva would be able to play punchy face with jones regardless of size difference or jones clinching abilities

Last edited:
http://espn.go.com/ufc/story/_/id/17116063/mark-hunt-slams-ufc-calls-fighters-union
Mark Hunt has called for a UFC fighters' union as he steps up his attack on management following Brock Lesnar's failed doping tests.

"The way I see it, the Brock Lesnar doping thing is just another reason why we need a fighter's association," Hunt told MarkHunt.tv.

"These guys are just making up the rules as they go."
"I was told Brock was gonna be tested when I took the fight, he comes in looking fricken juicy as hell and then I find out he's popped after the PPV (pay-per-view) has already been sold," he said.

"It's ridiculous. The fact that they haven't even bothered to make contact with me since all of this happened just proves they don't care."

Perfect time with the UFC being bought.

Eeeeeh. That's not quite the same.

Khan is in an elite class. Olympic silver medalist. Yea, he gets licked sometimes against other accomplished boxers (especially if they're much heavier i.e. Canelo, though a few other got him good :lol:).

But striking in MMA is not on that level IMO. Both the boxing and the Muay Thai. Again, just my opinion.

With that said, we all should know by now that this conversation is going nowhere.

Even when a boxer faces an MMA fighter, be it Toney vs. Couture, or Mercer vs. Silvia on the opposite spectrum, we still don't have an answer.

We do have the answer. The MMAer always shoots for the single leg. When the don't, (mercer/silva happens and Mercer is Nowhere as accomplshed or skilled as Khan) and I'm not calling the shoot cowardly or stupid, it's actually the smartest decision ever and the most respectful of their respective opponents strengths

Hunt about to get fired. A union isn't going to happen until the champions and big name fighters do something but they're living too comfortably to go against the company. They need to do what the missouri football team did and have every single fighter agree to sit out.

Kicks will effect the range drastically for a boxer. It's not as black and white as pointing to one match from a heavyweight fight as for proof as what would happen

Most of the lighter weight skilled mmaers who can utilize kicking range would fare a lot better versus a world class boxer

Hunt about to get fired. A union isn't going to happen until the champions and big name fighters do something but they're living too comfortably to go against the company. They need to do what the missouri football team did and have every single fighter agree to sit out.

Well yeah, as with baseball, football, hockey, all major sport strikes. Need the likes of Conor to be aboard.

it starts with the top athletes, but the ufc do take care of their big time talent so they don't complain
unless there is a mass exodus of top fighters to bellator or something else, the ufc ain't worried. also, they can always build up and hype "the next big star"

Anyone ever been to a Bellator event? :rolleyes I've been to two UFC events now and loved it.

Just copped cheap tickets to Bellator 160 in Anaheim. Hopefully they add some other decent fights to the card with Henderson/Pitbull.

most likely Jon going to get hit with that 2 year....

so what yall think?

Stay competing in international organizations until his ban is up?

Rizin, One FC?

Think it wouldn't be bad for him, he could stay in motion, keep gaining XP and learn some new stuff outside the US....

Wouldn't hurt him to branch out to asia and carve out a market for himself.

Pull a marbury for 2 years??? Shieeeeeeett why not

And condit X maia got moved off of 202...man oh well

^ I dont know

but you cant just sit on the shelf for 2 years, if he is bound then he should ask to be released and keep fighting

although unlikely, that would be an awesome. Send Jones to compete in that Rizin tourney ala Chuck in pride middlweight grand prix.

Damn, I can't believe that was 13 years ago. I remember everyone was geeked for the Chuck vs Wandy, and then Rampage derailed everything by whooping Chuck's ***. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
probably so...

but with all the **** that has happened to jon during his tenure at the UFC....i wouldn't be surprised if they cut him after this hearing....just like chael

I remember Dana saying this was his last chance or some **** like that after the hit and run

I believe Chael stated that if a suspended fighter attempted to circumvent the suspension from an athletic state commission by fighting internationally, they can kiss their career as an MMA fighter in north america good bye. These governing bodies also have agreements with other countries, so I doubt jones would want to play with fire like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom